ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Thinking

Posted by Vista 
New Thinking
May 19, 2011 10:14AM
There seem's to be a new wave of thinking or thought to understand and misinterpret pangtis to there own accord.

Many pangti similiar to the one below are used to say that keeping much rehat is not important, and that one should only do Naam Abhyass and not worry or pay attention to all Rehat or the finer points of Gurmat

ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਮੰਨਿਐ ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਰਾ ਸਭਿ ਬਾਦਿ ॥

Can everyone share there thoughts please.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: New Thinking
May 19, 2011 12:34PM
ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਰਾ ਸਭਿ ਬਾਦਿ

Veer Vista ji

Rehats is not "ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਰਾ". Rehats are like the dress code/principles/guidelines of khlasa. Just like a soldier has to obey the rules and regulations of the Army, Khalsa has to keep rehats to be the Distinct as Guru Kalgidhar Patsah made us, and above all these Rehats play an important role to work as ਵਾੜ to Naam/BANI KHETI.

There are hundreds of Panktis that HUKAM us to keep Rehats.
May 19, 2011 12:58PM
ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਮੰਨਿਐ ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਰਾ ਸਭਿ ਬਾਦਿ ॥

But doesn't this Pankiti mean the exact opposite of what those people are preaching, Vista jeeo?

Clearly the Pankiti means that for a Gursikh ਮੰਨਿਐ (Hukam manana, obeying Hukam) is Jap and Tap and all other works other than obeying Hukam are Mithiya (false).

Kulbir Singh
May 19, 2011 01:18PM
I agree. I don't know what steeks people are reading these days.. lol

Another question a rose in me, which is I know the answer to, but bibek can't be classed as austerity like mentioned in baNee right?.
This is to clear up my and the pangti misinterpreters doubt
May 19, 2011 11:27PM
Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsaa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh !!
ਮੰਨੇ ਨਾਉ ਸੋਈ ਜਿਣਿ ਜਾਇ ॥ ਅਉਰੀ ਕਰਮ ਨ ਲੇਖੈ ਲਾਇ ॥
Veer Kulbir Singh jeeo, looking at the last pangti of previous salok (quoted above), it seems like here ਮੰਨਿਐ means (Naam Manana i.e. Naam Japna and not Hukam Manana). However I agree that it means exactly opposite to what some preachers interpret.
Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsaa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh !!
May 20, 2011 07:46AM

Veer Kulbir Singh jeeo, looking at the last pangti of previous salok (quoted above), it seems like here ਮੰਨਿਐ means (Naam Manana i.e. Naam Japna and not Hukam Manana)

But "Kirpakaro" jeeo, is there any difference between Naam and Hukam? Naam alone is the Hukam. When Gurbani says Naam Japo, it naturally means that Naam japo according to Gurmat. According to Gurmat, Naam is japped by taking or adopting Gurmat (teachings of Guru Sahib). Is it possible to do Gurmat Naam Abhyaas, without keeping Rehit? Is it possible to Japp Naam without abstaining from Bajjar Kurehits? So where ever there is Hukam for Naam Japna, it means to Japp Naam according to Guru Sahib's Matt i.e. Gurmat.

According to the worldly way, a disease is not eliminated by medicine alone but by taking full advice of the doctor. One has to keep Sanjam (Parhez, dos and donts) also. Same way, Naam roopi medicine too must be taken along with Gurmat Sanjam.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login