ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Individual Unique path of Maryada

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji who has given each Sikh a distinct and unique
path to succeed on the Spiritual path of Naam

In Klajug, every one is following everyone ; the blind is being lead by the blind and their
destination is the darkness. But Guru Sahib has blessed each Sikh with the path to
enlightenment ( WaaheGurus Jot).

In the panth , there is only one Maryada which was given during Vasakhi. Every Sikh, according
to their cultural upbringing, Gurmat education, social circle, follows the Maryada differently. Nobody
can claim they are a better Sikh then then the next Sikh as each Gursikh walks the lighted path of Gurmat soley through
the hand and guidance of GUru Gobind SIngh Ji.

I can remember in the past , I used to think so and so Gurmukh does not follow Sarab Loh Bibek so
what is the need. I even use to question the practice of Bibek as this is a rehat not so popular in the
modern world. But it was soley through the grace of Guru Gobind Singh Ji that I learned the path of
Gurmat Maryada in unique and only few will follow or will at least attempt to follow.

Yes its true
we should learn from other Gursikhs, and encourage other Gursikhs to take courage
in following the path of Gurmat, but Guru Sahib pushes each of us according to our ability. The beautiful thing
about rehat is it belongs to us its our own unique path that encourages to strive on the spiritual path and not
fall in the quicksand of the worldy path.

ਰਹਿਤ ਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਰਹਿਣੀ, ਸੰਸਾਰੀਆ ਕੀ ਸੁਣਨੀ ਮੰਣਨੀ ਨਾਹੀ
Bhai Sahib Singh Ji Mukatnama
Rehat Sikh follows rehat and is not interested in the ways of the world.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!!

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jee,

Rehet -- is indeed important -- and the missing link in between all SIkhs seems to be INTERPETATION OF IT mainly due to what you say social and cultrual upbringing and edcuation. Your question were valid when you say so about bibek rehat and so are of any other Sikh-- and why shouldn't they be-- as without asking one never learns and progresses.
Key is to measure are we progressing every year Vasakai-- what step have we taken to go towards Guru Sahib and Rehit in particular. I can you tell you with my hand on my heart in the business i work in , i have to lay out certain sceniros as laws to govern my day at work - if and then scenioros-- and it's so easy to forget your own rules let alone remeber anyone elses.Ultimate strictist discipline is a key requirement and Gurmat Bibek rehat calls for it without a doubt. Issuess begin to conjur up when the ones following Bibek try to thrust it (with EGO support devices built up over the years) upon people who are not -- this is the biggest downfall- as without pyarr and bhavana it is impossible to thrust it upon anyone. Secondly Bibek is not a Bajjar Kureht-- but something to aim for the Khalsa- there has been without a doubt many shining Gurmukhs in the panth who didn't follow Bibek strictly. However, we;re not to take this the wrong way and think Bibek is not necessary either.

In my opinon and true Gurmat Bibek Singh is the most humblest being on this earth but as "verlay" -- hard to find.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login