ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matha Tekh to the Sangat?

Posted by nobody 
Matha Tekh to the Sangat?
May 02, 2011 03:48PM
Firstly, please forgive me for my ignorance and for asking such a basic question..I know very little and this is a genuine question. I hope I do not come across as disrespectful and apologise if this is the case!

After Kirtan programmes or even Amritvela programmes where Guru Maharaaj is NOT present, I have noticed that after ardaas the Sangat stands in a large circle and bows to one another or into the centre..I have always been taught to bow before Guru Sahib only..could someone please explain?

Thank you..
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
In Bhai Nand Lal Jis rehatnama Guru Sahib two of his forms are
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and collective Khalsa. So I dont see any
harm in bowing down to sangat if Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. But according
to maryada ShasterDhari Gursikhs
never matha tekh to the feet of any individual.
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh.

A lot of controversy has been created by few individuals that gursikhs cannot bow in front of other gursikhs. As Bhai Sukhdeep singh ji said, In Bhai Nand Lal jis rehatnama, it is clearly written about three roops of guru sahib and one of that roop is Khalsa. And Khalsa is always shastardhari. Even in Gurbani it is clearly wriiten by panjve Patshah " jo deesaye gursikhra tis niv niv lago paye jio". Bowing is a symbol of respect. Everyone has a jot of Parm Purakh. So depends if you are bowing in front of panj bhutak sareer or jot. But at the same time singhs have been restricted to bow in front of " statues, graves, pakhandis". Dadu ji's grave is an example in front of us. Not bowing can be associated with haume as well. And we have been told that we belong to " neechan hu main neech jaat" So everything depends upon the awastha of your mind. Take an example of bhai Ghanayeea ji, He was giving water to every one and the reason was he could see one jot in everyone. That one jot is present in every one even if person is sharabee, kababi. Only thing is if you have ability to see that jot as gursikh. Guru Arjan Dev patshah once started cleaning shoes of the sangat of Kabul( The gurdwara sahib is called Pipli sahib Amritsar). Guru Amardass patshah started wiping of the feet of a person who kicked him in sangat. So by the end of the day, we have to stay in nimrata. I have seen singhs who just lie down in the feets of singhs 30 years younger than them and even if the singh has just become singh. It is all piyaar of gursikhs with one jot and not panch bhootak sareer. And at the end, you can only see the jot if you Naam dhaya . Only guru roop panj piyare has enough power to pargat that jot. " Gur sakhi jot pargat hoye" and " satgur milye dib drish hoye". Untill or unless with guru sahibs grace, you have that dib drist to see the jot, only thing you are bowing in front of is panj bhutak maya. Sorry to make it very complicated but to make it easy, naam dhiyao and you will see yourself.

Dass,

Kawaljit

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,
Waheguru ji ki fateh.
Well said, Sukhdeep Singh jeeo and Kawaljit Singh jeeo.

Indeed, it is exactly according to Gurmat to bow before or even prostrate before Sangat of Gursikhs, even if there is no Prakash of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Guru Sahib apart from being Shabad-roop is also Sangat roop.There is no controversy on this issue.

One should always stay bowed before Bhagats as per this Gurbani Pankiti:

ਭਗਤ ਜਨਾ ਕਉ ਸਦਾ ਨਿਵਿ ਰਹੀਐ ਜਨ ਨਿਵਹਿ ਤਾ ਫਲ ਗੁਨ ਪਾਵੈਗੋ ॥

To show us how important it is to stay humble before Gursikhs, the above Gurbani Pankiti has declared that only then one would receive the reward or phal of Bhagti if one stays humble before Gursikhs (ਤਾ ਫਲ ਗੁਨ ਪਾਵੈਗੋ ). The word ਤਾ indicates a condition.

Kulbir Singh
Vaheguru. Thank you so so much smiling smiley Hopefully Guru Sahib will one day bless me with such humility!
Dhan Guru, Dhan Guru Pyaareh!
"Vich Sangat Har Prabh Vasai Jeeo"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login