ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ok To Have Pictures Of Present GurSikhs As Backgrounds?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ok To Have Pictures Of Present GurSikhs As Backgrounds?
March 28, 2011 10:19AM
Is it ok to have pictures of Gursikhs that are currently alive as backgrounds on phones or computers? There are certain Gursikhs that dass looks up to as they are so radient and beautiful.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I dont see any harm in having pictures of different Gurmukhs in ones household . I have pictures of
Baba Isher SIngh Ji ( Rara Sahib) Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, etc but I think once
we start putting certain individuals on our computers or phones we start to become to infatuated by
certain individuals and this can lead to a hindrance in reaching higher spiritual levels. Yes, there is nothing
wrong with being inspired by Gurmukhs through reading about their life stories or reading their literature, but the goal
for a Gursikh is to say attached to GUru Sahib only. It never please Guru Sahib or the Gurmukhs when we get
attached to certain Gurmukhs.
I would say that rather than putting anything else as background of your computer screen, put pictures of Gursikhs. I can't think of any negative impact of doing so. We don't hold pictures sacred as Hindus do and therefore there is no chance of any Be-Adbi either. So go ahead and have pictures of Gurmukhs as background of your computer screen.

Kulbir Singh
Vaheguroo Veer Jee i know it sounds really stupid! But a Taksali Singh its not right because it could lower the Jeevan of the Gursikh? Was just wondering if anyone else had the same Veechar
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login