ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Soul entering the womb

Posted by piyasi chatrik 
Soul entering the womb
March 24, 2011 12:26PM
When exactly does the soul enters the mothers womb according to Gurmat?

3HO's believe that it enters the mother womb in the 3rd month. Heard something similar from a kathakar once.

Chota veer
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Soul entering the womb
March 24, 2011 02:37PM
I always thought the atma entered from conception? Isin't that why Gursikhs oppose abortion regardless if it's still a zygote?
March 24, 2011 04:41PM
I guess this is why 3HO claim that its okay to kill a fetus if one is not ready to have a baby.
March 24, 2011 06:40PM
I've always believed and heard that there is life right conception. Also, I've seen a picture of a zygote at 9 weeks (2 months). At this point you can clearly see the eye socket, ears, nose, arms, legs. It's taken the form already, and continues to develop. So how can you say that the soul enters the womb at 3 months, when the form is created within 2 months? Either way, I believe that the soul is placed from the moment of conception.

And...what's "3HO"? confused smiley

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
March 24, 2011 06:53PM
dude come on man, this is one of the most conservative gurmat forum on the internet... no one here would ever beleive in half the marayda of 3HO. Why would even think about listening to thier vichaar on gurmat? most of thier teachings or messed up just look at thier views on abortion and homosexuality and amrit sanchars it is not inline with gurmat.

so getting back to your question, the soul must enter the fetus at the very beginning b/c without a soul there is nothing to power the body. also for your FYI when the baby is in the mothers stomach it has gian of it last 100 janams.
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕ ਜੀਉ,

ਆਤਮਾ ਓਸ ਵਖਤ ਹੀ ਪਰਵੇਸ਼ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਦ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਅੰਦਰ ਬੀਜ ਅੰਕੁਰ ਫੁੱਟ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਬੜੇ ਹੀ ਸਪੱਸ਼ਟ ਲਫਜ਼ਾ ਅੰਦਰ ਬਿਆਨ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ:

ਬਿੰਦੁ ਤੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਕੀਆ ਅਗਨਿ ਕੁੰਡ ਰਹਾਇਆ ॥
ਦਸ ਮਾਸ ਮਾਤਾ ਉਦਰਿ ਰਾਖਿਆ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਮਾਇਆ ॥੧॥
(ਪੰਨਾ 481)

ਹੁਣ ਇਸ ਉਪਰਲੇ ਗੁਰਵਾਕ ਤੋਂ ਸਾਫ਼ ਸਿੱਧ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਬਿੰਦ ਦੇ ਮੇਲ ਸਮੇਂ ਤੋਂ ਮਾਤਾ ਦੇ ਉਦਰ ਵਿਚ ਜੀਵ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਦਸ ਮਹੀਨਿਆ ਬਾਅਦ ਮਾਨਸ ਬਣ ਇਸ ਧਰਤੀ ਤੇ ਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਸੰਖੇਪ ਜਹੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਦੀ ਰੋਸ਼ਨੀ ਵਿਚ 3 ਮਹੀਨਿਆਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਮਨ ਘੜਤ ਹੀ ਜਾਪਦੀ ਹੈ ਸਚਾਈ ਨਹੀਂ। ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਇਸਤਰਾਂ ਮੰਨਣ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਬੱਚੇ ਦਾ ਜਨਮ ਫਿਰ 12 ਜਾਂ 13 ਮਹੀਨਿਆਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਮੰਨਣਾ ਪਵੇਗਾ ਨਾ ਕਿ 9 ਜਾਂ 10 ਮਹੀਲਿਆ ਬਾਦ। ਸੋ ਤਿੰਨ ਮਹੀਨਿਆਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਗੱਲ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਅਤੇ ਸਾਇੰਸ ਦੀ ਰੋਸ਼ਨੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਗਲਤ ਸਾਬਿਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ।

With Regards,
Daas
Everyday in our daily 5 Baani NitName, we read the following Panktis:

ਮਾਤਾ ਕੇ ਉਦਰ ਮਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲ ਕਰੇ ਸੋ ਕਿਉ ਮਨਹੁ ਵਿਸਾਰੀਐ ॥
ਮਨਹੁ ਕਿਉ ਵਿਸਾਰੀਐ ਏਵਡੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਜਿ ਅਗਨਿ ਮਹਿ ਆਹਾਰੁ ਪਹੁਚਾਵਏ ॥

If VaaheGuroo is the one who produces the fetus in the womb, and for those 9-10 months the baby, VaaheGuroo is the one providing the baby with food & oxygen, then does that not mean there is the soul already in the fetus? What more proof is there?

kaurs4
And...what's "3HO"?

3HO stands for Happy, Healthy, Holy organization, started by Harbhajan Singh 'Yogi' (Yogi Bhajan).
[www.3ho.org]
Dhanvaad, Bhai Jasjit Singh jee.

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login