ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Dasvandh for Personal Matters

Posted by JaspreetSingh 
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ॥
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥

Daas had a query in mind regarding using Dasvandh to fulfill personal needs. It is understandable that Dasvandh can only go for the cause of Khalsa Panth, as it is aforementioned in the following Hukam:

ਦਸਵੰਧ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਹਿ ਦੇਵਈ ਝੂਠ ਬੋਲ ਜੋ ਖਾਇ ॥
Those that do not take out Dasvandh for Guroo Sahib
ਕਹੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਕਛੁ ਨ ਬਿਸਾਹਿ ॥
Says Guru Gobind Singh ji to Bhai Nand Laal Singh ji, nothing remains of that person.

Therefore, giving Dasvandh for cause that would benefit Gursikhs, is the same as giving Dasvandh to Guroo ji. But this does not mean that using Dasvandh money to fund international or domestic Kirtanis is the same as giving Dasvandh to Guroo Sahib. No one is really benefiting with the presence of so and so special Kirtani, and no one is losing anything either with the absence of so and so Kirtanee. Hence, using Dasvandh to fund Kirtanis is downright manmat, and a violation of this Gurmat Principle.

Some time ago, a Gursikh on this forum stated that it is absolutely wrong to fund Kirtanis using Dasvandh, as it is a violation of the whole concept of Dasvandh. Dasvandh can only go towards Khalsa Panth, and funding Kirtanis from outside using Dasvandh is absolutely intolerable. However, keeping this same scope in thought, it can also be EASILY understood that using Dasvandh earned from your blood and sweat to pay for air tickets in order to attend Smagams elsewhere is also MANMAT. Some Gursikh Veer/Bhain stated here some time ago that it would be nice if Kirtanis used their own Dasvandh. Such statements are in total violation of the concept of Dasvandh in Sikhi. In the olden days, Dasvandh was used to benefit the Khalsa Panth, and in this way, Gursikhs greatly benefited from this.

So my question to all of you is, what are your thoughts on using own Dasvandh money to purchase air tickets in order to come to Smagams? Isn't it the same as stealing money out of Golak? What is that huge need that so and so Kirtani Singh-Singhni has to show up at so and so Smagam? Why is their presence so necessary? (not that they should not come.)

ਭੁੱਲਾਂ ਚੱਕਾਂ ਦੀ ਖ਼ਿਮਾਂ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ੋ ਜੀੳ!
ਦਾਸ,
ਜਸਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ॥
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥
JaspreetSingh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

Some time ago, a Gursikh on this forum stated that it is absolutely wrong to fund Kirtanis using Dasvandh,
Some Gursikh Veer/Bhain stated here some time ago that it would be nice if Kirtanis used their own Dasvandh.

Tha above statements are referring to remarks made on an old post on akj.org. Sorry for any confusion. Also, Please do share your thoughts. They would be very beneficial for all of us.
Dasvand is for the purpose of GurmatParchar.
Kirtan is thee highest form of Gurmat Parchar.
Using dasvand to do seva is not manmat, and strictly within the confines of Gurmat Maryada.

Rehatnameys say when a VidhVan parcharks comes from aboard sangat should
serve them and take care of all them expenses.
When Singhs like BHai Jeevan Singh Ji , Bhai Rama Singh Ji would go to international countries
we would never expect them to pay for their fare. If they did use their dasvand for travelling expense
how can we consider it as Manmat since they are doing a seva for the sangat?

I dont see why there has been some recent animosity towards
international kirtanis/parchirks lately? Kirtan is a seva and generally speaking it
should be performed by people who have a jeevan and inspire others to get into
Sikhi and raise their SIkhi up to higher levels. I dont see what the fuss is about
telling Singhs from other countries to come to bless sangat with their darshan.

The other day I was walking home and crossing a Catholic Church. I noticed that the
priest of this church whom was an Indian convert was provided with a nice car, a nice home on church grounds, and probably many other things as well. No wonder there are so many Christians. They have parchariks who spend their whole life in spreading the word of their faith. Yet we complain about spending money on traveling fairs.
Anonymous User
Re: Using Dasvandh for Personal Matters
March 13, 2011 11:03AM
Vaheguroo, regarding the above Veer jee, what if for example a Gursikh is requested to do Seva at a camp, are they able to use their own dasvand for transport e.g petrol money?
Dhan Guroo Nanak ji and Sukhdeep Singh, as stated above, Dasvandh only goes towards Panthic cause, in other words, all of Dasvandh is given to the Panth, and not spent for personal means, even if the purpose the person is spending their Dasvandh for would fund them in Parchaar, the fact remains, you are supporting yourself with that Dasvandh money. This money belongs to Guru ji. An individual should aim to use their pocket money, and not Dasvandh money, to buy air tickets, or do whatever. We can come up with a million excuses, such as, so and so Singh is poor, he needs help, its ok if he uses Dasvandh to support himself. The bottom line is NO! Doing so will only make situations worse. This thread has been started by me upon being requested by a fellow Gursikh, so we could see people's differing angles of perceptions regarding this tricky, yet simple, talk of Dasvandh. It is evident, that even after everything is explained to some individuals, they still do not agree.
Dhan Guroo Nanak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vaheguroo, regarding the above Veer jee, what if
> for example a Gursikh is requested to do Seva at a
> camp, are they able to use their own dasvand for
> transport e.g petrol money?

Petrol money is not so much compare to airplane tickets which can cost over 1,000 dollars at times.
If money is tight I see no harm in spending this money if you are traveling to do Gurmat Parchar.
because you are not supporting yourself when you are doing Gurmat Parchar; instead, you are supporting Guru Sahibs cause of Gurmat Naam.
. If you dont have enough means to buy petrol or airplane tickets when doing Parchaar then there is no harm in using dasvand. Dasavand should
not be calculated in the sense " I spent this much on petrol for parchaar, now all I have to give is this much" As mentioned
earlier Dasvand is not ours to give we should give whatever we have as extra. If this 50 percent then so be it if this is 5 percent then so be it. We can only give what Guru Sahib has given to us, and GUru Sahib knows our intention ( inner-heart)
WJKK WJKF

I agree with Sukhdeep singh and Jaspreet jee how do you know when you say "No one is really benefiting with the presence of so and so special Kirtani," -- do have some kind of dehhb dristi here - how can you know if the kaum or an individual is not benefitting from special kirtani???

are Kirtanis not part of the Khalsa panth???

stealing money from the golak -- funding a kirtan prograamee - how absurd , your view is totally warped and of your fellow gursikh.

also enlighten us what situations has been made worse with such dasvand seva in the last 50 years which included personalities such as Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee-- rehansbahi's and kirtan has only increased- Khalsa panth has only grown and continues to do so.
I think the main problem with using daswand for paying your own ticket to a smagam is that you are the one choosing to use it on yourself. Daswand belongs to the panth and it is up to the panth to decide where this should be used. If I use my daswand on paying the ticket of a financially poor gursikh to do parchaar, I think this would still meet the requirements of daswand. But if I take out my daswand and then buy myself a ticket to go to a smagam to do parchaar, is that not just hankaar in thinking that I am worthy of using the Khalsa Panth's money?
Here also comes the question, do we go to smagams to do parchaar or to get laha?

Who are we to consider ourselves parchaaraks?
The Only True Parchaarak I can think of is Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. If the parchaarak at the end of the day needs Gurbaani in order to preach, then shouldn't we ourselves instead dig into Gurbaani and learn for ourselves, rather than relying on third party individuals to teach us according to their views and experiences? Who knows how much they're telling us is Gurmat? Who knows what they would be hiding? Who knows what their Avasthaa is? Everyone, doesn't matter if they're big, small, fat, thin, slim, overweight, obese, old, young, etc.; all of them are to be "Nimaane" in Sangat, instead of considering themselves to have some status and demand respect.
Jaspreet Singh Jee,

I do not agree with your points. I do not think that you were able to fully understand what I was talking about so I will try to reiterate it below.

My question is not about whether others are parchaaraks or not, it is that as an individual, do I have the right to use Guroo Sahib's money on myself and call myself a parchaarak?

I think that it is not only acceptable, but in some cases necessary to fund certain gursikhs with daswand money to do parchaar. How would gursikhs like Bhai Jeevan Singh have done parchaar in countries like Canada, if they were not called by sangat to do parchaar?

But this does not mean that an individual can use their own daswand to fund themselves under the name of doing parchaar.
Preetam Singh

My question is not about whether others are parchaaraks or not, it is that as an individual, do I have the right to use Guroo Sahib's money on myself and call myself a parchaarak?

I think that it is not only acceptable, but in some cases necessary to fund certain gursikhs with daswand money to do parchaar. How would gursikhs like Bhai Jeevan Singh have done parchaar in countries like Canada, if they were not called by sangat to do parchaar?

But this does not mean that an individual can use their own daswand to fund themselves under the name of doing parchaar
There is no right or wrong for every thing.

1 Gurmukh that I know of is Bhai Rajinder SIngh Dudley, UK.(Chalda Vaheer Jatha)

He went to do parchar & amrit sanchars in those places where, sangat just had no idea about gursikhi. How will it cross the mind of people who have no idea about gursikhi to even call individuals like Bhai Jeevan Singh to their country/city?

Besides using his own daswand to fund the parchar mission, BHai Sahib also accepted the keertan payta he received. He never used that money for himself, as all where channeled back to fund their travels to remote places where sangat resided.Many AKJ "politicians" had 'things' to say about him.
At times when money ran out, Bhai Sahib would get loans from Bank to fund parchar mission. I know of 1 instance, where he took a loan of 10, 000 pounds from the bank .

If he didn't take up the seva then there would have been AKJ Amrit Sanchars giving keskee rehit would have never taken place in countries like Australia(before Bh. Amolak Singh even moved there), New Zealand, Malaysia , Singapore & various European countries .

Preetam Singh
do I have the right to use Guroo Sahib's money on myself and call myself a parchaarak?
One doesn't need to see oneself as a parcharak. Bhai Sahib Rajinder SIngh didn't see himself in such a away. He always saw himself as Guru Ka Sewak. He was a great Naam Abhiyaasi. Was never hungry for popularity or fame .

He took up the task of parchar after 1984 ghallughara. Its the duty of every rehitvaan gursikh to do Parchar of Naam.
>App Japoh, Avreh Naam Jepavoh< .

So tell me, was he wrong?

Chota veer
ns
Jaspreet jee how do you know when you say "No one is really benefiting with the presence of so and so special Kirtani," -- do have some kind of dehhb dristi here - how can you know if the kaum or an individual is not benefitting from special kirtani???

are Kirtanis not part of the Khalsa panth???

stealing money from the golak -- funding a kirtan prograamee - how absurd , your view is totally warped and of your fellow gursikh.

NS ji, this is where the problem lies. We start to give so and so Kirtani Singh-Singhni unnecessary status and attention. I am not saying that a Kirtani does not have Avasthaa, but to say it is 100% required for Bhai 123 Singh ji or Bibi 456 Kaur ji to show up at the so and so Smagam, or else the it is pointless to even plan the Smagams at all doesn't sound okay to me. We, as individuals, need to stop worshipping particular Kirtanis. I have have heard people say things like "oh, Bhai X Singh ji ripped it today at the Smagam, he did such nice Kirtan, Smagams are so nice because of Bhai X Singh ji, I'm only going to so and so Smagam if Bhai X Singh ji comes". Then what different is such behavior from idol worshipping?

The whole point of putting Golak at the Charan of Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is because Dasvandh belongs to Guroo Sahib only. It is wrong for a Kirtani to use Guroo Sahib's Dasvandh for their own purposes, doing so one gets Hankaar that my presence is absolutely needed at so and so Smagam, I need to go, therefore; I'll use Dasvandh.

No one is above Guroo Sahibs Bachan, and this applies to the most famous and respected Kirtani too. If Guroo Sahib has said:

ਦਸਵੰਧ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਹਿ ਦੇਵਈ ਝੂਠ ਬੋਲ ਜੋ ਖਾਇ ॥
ਕਹੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਕਛੁ ਨ ਬਿਸਾਹਿ ॥

Then that's it. Hukam is for all. One key term to ponder upon is:"ਦਸਵੰਧ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਹਿ ਦੇਵਈ", meaning Dasvandh can only be given to Guroo Sahib, and since Guroo Sahib has said:

Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khaas ll
Khalsa Meh Hau Karon Nivaas ll

Then this means Dasvandh should only go towards Khalsa Panth, since Guroo Sahibs ji abides in the Khalsa Panth. Guroo Sahib works through His Rehitvaan-ChardiKala GurSikhs. For someone to use Guroo Sahib's Dasvandh for their purpose totally goes against this whols Bachan of Hukam of Guroo Sahib. Agreed NS ji? I know what you are thinking now: "but, I know this Singh. He's really ChardiKala, everyone likes him, he's famous, he uses Dasvandh to pay for air ticket!"

Again it all boils down to an individual's level of understanding Guroo Sahib's Bachan. I wouldn't want to be in a state of dilemma of : :ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਕਛੁ ਨ ਬਿਸਾਹਿ ॥"

And explain who do you mean by "fellow GurSikh"?
Bhai Piyasi Chatrik Ji
One doesn't need to see oneself as a parcharak. Bhai Sahib Rajinder SIngh didn't see himself in such a away. He always saw himself as Guru Ka Sewak. He was a great Naam Abhiyaasi. Was never hungry for popularity or fame .

He took up the task of parchar after 1984 ghallughara. Its the duty of every rehitvaan gursikh to do Parchar of Naam.
>App Japoh, Avreh Naam Jepavoh< .

So tell me, was he wrong?

Chota veer,
~*Chatrik*~

Bhai Piyasi Chatrik Jio! Under certain circumstances, a resolution can be made that an individual needs to use Dasvandh to travel for parchaar purposes, however; such cases are very rare. Mostly, the individual has all the resources, and intently uses Dasvandh to pay for air ticket, and what not. Such behavior is unacceptable. What you have stated about Bhai Sahib Rajinder Singh Ji (Chalda Vaheer International), is a very rare case, he had to do this, or else there would have been no parchaar. We have to understand that this is not always the case. We can not use Bhai Sahib's example to justify using Dasvandh for personal uses/matters.

I hope I can get the point across.

Bhulan Chukan Di Khima Bakhshni!

VaheGuroo Ji KA KHalsa VaheGuroo Ji KI Fatheh!!
As Pyaas Chatrik has mentioned Gurmukhs like Bhai Rajinder Singh Ji were not given the support by the local Gurdwaras for his parchaik missions. Yes in the old days it was ideal to put dasvand in Golak and trust Panj REhatVan Gurmukhs to spend the vand where needed. But nowadays the golak is in control of Monay committee members who use to vand for non-Gurmat purposes. So what is in the harm of findings other means to use this vand to do Gurmat Parchaar.
WJKK WJKF

Jaspreet Singh Jeeo, you're making a meal of the most simple hukham given for daswandh by Guru Mahraj into a very complex and creating negativity.

first answer the question ::
in the past 50 years enlighten us with what situations have been made worse by your implications of kirtani's taking/using daswand for kirtan/parchar ???

From what I have learned so far Daswandh is
10% of one kamai towards Guru's Golak -- or a poor parvar - " remember Guru de golak greeb daa muuo"
10% of our time for naam simran , Gurbani e.g 2.5 hours
10% of our time for physical seva i.e. seva in the Guru ghar , langar seva etc.

one can extend the 10% to whatever possible - -but according to Gurbani teaching daswand is daswand of our "mental, physical, earnings" - -tun mun, dhun"

Now I for one have found it extremely difficult to do all three -- but on days i do them I feel as if i'm on cloud 9!!, any further views on daswandh y Gursikhs please rather than turning this thread into a negative , let's turn it into a positive.
Bhai NS Ji
10% of one kamai towards Guru's Golak -- or a poor parvar - " remember Guru de golak greeb daa muuo"

NS Jio! Our Father Shiri Guroo Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Mahaaraaj in Shiri 33 Sviye has very clearly said:

ਸਵ੍ਯੈਾ ॥
ਸੇਵ ਕਰੀ ਇਨਹੀ ਕੀ ਭਾਵਤ ਅਉਰ ਕੀ ਸੇਵ ਸੁਹਾਤ ਨ ਜੀ ਕੋ ॥
I only do Seva out of love for Sikhs, Seva of those that are not Sikh is tasteless to me.
ਦਾਨ ਦਯੋ ਇਨਹੀ ਕੋ ਭਲੋ ਅਰੁ ਆਨ ਕੋ ਦਾਨ ਨ ਲਾਗਤ ਨੀਕੋ ॥
Giving Daan to Sikhs only is nice, giving Daan to those other than Sikhs goes to waste.
ਆਗੈ ਫਲੈ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਕੋ ਦਯੋ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਜਸੁ ਅਉਰ ਦਯੋ ਸਭ ਫੀਕੋ ॥
Only reward the Sikhs in the future, rewarding those other than Sikhs is pointless.
ਮੋ ਗ੍ਰਹਿ ਮੈ ਤਨ ਤੇ ਮਨ ਤੇ ਸਿਰ ਲਉ ਧਨ ਹੈ ਸਭਹੀ ਇਨਹੀ ਕੋ ॥੬੪੫॥
My (Shiri Gobind Singh Ji) house, body, mind, head and wealth is only for the Sikhs.

So you can see from the above Shabad that giving Daan or Dasvandh to GurSikhs only is acceptable, we can't give it to just anyone. And again, we have to look at the factors surrounding the situation. Are those whom we regard as Sikhs in Rehit? Are they purely 100% into GurSikhi?
ns ji
10% of our time for physical seva i.e. seva in the Guru ghar , langar seva etc.

NS Jio!
The biggest an individual can do is Naam Japnaa, listening to Gurbaani, and living by the Shabad. This is whole reason we keep Rehit, it helps us in japping Naam. Naam alone can only kill Haumai, although it is often heard that physical seva makes one humble. But Guru Sahib says otherwise in Shiri Gurubaani:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਜਪਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਖੋਈ॥

Therefore, the biggest Seva is Naam Japnaa only. This is the One Hukam repeated over and over again in Shiri Gurbaani, using various methods and techniques to get this One Message across. Shiri Guru Arjun Dev Sahib Ji Mahaaraaj has very clearly emphasized on this in Shiri Sukhmani Sahib Ji:
ਨਉ ਖੰਡ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੀ ਫਿਰੈ ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵੈ ॥
ਮਹਾ ਉਦਾਸੁ ਤਪੀਸਰੁ ਥੀਵੈ ॥
ਅਗਨਿ ਮਾਹਿ ਹੋਮਤ ਪਰਾਨ ॥
ਕਨਿਕ ਅਸ੍ਵ ਹੈਵਰ ਭੂਮਿ ਦਾਨ ॥
ਨਿਉਲੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਰੈ ਬਹੁ ਆਸਨ ॥
ਜੈਨ ਮਾਰਗ ਸੰਜਮ ਅਤਿ ਸਾਧਨ ॥
ਨਿਮਖ ਨਿਮਖ ਕਰਿ ਸਰੀਰੁ ਕਟਾਵੈ ॥
ਤਉ ਭੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਜਾਵੈ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਸਮਸਰਿ ਕਛੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥੨॥
WJKK WJKF

Jaspreet jeeo, I be to differ beleive biggest is to do big in all 3 - mental , physical, from one's earnings- one without the other is useless -- all 3 are necessary without a shadow of a doubt. don't forget kirat karni , naam japnaa , vand shaknaa -- golden rules emphasis is on the 3.

you still haven't answered my question:

in the past 50 years enlighten us with what situations have been made worse by your implications of kirtani's taking/using daswand for kirtan/parchar ???
WJKK WJKF

Jaspreet jeeo, you have a valid point indeed by quoting Dasm pita Jee;s swayae the confusion in you're translation of it.
It talks of dasvand seva to Sikhs - by helping promote a smagam overseas with dasvand who are contributing to is it not Sikhs??
and don''t forget we cannot let go of pangtees from SGGS such as " vich dunyiaa sev kumayiaa taaa dargeee vassan pyaeee"
what is being implied here veero is just SIKHS or anyone on this planet..???

We have to have the complete picutre if u know what i mean not just narrow mindedly focus on one line or swayae and interpet everything according to that and in that particular context of what we are talking about.By doing so we will miss the rest of that "heavanly glory " that we
need to envision.
dasvand is10% of earnings. simple smiling smiley ...give it to needy people. Guru will be happy smiling smileysmiling smiley
ns

Daas was born in the year 1991; and blessed with Amrit Di Daat in April 2002. Therefore, I was not physically watching over everybody and observing what they do. Maybe you were, so please enlighten us here NS ji!

ns
don't forget kirat karni , naam japnaa , vand shaknaa -- golden rules emphasis is on the 3.
Please quote a GurBaani Pankti that supports what you are saying. Secondly, the matter of discussion is not about these known rules.

ns
and don''t forget we cannot let go of pangtees from SGGS such as " vich dunyiaa sev kumayiaa taaa dargeee vassan pyaeee"
what is being implied here veero is just SIKHS or anyone on this planet..???

The matter of discussion here is not Siri Dasam Granth or Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji; therefore, for me to quote a Shabad from Siri Gobind Singh Sahib Ji's Baani should not stir up a controversy about the authenticity of Siri Dasam Granth. I quoted this Shabad because I saw this Shabad to perfectly fit the topic being discussed here.

Carrying on; the Siri GurBaani Pankti which you quoted talks about Naam. Please look at the full Shabad first and think twice before purposely mistranslating a Pankti. Here is the full Shabad for your convenience:
ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੫ ॥
ਅਛਲ ਛਲਾਈ ਨਹ ਛਲੈ ਨਹ ਘਾਉ ਕਟਾਰਾ ਕਰਿ ਸਕੈ ॥
ਜਿਉ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਰਾਖੈ ਤਿਉ ਰਹੈ ਇਸੁ ਲੋਭੀ ਕਾ ਜੀਉ ਟਲ ਪਲੈ ॥੧॥
ਬਿਨੁ ਤੇਲ ਦੀਵਾ ਕਿਉ ਜਲੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਪੋਥੀ ਪੁਰਾਣ ਕਮਾਈਐ ॥ ਭਉ ਵਟੀ ਇਤੁ ਤਨਿ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
ਸਚੁ ਬੂਝਣੁ ਆਣਿ ਜਲਾਈਐ ॥੨॥
ਇਹੁ ਤੇਲੁ ਦੀਵਾ ਇਉ ਜਲੈ ॥
ਕਰਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤਉ ਮਿਲੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਇਤੁ ਤਨਿ ਲਾਗੈ ਬਾਣੀਆ ॥
ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੇਵ ਕਮਾਣੀਆ ॥
ਸਭ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਆਵਣ ਜਾਣੀਆ ॥੩॥
ਵਿਚਿ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਸੇਵ ਕਮਾਈਐ ॥
ਤਾ ਦਰਗਹ ਬੈਸਣੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਾਹ ਲੁਡਾਈਐ ॥੪॥੩੩॥

As it can be clearly seen, in order to reserve your seat in Dargaah, you have to do Sifat-Salaah; ie Japping Naam, of VaaheGuroo.

ਵਿਚਿ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਸੇਵ ਕਮਾਈਐ ॥ what Seva would that be? For what reason should we do this Seva?
ਤਾ ਦਰਗਹ ਬੈਸਣੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥ "Dargaah" meaning SachKhand Sahib here. In order to meet VaaheGuroo, we have to do intense Kamaai of Naam-Gurbaani.
If we follow this One Hukam (Japp Naam), other Gurmat qualities naturally flourish inside a GurSikh.
Cool please.
WJKK WJKF

Calm down - - Jaspreet jeeo - -that is your interpetation and opinion, and I have mine which has been mentioned-- WE AGREE to DISAGREE!
I don't need to quote sacred Gurbani- as interpetations vary - Sikh history is plentiful of Gursikhs who made great contributions of the ones I'm talking about as well as naam kamai.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.