ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dietary Bibek

Posted by kaur92 
Dietary Bibek
March 19, 2011 04:00PM
Sangat Ji,

If one is, with Maharaj's Kirpa, following dietary bibek rehat, can they share the raw ingredients such as milk/butter/sugar with non-amritdharis ie family members or university flatmates?

A thought going through my head at the moment is that there is not a guarantee that they will be succhaa.

Please can someone more knowledgeable than me give me some insight whether it is ok or not.

Thank you.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Dietary Bibek
March 19, 2011 09:31PM
vand key chaknaa = bandagi, stop making things difficult. Guru Nanak Dev ji had asked Guru Angad Dev ji prior to Guruship that he eat a murda, and they were about to do it, when the white kafan was lifted off the body was flowers.
March 20, 2011 12:07PM
yes kaur92 jio, it is alright to share raw ingredients, as long as those raw ingredients have not yet been cooked. Sharing raw flour, unboiled milk (store bought or brought from the dairy), sugar, salt, uncooked daal and other non cooked vegetables are ok to be shared. However, you should always to serve Langar to rest of the family members. smiling smiley
March 20, 2011 03:41PM
JaspreetSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes kaur92 jio, it is alright to share raw
> ingredients, as long as those raw ingredients have
> not yet been cooked. Sharing raw flour, unboiled
> milk (store bought or brought from the dairy),
> sugar, salt, uncooked daal and other non cooked
> vegetables are ok to be shared. However, you
> should always to serve Langar to rest of the
> family members. smiling smiley

Bhai Sahib, one more thing to add, is that store bought milk is massively altered in factories and should be avoided as much as possible. The only reason one should buy store bought milk is if there are no natural farms in ones area, if there is a farm near you where you can get milk straight from the cow then you should do so. Store bought milk is the absolute last resort, where there is no other choice, since one cannot live without milk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login