Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sarbloh question

Posted by Avnitkaur 
Sarbloh question
February 28, 2011 09:26AM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
guru pyari sadh sangat ji

i just recently started keeping bibek, and i had a few questions to ask to those who keep bibek, as for i was having a little trouble figuring out.

1. Where can i get sarbloh utensils from?, i heard of sacha sauda but not sure if they deliver to the US :/

2. How do u pack your food when you go to work, school, college etc?

3. What do you use to keep the rust from getting on the baatey while your not home to wash them before you eat?

those are my main questions as of now, i think i might have other questions in the coming time smiling smiley
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sarbloh question
February 28, 2011 06:34PM
1. Umm I got utensils from local sarblohis... You can order them from India from Hazzor sahib

2. I dont eat while I'm at school so I can't tell you what I do but I'm pretty sure the ideal thing would be to store it in a glass container, then when it is time to eat put it in sarbloh and enjoy !

3. This is nothing to worry about, sarbloh will not rust unless it is wet so all you have to do is make sure you dry of the bhandaa and utensils properly and there won't be any rust, as for what you use to clean it, a lot of people use citric acid to clean them although I noticed dishwasher detergents works really good to.

4.CONGRADULATIONS ON STARTING SARBLOH BIBEK smiling smiley

Bhul chuk maff

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
March 01, 2011 06:51AM
Vadhaaee to you, Avnit Kaur jeeo, for keeping Sarbloh Bibek. Keep up the good work!

1. Where can i get sarbloh utensils from?, i heard of sacha sauda but not sure if they deliver to the US :/

Contact your local Sangat. Yes Sacha Sauda too has some utensils.

I take to work Cookoos (Rolled Parshada with Sabzee in it) wrapped in cloth. Sometimes home-made pizza or bread too can be taken, wrapped in cloth.

3. What do you use to keep the rust from getting on the baatey while your not home to wash them before you eat?

After doing Sudhaaee of Baata (i.e. washing it) immediately dry it with a piece of cloth. If it is properly dried, then it does not rust.

Kulbir Singh
March 01, 2011 04:11PM
My bataa has really light grey coloured chareets on the bottom (where I had to scrub off rest) while the rest of the battaa is dark grey coloured. Are these light coloured areas a dangerous thing? or is it just un-oxidized iron?
March 01, 2011 04:14PM
Avnitkaur

Take fruit instead.
March 04, 2011 01:02PM
thank you everyone, that all helped alot smiling smiley
March 04, 2011 01:41PM
Bhenji you can get Sarab Loh batay from BC, Canada ( Khalsa School) which is not too far
from California.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login