ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Janam Divas Bhagat Ravidas Jee - Feb 18

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
May Guru Sahib di kirpa on us, and may we live life as mentioned in the various shabads by Bhagat Ravidas jee.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Dhan Bhagat Ravidaas Sahib jee!
What a great miracle of Vaheguru was Bhagat Ravidaas jee. He was born in a very poor family and his so called worldly caste was very low (Chamaar) but Vaheguru jee proved it through Bhagat jee's life that Naam is the greatest power. Bhagat jee was blessed with Naam and he reached such high spiritual state that the same Pundits and Brahmins who used to even avoid his shadow, started prostrating in front on him, with extreme respect:

ਜਾ ਕੇ ਕੁਟੰਬ ਕੇ ਢੇਢ ਸਭ ਢੋਰ ਢੋਵੰਤ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਅਜਹੁ ਬੰਨਾਰਸੀ ਆਸ ਪਾਸਾ ॥
ਆਚਾਰ ਸਹਿਤ ਬਿਪ੍ਰ ਕਰਹਿ ਡੰਡਉਤਿ ਤਿਨ ਤਨੈ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਦਾਸਾਨ ਦਾਸਾ ॥੩॥੨॥

(That Ravidaas, whose family can be seen doing work of carrying dead animals and leather even today around Banaras, Brahmins (ਬਿਪ੍ਰ ) prostrate (ਕਰਹਿ ਡੰਡਉਤਿ) before him with full respect (ਆਚਾਰ ਸਹਿਤ), because he (Ravidaas) became the servant of servants of Vaheguru).

Bhagat jee's Baani is extremely sweet. When he says "Keh Ravidaas Chamara", he pulls your heart out. Vaah! When Bhagat jee wrote "Aisi Laal Tujh bin Kaun Kare", God knows what spiritual state he was in but even today whenever this Shabad is sung, it takes everyone into Vismaad.

Guru Sahib is indeed merciful who embraced all, irrespective of their financial status, caste and race.

Kulbir Singh
Vaheguru.

Dhan Bhagat Ravidaas Jee
You are right Bhai Sahib jeeo. Here is another shabad that takes one into deepest vairaag.

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਭਗਤ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਕੀ
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ਹਮ ਸਰਿ ਦੀਨੁ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਨ ਤੁਮ ਸਰਿ ਅਬ ਪਤੀਆਰੁ ਕਿਆ ਕੀਜੈ ॥
ਬਚਨੀ ਤੋਰ ਮੋਰ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨੈ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਪੂਰਨੁ ਦੀਜੈ ॥੧॥
ਹਉ ਬਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਉ ਰਮਈਆ ਕਾਰਨੇ ॥
ਕਾਰਨ ਕਵਨ ਅਬੋਲ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਬਹੁਤ ਜਨਮ ਬਿਛੁਰੇ ਥੇ ਮਾਧਉ ਇਹੁ ਜਨਮੁ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੇ ਲੇਖੇ ॥
ਕਹਿ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਆਸ ਲਗਿ ਜੀਵਉ ਚਿਰ ਭਇਓ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ॥੨॥੧॥
I am just curious to know about the source of the birth date.
dhan guru kai piyaray
Bijla Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am just curious to know about the source of the
> birth date.

According to Gurmat Dai Pandhee which is [ublished by Baba Sevak Singh and the Sampadak of the Book is Sant Baba Harnam Singh Jee Rampur Khera, Bhagat Jee's Avtaar year is 1378 and there Pralok Gavan is in 1529 and they lived for 151 years.
Dhan Dhan Dhan Bhagat Ravidaas ji!
i meant published by Baba SEVA Singh not sevak singh
Today when in my car, I was listening to Indian radio shows which are mostly run by people of Sikh background. It really annoys me to see how they all call Bhagat Ravi Das Jee as Sri Guru Ravi Das Jee. Why do they do this? for those who believe in Satguru Nanak Dev Jee how can they think of any of the Bhagats as "SatGuru", this is blasphemy because the Bhagats have their own status within Sikhi which is a very high status, we bow our heads to their Bani and try to follow their example, but to see Sikhs calling one of the Bhagats as "Sri Satguru" always destroys my good mood.
nice to hear
This GURU status given to Bhagats also bothers me. What is most disturbing is that Akali leaders in Punjab also use the same terminology. They use it for Namdhari Babas also. They have departments /chairs in university with Guru suffixed to their names.

And when people of low castes celebrate birth day of Bhagat Ravidaas Ji, all alone and no body from main stream joins them; it is diappointing also. Those who join them agree with them to call him a Guru, to please them.
gsingh ji, I do not agree with bhagat ji living for 151 years. There are different views as to birth year of bhagat ji. Scholars do not agree with each other on the birth year and determining birth date seems very fetched idea. I wanted to know if there was any authentic source that was used. But anyways, celebrating a day in his memory is always good.
ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਮਰਜੀ cool smiley
gsingh
ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਮਰਜੀ

I believe the correct pronounciation is 'ਮਰਜ਼ੀ', and not 'ਮਰਜੀ', as the origin of the word is either of Arabic or Persian background.
Lol I dont care at all how words are spelt or pronounced and i dont care what the origins are this is called

ਮੇਰੀ ਮਰਜੀ

LOL
gsingh,

You have just made yourself seem like an illiterate person who has no respect for language. That does not seem like a quality of a Gursikh.

It is always very saddening when certain groups claim themselves as having the correct pronunciation of bani, but they have no knowledge of language, and they reek so much of hankaar that they can't listen to the advice given by other groups. At times they will disregard the correct pronunciation just for the reason that the other group does it that way.
Pathetic.
There seems to be unnecessary misunderstanding here. In Punjab, different parts have different dialects or way of pronouncing. The same word might be pronounced differently. There is no right or wrong for every situation.

ਮਰਜੀ is what we grew up using. We also called flowers as ਫੁਲ instead of ਫ਼ੁਲ .
ਦਰਵਾਜਾ instead of ਦਰਵਾਜ਼ਾ .

quarelling over such small differences is just uncalled for.

Chota veer
Preetam Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gsingh,
>
> You have just made yourself seem like an
> illiterate person who has no respect for language.
> That does not seem like a quality of a Gursikh.
>
> It is always very saddening when certain groups
> claim themselves as having the correct
> pronunciation of bani, but they have no knowledge
> of language, and they reek so much of hankaar that
> they can't listen to the advice given by other
> groups. At times they will disregard the correct
> pronunciation just for the reason that the other
> group does it that way.
> Pathetic.

Bhai Sahib I am sorry if I offended you but I hope you can tell in my post that I am OBVIOUSLY joking around. I wasn't even pronouncing bani, nor do I claim I know the correct pronunciation. It is the way I talk that I do not even add bindia when I talk, regardless if it is bani or not. There are a lot of people that do this. I know a Mata Jee from India and she uses no nasal sounds or no bindia, and all the people from her area do the same. It is a certain dialect. So I am not claiming to Know anything. All I was doing was having some fun with Jaspreet Singh.
Marji hovai jaan Marzi, whats the difference? its all good. Let us all behave like brothers with shardha and pyar towards one another.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login