ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I will return the Padam Shri to save the dignity of Dastaar – Bhai Nirmal Singh Hazoori ragi

Posted by JASJIT SINGH 
Turban Frisking
Nirmal Singh Khalsa to take up issue with Prez
Tribune News Service

Amritsar, February 16
Former Hazuri Ragi, Bhai Nirmal Singh Khalsa, who was forced to take off his turban at Milan Airport in Italy on January 21 as part of security measures there, said today that he would take up the matter with President Pratibha Patil and urge her to make efforts to restore the honour of turban.

Talking to The Tribune over the phone from Alwar, Khalsa said he had already brought the issue to the notice of PM Manmohan Singh. Narrating the turn of events of January 21, Khalsa said he, along with his two companions, was returning to India after participating in the birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Gobind Singh in Italy when the incident occurred. “After passing through metal detectors, we were told to accompany security officials to a separate room where we were asked to take off our turbans, to which we resisted. I explained to them the significance of turban for a Sikh, but they were adamant on their stand, stating that I will not be allowed to board the flight. Ultimately, we had to give in,” he said, adding that he drew attention of the SGPC chief towards the matter after his return to India. He lamented that he had visited 55 countries, but was never meted out such a treatment.
[www.tribuneindia.com]

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Really sad to see that Sikhs have to undergo this shameful treatment at airports. Shabash to Bhai Nirmal Singh Jee who is using his prominent position of Hazoori Raagi very wisely to raise awareness and protest against these mistreatments.
Khalsa Jee,

I think this new trouble for Sikhs should be resolved sooner than later. Community at large should consider this as priority. First they have taken our liberty on the name of security by not allowing Kirpaan during flight, now Dastaar then next will be Kashera, Kanga and kara. Imagine that saroop of Khalsa without all the Kakaars. Waheguru!

With Regards,
Daas
I think that if the Italians will not change this rule, then whenever any Italian national visits India they should be striped searched as a "security measure". Let us see how they like it then. But I don't expect the Indian government to take such a bold step for the Sikhs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login