ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pyaar

Posted by guptsingh123 
Pyaar
February 03, 2011 03:09PM
what can we do to increase our pyaar wid mahraj, i am not lucky enough to have sangats of gursikhs and dont get chance to do amritvela with them, my pyaar is not increasin ,insted even after tryin my best it is going down, what can i do to keep that level of pyaar and constant concentration withou having sangat yh readin baani helps bu i want something to boost me and give that 'nasha' of guru ji, i spend 6 hours of my day in school and it realy does give me some times negative effect such as my concntration goes dwn, i know that we cant blame anyone else for this its my own karam bu i cant even avoid its something i have to face evryday there is no other option, please help because it is makin me lazy cant get up for amrit vela even after sleepin early, readin baani wid gurudi kirpa bu i still miss amritvela.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Pyaar
February 03, 2011 04:06PM
guptsingh123,

I'm also at school, and know exactly what your going through, lets deal with your issues one at a time.

school is maya at one of its peaks. Being surrounded by youth all intoxicated by kaam, one can really feel the effect it has on ones abhiyaas during school time. The best thing to do in these situations is to remain detached. Of course peers might say 'he's unsociable' but trust me, concentration will not decrease as you reduce the amount you listen to wasted breath spent on talking about kureiths and other such nonsense.

I also am unfortunate in that I cannot do amritvela with gursikhs, I reckon its a chance to develop our jeevan first then experience the laha of amritvela with sangat. Pyaar with Guroo sahib increases with abhiyaas. so the question is how do we do more abhiyaas?

Read more bani, maybe in your time after school you could engage in a sehaj part?
Not only does your maan move away from school issues, gurbaani will penetrate your maan inspiring you to do abhiyaas. Gurbani is the key to concentration, the more you read properly (trying to understand what Guroo sahib is trying to say) the more your concentration will increase.

Veerji, amritvela is a gift blessed by Guroo sahib. you should do ardaas and ask to be blessed with this gift. I know the disappointed of sleeping early and then not waking, but Guroo kirpa, your amritvela will get back to normal. Listen to kirtan as much as possible in school. Do abhiyaas in surtee and get on with school work instead of wasting time listening to rubbish.

Hope this helped. i'm a hardcore moorakh so forgive me if i've made gultia or offended you.

Take care jio, best of luck.

Waheguroojikakhalsawaheguroojikifatehh ji
February 03, 2011 06:31PM
ya do ardas. leave kirtan or simran running in your room all day and all night. turn it to low volume, download purtan kirtan and listen to it...... get a muscial instrument and sing to God! Guru Sahib is always there, just cos you can't see him, doesn't mean He isn't present. He's there right behind you, and if you fall, He's gonna catch you.....
February 04, 2011 06:43AM
Wahegurooo...

Dont forget to love youself, its only then you can start to have pyaar with baani and sangaat and Guruji.
What leafy and gupt singho said is very good advice too, since they have been through it themselves.
Try and take a different approach maybe, when i was in school i was surrounded by all sorts, we all know how things are very different in school – yes maya is at its high peak here. Try and take some of the negativity from school and look at it as a challenge, I found that when I started to use these things being around people that went gursikhs made me stronger in my own thinking, at first people thought what an odd character, but holli holli even they realised what I was doing was to benefit me spiritually. Take the negative stuff and turn it to positive, takes practise doing it, when u grasp it you can use with almost anything like this, and you feel yourself having a lot of pyaar for guruji and with yourself and also with your jeevan. On top of this do what gupt singho and leafy said too, don’t give up, it may take time.

Good Luck, hope you stay strong !! grinning smiley

Gupt singhni
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login