ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jatha Logo

Posted by Gupt_Singh 
Jatha Logo
January 28, 2011 01:28PM
I have recently found out that, Singh’s in the UK are planning to design a Jatha Logo.
What is the sangat view on this?

They believe it’s a good idea for jatha to have one, as every jathebandi has one, but wouldn’t this touch the matter ekta !! People could argue by creating this logo a definite division has been made.

Please express you views...
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Jatha Logo
January 28, 2011 02:48PM
If you look at old books of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, there does seem to be a Logo on there, with the Pankiti - Iko Jap Iko Salaah.

Kulbir Singh
January 28, 2011 06:23PM
Reviving the logo mentioned by Bhai Kulbir Singh sounds like an interesting idea.
January 28, 2011 07:01PM
Khalsa Jio,

Waheguru JI Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Daas has little different thought by not in favor of any logo. Akhand Kirtani Jatha since past 110 years does great seva of Panth with logo of Nishkaam Kirtan seva, strict Rehat Rehini and when needed by shaheedis. If new generation can maintain that then what else logo is required. If anything needed to revive at Jatha level is to bring back the institution of Panj as ordained by Dasam Patshah when They send Baba Banda Singh Bahadur to Panjab. Until unless that one is revived no chardi kala will come back to Khalsa Panth. This is also a bachan of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee that no jathebandi will survive for long they come and go. Look at our history Bhai Sahib's bachans are true. I think better to stay humble in service of Khalsa Panth with low profile as much as possible. These logo things are just shoshas for few days.

With Regards,
Daas
January 28, 2011 07:02PM
Gurfateh Jee,

Dass has got the orignal logo redesigned which i found in bhai randhir singh jees letter in bhai jodh singhs pustak.... you can have a look at it on my flickr page: [www.flickr.com]

please leave feedback!

Gurfateh Jee
January 28, 2011 07:04PM
Bhai sahib bhai kulbir singh jee; the Iko Jap Iko Salaah logo is the logo for bhai sahibs trust in ludhiana!
January 28, 2011 10:17PM
I agree with Bh. Jasjit Singh jee.. what's the point in a logo? Where would Singhs have a need of printing it? AKJ Bulletin? or on Master Jaswant Singh jee's Gutkay? Jathaa's biggest advertisement and identity are Naam-Baani kamaaun vaale Singhs and Bibian.

I really hope Jathaa never puts a logo on Gutkay or any compilation of Gurbani. The first time I saw logos on Gutkay and Saincheeyaan was at a Gurdwara Sahib influenced by Taksal and I found it very disturbing to see "branded" Gutkay.. (i'm aware SGPC does it too, so to my Taksali brothers.. take no offense!)
January 29, 2011 03:50AM
We don't need any logo. Excellent post Bhai Jasjit Singh Ji.
January 29, 2011 04:52AM
"WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE" IN MY POINT OF VIEW AKJ ARE NOT KHALSA PANTH IT IS A PART OF KHALSA PANTH AND GURU SAHIB GAVE AGREAT LOGO THAT "KHANDA" SO ITHINK THERE WAS NOT ANY NEED SEPRATE LOGO BHUL CHUK MUAF DASS
January 29, 2011 06:00AM
Vaheguru JI Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Agree with Jasjit Singh and co. A Jatha 'logo' is not on the list of priorities at the moment. As veer 'harsh singh' says:

harsh singh
GURU SAHIB GAVE AGREAT LOGO THAT "KHANDA"
January 29, 2011 07:25AM
Also, logo is a very commercial term. It seems like the main purpose it would serve would be to put on t-shirts confused smiley the way so many Sikh youth groups do today... and why would we want to promote that when one could wear bana!!
January 29, 2011 08:01AM
I agree with Bhai Jasjit Singh ji and others. There is no need for the Jatha to have a logo representing it. The Jatha is represented in the Panth already and having a logo will not do anything for it's Chardikala. Instead, the Jatha should continue to read Bhai Sahib's books and implement the old ways of the Jatha again.

The logo will only be add to the "youth gang" culture around everywhere today and end up on T-Shirts etc.
January 29, 2011 09:10AM
The logo is going to be used on the posters and letters/documents or the advertising on the sikh channels in UK! The trust logo of Iko Jap Iko salah is already printed on amrit keertans & bhai sahibs books. i dont really see the big issue to be honest with you!
January 29, 2011 10:50AM
I was amazed by Bhai Harsh Singh Jee's post. This is so true.

Bhai Sahib Trust in Ludhiana is an institution that publishes and sells books (among other things), so obviously it is appropriate for them to have a logo just like all companies and publishing houses have.

AKJ is part of Khalsa Panth. Khalsa Panth already has best logo of:

Bhai Maha Singh Jee, that logo you have shared with us does not look nice, please abandon these plans.

If anything at all is even required on posters, ads etc just have a Khanda on it, then write AKJ separately on it. Everyone will get the message, as they already have been for last how ever many years.
January 29, 2011 12:06PM
master jaswant singh jee's gutka sahib contains the exact same khanda posted by veer Jaskirat Singh jee.

MahaSengh, of course we arn't discouraging you or any others for the design of the logo, and you're right, it is not a big deal.

But the fact remains, that there are bigger matters to be solved today than designing logos.

Also, the opinion of the sangat was asked and majority has refused. Daas would like to support the same.
January 29, 2011 03:40PM
The logo that was designed was not created by AKJ UK; i got it designed after seening it in bhai sahibs letter in bhai jodh singhs pustak, and i have suggested it to the akj uk if they want to use it after it was made, now that's up to them to use it or not... so yes i got it redesigned exactly the same but just a little bit touched up! and yes your right akj is under the khalsa panth so yeah we are using a khanda, not like we are using bhai sahibs image as a logo or something and yes we have put akj under the khanda seprately as u said too! and also the khanda image that jaskirat singh posted was designed by some one too smiling smiley
January 29, 2011 04:43PM
I don't think that the Jatha should have a logo. As mentioned before, this will make others think that a division has been made. This comes back to the point of Ekta. The panth should be ONE as a whole, not divided into different "groups."
Like sk bhenji mentioned, it's only going to end up on t-shirts, adding to the "youth groups" out there already.

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
January 29, 2011 06:42PM
I agree with people who are opposed to mindless groupism but I also think reviving the logo used by Bhai Sahib might serve as a connection/link between today's youth and the old time Jathaa. Most AKJ youth nowadays don't know much about Bhai Sahib and other Gursikhs from that time. They're more interested in the celebrity culture surrounding keertanees.
January 30, 2011 02:28AM
Bhai Sahib Ji, how is a logo going to connect us to Puratan times?

Doing veechara with senior gursikhs would connect with puratan times, keeping rehit behit would and www.gurmatbibek.com connect us with Puratan times, not logos.
January 30, 2011 08:22AM
no need for logo. we have been given bana by Guru Sahib, that identifies us as Sikhs/Khalsa, how can a logo be a better idea?
January 31, 2011 08:33AM
As Japnaam Singh Veer ji says, "reviving the logo used by Bhai Sahib", is it so? Did Veer Ji means Logo used by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji or the Trust named after Bhai Sahib Ji ? confused smiley
February 01, 2011 03:17PM
Gurfateh Ji,

Guru Ji has given the best 'Logo'...the khandha...that is the Khalsa Panth logo, if AKJ create a logo to represent us, I think we are just going to open doors for people to name and shame Jatha!

Were not showing Ekta? its just another way to separatee us even more from everyone else.
We should concentrate more on doing more kaami and doing more seva to represent Jatha - this would be more beneficial then just a 'Logo' if you want to represent Jatha, what better way in starting to act like a true Jatha singh/singhni first, there wouldnt be a need for a logo in the first place if this was the case. We shouldn't need a logo, Jatha should be represented with us!! Not a image.

So many people already think AKJ, Taksaal, ect ect are just as bad as the caste system, why give more of an excuses to people to think this??
If I said anything wrong please forgive me,

Gupt singhni
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login