ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Burning karma

Posted by Uttam Singh 
Burning karma
January 30, 2011 05:11PM
Can karma be burned by Gurbani, or only by naam?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Burning karma
January 30, 2011 05:15PM
are u serious?

there is no difference between naam and gurbani....what makes you think there are two different things?
January 30, 2011 08:11PM
The underlying material or substance for both Naam and Gurbani is same but using this argument, one cannot just do only one of these and not do the other. Some Gursikhs only do Gurbani Paath and ignore doing Naam Abhyaas thinking that Naam and Gurbani are same. They are mistaken. Both Naam and Gurbani are to be done in order to reach a high spiritual state, required to have Darshan of Vaheguru jee. More Gurbani we listen to, more Naam we can Japp.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has written that ones who do extensive Gurbani Paath but still don't realize that Naam too has to be Japped, have not yet received the full fruit of Gurbani Paath. Bhai Sahib goes on writing that a day will come, if not in this life, then in the next one, when their Gurbani Kamaaee will result in them doing equal amount of Naam Abhyaas as well. But Naam and Gurbani, both need to be chanted in order to reach the perfect spiritual state of realizing Vaheguru jee.

Kulbir Singh
January 31, 2011 02:16PM
In my opinion, like bhai kulbir singh jeeo has said they are both of the same substance but I do think that there is a difference in the purpose of both and perhaps the effects of both.

Bhai sahib kulbir singh jeeo, I'm not saying to only do one or the other in terms of life, however I was interested to know if, for example, one wanted to try to burn some specific karma felt to be a block in this life would jaap of bani be able to do this or is burning of such karam only possible through naam jap? There is no doubt that without reading Gurbani one cannot jap naam/it would be near impossible to do so.
January 31, 2011 02:47PM
There is no doubt that by listening and hearing Gurbani Paath one can burn one's bad Karma and receive Khushi of Vaheguru and this way fulfill any unfulfilled tasks.

If Naam Abhyaas has been called Paarjaat, then singing of Gurbani too has been called Kaamdhen. So, either of them will fulfill one's wishes and burn bad Karma.

Dhan Gurbani!

I can't ever forget Late Subedar Baghel Singh jee's Bachan about Gurbani, in his typical Paindoo accent:

ਓਇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਤਾਂ ਸਾਡੀ ਮਾਂ ਐ ਮਾਂ। ਇਹਦੀ ਗੋਦ ਵਿਚ ਬੈਠ ਕੇ ਆਪਾਂ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣਾ ਐ।

So Bhai, Gurbani dee Mehma Agam hai. Gurbani Meethi Amrit dhaar hai. Koi Shaq nahi, ke ih sabh ichh pujaavanhaar hai.

Kulbir Singh
January 31, 2011 04:24PM
Vaheguroo Vaheguroo

Thank you jeeo, thats answered my question. Beautiful quote. Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login