ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sikh boy's hair cut off in Malaysia

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
[www.youtube.com]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Do you guys think he would have to pesh for this? This was not intended. I know after operations you need to pesh if kesh is removed however that is intentional. You chose to get operation done and it required removal of kesh on in this case, this person wasn't even aware of what is happening.
Ofcourse. A peshi is required regardless if it was intended or not. Even in situations where beadbi of Kesh is done that was out of self control requires a peshi. Ofcourse, Punj Piare will take the situation into consideration and in the case of this Veer, he will not be treated as a bujjhar kurethi by intent. Such a case will still require full Amrit again.
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

"Of course. A peshi is required regardless if it was intended or not."

Interesting:

The undermentioned four transgressions (tabooed practices) must be avoided

1. Dishonouring the hair;
2. Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way;
3. Cohabiting with a person other than one's spouse;
4. Using tobacco.

In the event of the commission of any of these transgressions, the transgressor must get baptised again. If a transgression is committed unintentionally and unknowingly, the transgressor shall not be liable to punishment.

Panthic Maryada, as printed by the SGPC: [sgpc.net]

If the above views by Amritvela Ji were to be considered, a lot of Peshis must have happened in Guru Sahib's time after wars.
ms514
the transgressor shall not be liable to punishment

Bhai Sahib jee, that is referring to punishment of tankhaa i.e. intentional Bujar Kurehitis who pesh in front of Panj Pyare receive fitting punishment. It is not saying that one does not need "baptising" again regardless of intended or not.

In this case the bhujangi has not done it on purpose and did not commit himself, but he still must re-take Amrit, and like Amritvela jee has posted above he would not be treated like intentional bujjar kurehiti by Panj Pyare and therefore would not be given any punishment, but he surely must re-take Amrit.

In the same way, to give a horrific example, if someone was raped, they would still of course always need to re-take full Amrit, but would not be treated as intentional bujjar kurehiti and therefore not be given any punishment by Panj Pyare.

I hope this clarifies, and rest the Gursikhs can comment on
What if your kesh breaks mistakenly by getting stuck in the bathroom door after you have just washed it?
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Perhaps someone can provide a Puraatan sakhi from Guru Sahib's time to confirm or deny this scenario. It would help immensely to provide clarification, as the issue is basically one of intent vs. physical occurrence.

Otherwise, we could go back and forth on both sides of the discussion (i.e. discussing the meaning of the word dishonor in terms of intent vs. action).
There is a sakhi related to this from Dasmesh Pita jee's times, which many might dispose off as a false story. This Singh was kidnapped by Muslims, his hair was cut, he was circumsized and forcibly married to a Muslim bibi. I am not sure if he was forced to eat halal meat as well. Somehow he managed to escape. When he came back to Gurujee he wept and told what had happened. In Gurujee's darbar only Amritdharis were allowed to do Langar seva. Gurujee asked him if he had physical relationship with the Bibi, to which he said no. Gurujee smiled and asked him to go do Langar seva as he was still His Sikh.

Hang on, don't grab my neck yet. I just typed what I read long ago. I am not saying that its true or false, just posted it as ms514 veerjee asked about a puratan sakhi source. This is the only one that came to mind.
I have also heard similar Sakhi to the one Bhai Mehtab Singh Jee has shared with us, it is from a book called "Episodes from lives of the Gurus" which is a translation of Parchian Sevadas by Karak Singh and Gurtej Singh, available to read here:

EPISODES FROM LIVES OF THE GURUS, p. 34

ANOTHER STORY FOLLOWS
Episode No. 20 CONVERSION IS VOLUNTARY

One day when the Guru was presiding over the sangat, a man came crying,

"The Turks (Muslims) have converted me to their religion."
"How could they convert you to the religion of Turks?" asked the Guru.
"O True King, they have circumcised me."
"One does not become a Turk by circumcision alone. What else have they done to you?"
"They have forced beef into my mouth."
"This also does not convert you to Islam. What else did they do?"
"O True Emperor, they forced me to recite their kalima."
"By reciting the kalima also one does not become a Muslim. Anything else they did?".
"No," replied the man.
"You have not been converted. Go and relax," said the Guru.

At this a Sikh from the congregation asked, "O True Emperor, pray tell us how one is converted to Islam?" "It is only when one willingly indulges in sex with a Muslim woman that one gets converted, and not otherwise," said the Guru. (20)

I personally am not sure on this one, but have posted it for reference purposes
Interesting post, Jaskirat Singh jeeo.

Out of all the incidents that the Singh narrated to Guru Sahib, surely if one would read Kalma, one would convert to Islam. By reading Kalma, you affirm that you believe in Allah and Mohammad being his Rasool. For us, Guru is everything and reading Kalma is, in a way, giving Bedaava to Guru Sahib i.e. disowning Guru Sahib as your Guru.

Also, committing adultery with any woman (not only Muslim one) would cause one to lose status as a Sikh of Guru. Furthermore, eating beef (or any meat), consuming tobacco etc. voluntary would cause one to lose status as a Sikh of Guru Sahib.

This unfortunate person whose hair were forcefully cut, would not lose his status of being a Sikh because he did not voluntary cut his hair. One loses one's Sikhi if one's heart becomes Bemukh or if one voluntary and willingly commits a Bajjar Kurehit. None of this happened in this case, therefore, he is still a Sikh.

Having said that, one should present oneself before the Punj Pyare and do as they wish.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login