ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

divaya dristi?

Posted by Leafy 
divaya dristi?
January 09, 2011 09:41PM
In anand sahib, guru sahib says 'satguru mileai dib drist hoye', what does dib drist mean? I searched on the net about divaya dristi and it said it's being able to see the future in the present. Does this happen with gursikhs who do a lot of path and simran in real life?

Like from what I know, I have seen mahabharat and in the story of it, Sanjay, the blind king dritrashtra's (durodhans dad) chariot driver was given divaya dristi by lord krishna so that he could see the kurukshetra war from sitting in the palace and narrate the happenings on the battlefield to the blind king.

Is this the same kind of dib drishti guru sahib is talking about in anand sahib?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: divaya dristi?
January 10, 2011 08:05AM
Yes, the kind of Divya Drishtee that Sanjay of Mahabharata had is held by Gursikhs too, when they reach high states of spirituality. In Ranglay Sajjan, there are mentions of instances whereby Gursikhs experienced these powers. But as per Gurbani, such mystical and super-sensory powers are much inferior to the true Gurmat spirituality that involves Darshan of Vaheguru and Anand of Naam Prakash.

A Gursikh should not do Paath and Simran to attain these Ridhi-Sidhis and should work towards one aim of attaining Vaheguru jee's Darshan.

Kulbir Singh
January 11, 2011 12:46AM
also, a gursikh who gets these powers shouldn't show them off or use them for profit of any kind. that never ends well...
January 12, 2011 11:32AM
When you jaap naam you get divia drishti.
With Divia drishti you can see the future.

Daas,
Khalsaji.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login