ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Few Questions Regarding Gurbani

Posted by Upkaar Singh 
Vaheguroo Jeeo,

These questions have been pondering daas for a while, but I never got around to posting them up.

Vaheguroo

First off:

1. Jaap Sahib Manglacharan

Jeeo, I have noticed that some gutka sahibs say "ik oankaar sat gur parsaad"
some gutka sahibs says "ik oankaar shree vaheguroojeekeefatheh
some gutka sahibs says "ik oankaar satgur parsaad shree vaheguroo jee kee fatheh"

which is the right one ? and why the variations ?

2. secondly, in the dasam bani manglacharan "shree vaheguroo jee kee fatheh", is the "shree" from the original form of this manglacharan or a recent innovation ? Because many singhs read it simply as "Ik oankaar vaheguroo jee kee fatheh"

3. The Banee commonly referred to as Shree Oankaar on this forum, is know even more commonly elsewhere as Shree Dakhnee Oankaar Sahib. Dakhnee means south if I am not wrong. Why is it called Dakhnee Oankaar by some and simply Shree Oankaar by others ?

please help with the asked queries. the mind is always curious.

VahegurooJeeKaaKhalsaa VahegurooJeeKeeFatheh
Daas
Upkaar Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
from what i'v seen i think

ik oankaar satgur parsaad sree vaahiguroo jee kee fateh is the most common, or
ik oankaar satgur parsaad vaahiguroo jee kee fateh

Iv never seen just ik oankaar satgur parsaad

At the end its just praise of akaal purakh and the more praise that is done the better so I think this one should be used
ik oankaar satgur parsaad sree vaahiguroo jee kee fateh

as one akaal puraakh who is realized through guru jee's kirpa, and this vaahiguroo is shromni(sree) and is always victorios
Good questions, Upkaar Singh jeeo. Any query or question that prompts others to delve into Gurbani is a good question.

1. Jaap Sahib Manglacharan
Jeeo, I have noticed that some gutka sahibs say "ik oankaar sat gur parsaad"
some gutka sahibs says "ik oankaar shree vaheguroojeekeefatheh
some gutka sahibs says "ik oankaar satgur parsaad shree vaheguroo jee kee fatheh"
which is the right one ? and why the variations ?

I am not sure which version is the authentic one. It would require some khoj of old Gutkas and handwritten texts. This Daas does Siri Jaap Sahib the third way, listed above.

2. secondly, in the dasam bani manglacharan "shree vaheguroo jee kee fatheh", is the "shree" from the original form of this manglacharan or a recent innovation ? Because many singhs read it simply as "Ik oankaar vaheguroo jee kee fatheh"

More research is required in this field.

3. The Banee commonly referred to as Shree Oankaar on this forum, is know even more commonly elsewhere as Shree Dakhnee Oankaar Sahib. Dakhnee means south if I am not wrong. Why is it called Dakhnee Oankaar by some and simply Shree Oankaar by others ?

The word "Dakhni" is actually part of the Raag name. The Raag is Ramkali Dakhni, just as there is Gauri Poorbi (Poorbi means Eastern) etc. Same way Dakhni means Southern (not South). The name of the Baani is "Oankaar" and not "Dakhni Oankaar" but this name has become famous in Gursikhs, so it probably is not wrong. This is like "Sohila Sahib" is famously known as "Kirtan Sohila" in Sikhi Mandal and it is just fine to address it this way.

Kulbir Singh
Vaheguroo

Thanks For The Replies.

Definitely a field requiring deeper research and intellect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login