Advanced

guru's arrow

Posted by vivek 
guru's arrow
December 11, 2010 03:58AM
Please discuss the arrow described below:

kbIr gUMgw hUAw bwvrw bhrw hUAw kwn ]
kabeer goo(n)gaa hooaa baavaraa beharaa hooaa kaan ||
Kabeer, I have become mute, insane and deaf.

pwvhu qy ipMgul BieAw mwirAw siqgur bwn ]193]
paavahu thae pi(n)gul bhaeiaa maariaa sathigur baan ||193||
I am crippled - the True Guru has pierced me with His Arrow. ||193||
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: guru's arrow
December 11, 2010 06:45AM
The following is only my worthless opinion and can be wrong, so please someone correct me.

This makes me think of tranquilizer or a stun gun that make one disabled for a bit. However, Guru Sahib's Shabad, i.e. Gurbani, the updesh of Gurbani is such a thunderbolt that it pretty much cripples one's vikaars permanently. This is what probably Bhagat Kabeer Jee means. The hit of Guru Sahib's Shabad is so massive, he feels "mute", "insane", deaf".

He feels mute because he has nothing left to say (Punjabi phrase - bolti band hogi).ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਬਨੀ ਅਤਿ ਮੀਠੀ ਜਿਉ ਗੂੰਗਾ ਗਟਕ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੇ ॥ The sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is so very sweet; like the mute, I taste its sweetness, but I cannot describe it at all.

He feels insane, because for the world anyone drowned in Vaheguru's Love is crazy. ਹਰਿ ਗੁਨ ਕਥਤ ਸੁਨਤ ਬਉਰਾਨੋ ॥ I have gone insane, chanting and hearing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

By deaf he probably means that since Guru Sahib's Shabad has hit, nothing else said/heard will have any effect, as now nothing else will work. ਹੇ ਜਿਹਵੇ ਤੂੰ ਰਾਮ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਉ ॥ ਨਿਮਖ ਨਿਮਖ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਉ ॥ ਆਨ ਨ ਸੁਨੀਐ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਜਾਈਐ ॥ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਪਾਈਐ ॥ O tongue, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Each and every moment, meditate on the Lord, Har, Har, Har. Do not listen to any other, and do not go anywhere else. By great good fortune, you shall find the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

Please forgive and correct mistakes
December 11, 2010 08:45AM
Well said Veer Mehtab Singh jeeo.

The arrow mentioned in this Salok is the arrow of "Har Prem Baani" i.e. the Shabad of Guru. The one who gets hit by this arrow becomes deaf towards Maya i.e. does not hear the demands of Maya. He becomes dumb or Goonga towards Maya and no longer seeks pleasures of Maya. He becomes handicap from feet, towards Maya and no longer his feet carry him to the venues where Maya is served. Of course such a person who becomes dumb, deaf and handicap towards Maya is regarded as a mad person, by this world.

The fortunate ones who are hit by this arrow of Guru Sahib loving-filled-Baani are the only alive people in this world. The rest are sleeping in the intoxication of Maya.

Kulbir Singh
December 11, 2010 04:33PM
myrY min pRymu lgo hir qIr ]
maerai man praem lago har theer ||
My mind is pierced through by the arrow of the Lord's Love.

From my very limited knowledge i was thinkin maybe maharaj has pierced us with his love and made us blind, deaf from maya.
forgive my mistakes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login