ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hazoori Gursikhs Da Pehar

Posted by Vista 
Hazoori Gursikhs Da Pehar
November 22, 2010 07:57AM
Recently we went to get darshan of Hazoor Sahib and there is a Gurdwara run by Buddha Dal (Nihung Singhs), called Mata Sundri daa Gurdwara. This gurdwara was founded by great Mahapurakh, Brahm-bethaa – Baba Mitt Singh jee. They keep strict pehraa of Sarbloh and Bibek there. Two kinds of langars are prepared there (originally there was only one kind) currently and one of them is Sarbloh Langar. The sewadaars who do sewa in Sarbloh Langar have absolutely magnificent jeevans. We met those 5 Singhs who are in-charge of the Sarbloh Langar and found out the following from them:

1) They always get up at midnight and are never late in getting up.

2) They do paath, which includes at least nitnem plus Siri Sukhmani Sahib, Siri Asa kee Vaar, Siri Akal Ustat, Chandi kee Vaar and one more baani, I can’t remember now.

3) The sewadaars consider only 4 kakaars and don’t consider kesh as kakaar, since they are part of the body anyway.

4) They never separate keski from their body and if it gets separated, they get pesh for that.

5) They never eat from non-sarblohi and bibeki.

6) Mostly they eat food cooked by them alone.

They had a glow on their face. One Singh was so pyaara that I cannot describe his beauty that descended on his face due to his rehit.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Hazoori Gursikhs Da Pehar
November 22, 2010 12:40PM
smiling smileyVaheguro, sounds like an amazing place. They must be avid supporters of laridhar saroop as well! Its always refreshing to hear people outside the Jatha following similar rehit, and as for getting pesh for letting the Keski seperate from the body, i've never heard this anywhere else. Although they may not agree that its a kakkar, in the end of the day, theres no harm in never letting it leave your body, and these Singhs are essentially treating it as a kakkar at the end of the day. Hopefully dass gets the oppurtunity to visit this gurduwara.
November 22, 2010 05:07PM
VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa! VaahegurooJeeKeeFateh!

Vista Jee, sounds like a great experience. So much positive to focus on.... but my chanchal man draws me away. So just out of curiosity, do these Singhs (or the Gurdwara in general) conduct the Nihang traditions of "chatkaa" and "sukhaa?" Their Amrit velaa, nitnem, etc. are amazing. But honestly, for me personally, I would consider their sarbloh bibek to be void if used to prepare maas or bhang.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa! VaahegurooJeeKeeFateh!
Tarnveer Singh
November 22, 2010 05:35PM
Bhai Tarnveer singh jee

This article was written by bhai kulbir singh on yatra with gursikhs.
I have also been there, i know that baba mitt singh didn't do jhatka or bhang
I assuming that the rest of the singhs don't, but other singhs could confirm it better than me
November 23, 2010 08:59AM
Bhai Tarnveer Singh jeeo,

So just out of curiosity, do these Singhs (or the Gurdwara in general) conduct the Nihang traditions of "chatkaa" and "sukhaa?" Their Amrit velaa, nitnem, etc. are amazing. But honestly, for me personally, I would consider their sarbloh bibek to be void if used to prepare maas or bhang.

I am not sure if these Singhs personally consumed Jhatka or not but they definitely did Jhatka and cooked it. Second very peculiar thing they told me was that they themselves don't consume Bhang but as per Nihung tradition, they added at least 5 leaves of Bhang (ਪੰਜ ਪੱਤੀਆਂ ਸੁੱਖੇ ਦੀਆਂ) in Langar. They think that it is Guru's Maryada to have some Bhang in Langar.

I left out these two facts from the original writeup because I only wanted to write the positive and did not want the topic to go off-topic.

Kulbir Singh
Anonymous User
November 29, 2010 10:05AM
Vaheguroo,

The majority of Budda Dal Singhs do bhang and eat meat, its very rare that you hear of Budda Dal Singhs who dont do nasha - if there are some that dont, then thats great!! And as Tarnveer Veere said, all the Bani is also considered void if you are still doing Bujjar Kurehat.

The main Nihang Singhs who follow Guroo Sahibs Puraatan Maryada are the majority of Tarna Dal Singhs. But the main ones are Harianvela Singhs with Jathedar Akali Baba Nihal Singh Jee. Those Singhs read so much Bani, follow Sarbloh Rehat, read alot of Dasam Bani, really strict with Rehat, and Jathedar Jee also told me that if he finds one of his Singhs doing something they shouldnt - they're out!!!

Dhan Guroo Dhan Guroo Pyare!
November 29, 2010 02:48PM
Veer Jee/Bhainjee

there are a lot of singhs in Buddha dal that do no eat jhatka and/or do bhang. Daas knows many himself. Almost all jathedars of the Dals do no do jhatka or do bhang. In the dal they say if you want to get a higher avastha then dont do jhatka. it is true that a lot of Tarna Dal including Guru Nanak Dal, do not do jhatka, however we cannot say that all of them dont do it. every dal has very chardikala singhs and some of them do jhatka and bhang. and not all of them follow sarbloh bibek. Baba nihal singh does not either.

alot of us we just rule out nihang singhs out of the panth cuz WE dont believe in their unique maryada, but the truth is nihang singhs have kept a lot of puratan maryada intact for the past 3 centuries.

mahakaaaaal jee saaahaaaaii

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

oddslot
November 29, 2010 06:11PM

but the truth is nihang singhs have kept a lot of puratan maryada intact for the past 3 centuries.

just because a maryada is old doesn't make it correct. i hear this argument constantly in favor of the anti-gurmat practices of some nihangs: "we've always done it this way". ok, but that doesn't make it gurmat. paap is still paap even if it's been done for two hundred years. following a "unique maryada" isn't always a good thing. following a "gurmat maryada" is what we should strive for.
November 29, 2010 06:33PM
im not saying we should all follow the nihang singhs maryada im just saying we should look at their contributions to the panth rather than looking everything they do that WE BELIEVE is wrong

oddslot
November 29, 2010 06:58PM

that WE BELIEVE is wrong

i'm not talking about personal beliefs here, i'm talking about what guru sahib says is wrong.

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥
Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine -

ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥
no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

so if their maryada says bhang is ok, then it's simply wrong. being old doesn't make it ok. this is why the singh sabha movement of the late 19th/early 20th century was so essential. the nihangs had gone astray and we needed to weed these false practices out of the panth. i just think it's unfortunate today that a lot of youth see nihangs as some sort of perfect "old style" sikhs, when clearly, many of them are following a distinctly anti-gurmat lifestyle. how can we ignore the use of bhang, a bujjar kurehet that will send the user to hell, just because they read a lot of bani and wear blue? guru sahib says no matter what they do, if they do bhang, they're going to hell. personally i can't justify putting patits on a pedestal.
November 29, 2010 08:24PM
again i am not saying nihangs are the perfect most chardi kala gursikhs
im just saying that we shouldnt dislike someone just because he is a nihang

but challo you make a valid point and i cannot disagree with gurbani
however some nihangs will say that the word bhang here is implieing chicken
and some will say that they dont eeven use bhang its some tottally different ingredient

oddslot
gsingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> again i am not saying nihangs are the perfect most
> chardi kala gursikhs
> im just saying that we shouldnt dislike someone
> just because he is a nihang
>
>
> but challo you make a valid point and i cannot
> disagree with gurbani
> however some nihangs will say that the word bhang
> here is implieing chicken
> and some will say that they dont eeven use bhang
> its some tottally different ingredient

Lol Veer Ji your comment reminds me of a funny story I had with a Singh about eating meat. I mentioned Kabir Jis bani which he knew by heart and I said meat is forbidden in Sikhi because ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ( fish) is referring to Fish which in reality means meat.

ਕਬੀਰ ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ ਸੁਰਾ ਪਾਨਿ ਜੋ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਨੀ ਖਾਂਹਿ ॥
ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਏ ਤੇ ਸਭੈ ਰਸਾਤਲਿ ਜਾਂਹਿ ॥੨੩੩॥

he mentioned ਮਾਛੁਲੀ is a word coming from a different language which is referring to drugs. But this does not make sense because why would Guru Sahib say Bhang ( Drug) and then say drug again (ਭਾਂਗ ਮਾਛੁਲੀ) ?

Without a doubt the meaning of Bhang is intoxicants and Maschulee is Fish (meat in general). Kabir Ji was addressing this bani to the Muslims who go to Mecca ( teerath) , and fast ( bart) for the purpose of getting close to God yet they still indulge in intoxicants ( hookah) and fish eating which damage the karma, body and mind of a genuine seeker.

In ancient India, the fish industry was scant and practiced mainly amongst the low caste who couldn't afford to by or cultivate their own produce. When Muslims came to India one of the industries they strongly implemented was the fish industry. In the past, amongst Hindus, Buddhist, Jains etc meat eating was looked down upon. But in Islam, they don't have the knowledge of why meat eating is ethically and spiritually degrading. Unfortunately, many of our Sikh brothers also do not have this Gurmat knowledgesad smiley We need to be vigilant in knowing that some people interpret Gurbani according to their own likes instead of trying to take in the historical and spiritual significance of certain pangtia.
November 30, 2010 04:54PM
hanjee you make a good point. I am not saying that doing sukha is a good thing. however according to some scholars ਭਾਂਗ also means chicken but that does not mean the original meaning of marijuana is lost. just when we do deeper meanings of bani the original meaning or the first translation does not become void. So yes bhang should not be done as it is a drug. and we should only be imbued in the love for Waheguru Akaal Purakh

ਰਤੇ ਇਸਕ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਰੰਗਿ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੇ ॥
Those who are imbued with love for the Lord, are delighted by His Vision.

oddslot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login