Advanced

Sarbloh Replaced Naam

Posted by Taan Singh 
Sarbloh Replaced Naam
September 16, 2010 12:02PM
Sarbloh replaced Naam

Dohra

jo nij prabh mo so kehaa so kehiho jag maahi |

Whatever my Lord God said to me, I am going to narrate the same to the people of the world.

jo thih prabh ko dhiaae hai anth surag ko jaahi | 59|

Those (good persons) who meditate on the Name of the Immortal Lord, will ultimately go to heaven.(59)

(Bachitar Natak)

I never go on this forum or any other and after someone else told me what has been said on here about Sarbloh - that no one can reach Brahmgyaan without doing Sarbloh. I found this a joke.

The Shabad below tells us two important aspects of Gurmat that have to be followed, which have been highlighted. The second comes after the first. We are most welcomed in Saachkhand doing the first.

Fourth Mehla:

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||
One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(n)mrith sar naavai ||
Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai ||
Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa har naam dhhiaavai ||
Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo saas giraas dhhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai ||
One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai ||
That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||
Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

The main parchaar should be on Naam but most of it is done on the sarbloh material and on how to make different types of foods.

The Shabad below explains how our last thought upon our death has an effect on what happens to us after leaving this human world.

a(n)th kaal jo lashhamee simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||
At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts,

sarap jon val val aoutharai ||1||
shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. ||1||

aree baaee gobidh naam math beesarai || rehaao ||
O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. ||Pause||

a(n)th kaal jo eisathree simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||
At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts,

baesavaa jon val val aoutharai ||2||
shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. ||2||

a(n)th kaal jo larrikae simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||
At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts,

sookar jon val val aoutharai ||3||
shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. ||3||

a(n)th kaal jo ma(n)dhar simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||
At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts,

praeth jon val val aoutharai ||4||
shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. ||4||

a(n)th kaal naaraaein simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||
At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

badhath thilochan thae nar mukathaa peetha(n)bar vaa kae ridhai basai ||5||2||
says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

The last thought can only be on inner desires and something our mind thinks continuously about throughout our life. The last tuk clarifies that to become Bhramgyani our last thought should be Naam/Vaheguru.

Now, this is only possible if we follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s Biggest Hukam which is to have Athay Pehar Naam Abhiyaas. This is easy to achieve with continuous practice. If our mind is always occupied by this within every second while we read/sing bani, talk, eat, sleep etc than why wouldn’t we get a place in Saachkhand? if Ajaamal had never japped naam before but only japped naam in his last moments and still went to heaven, how can we not get a place in Saachkhand if our Naam runs Athay Pehar throughout our jeevan, whether or not we practice Sarbloh Rehat.

As Bhagat Kabeer Ji says:
kehi kabeer chith chaethiaa raam simar bairaag ||3||2||13||64||
Says Kabeer, my consciousness is filled with thoughts of remembrance of the Lord; I have become detached from the world. ||3||2||13||64||

…and by becoming detached from Maya through Naam we can only be attached to Vaheguru. In the Bhagvati Gita, Krishna has said we become what our mind always thinks about and uses a man who uses tantric to conjure bhoot as an example saying that he will without doubt become a bhoot himself after his death. Also Gurbani says by meditating on the Fearless God we become Fearless, so in the same way by continuously thinking of Vaheguru Ji Athay Pehar we automatically become Vaheguru himself with or without Sarbloh Abhiyaas.

The Shabad Tuk below tells us that Vaheguru’s devotees do not forget him for even an instant and a True Devotee always gets place in Saachkhand.

Nimakh n bisarai jeea bhagathan kai aat(h) pehar man thaa ko jaap ||1|| rehaao ||
His devotees do not forget Him, even for an instant. Twenty-four hours a day, O mind, meditate on Him. ||1||Pause||

Like in previous yuga, only he/she was called a true devotee of a deity like Durga, Shiv or Bisan who recited their name Athay Pehar. One example from Sri Dasam Granth Ji is of Shakt Singh who fought with Krishna and meditated on Durga Athay Pehar, who after being killed remembered her in his thought and went there where Durga recided. In the same way, if a Gursikh has their Naam Athay Pehar and does not do Sarbloh he will have a place in Saachkhand just as Baba Harnam Singh Ji (rumpurkherawalay) and Bhai Rama Singh Ji (AKJ UK Jathedar) have. Daas wouldn’t mention these names if they weren’t in Saachkhand; Naam Abhiyaasis know who’s in Saachkhand and who’s not. Another is Bao Mal Singh Ji who is a Bhramgyani. Even though he stopped the practice of Sarbloh later in his life he still went to Saachkhand. If it would have prohibited him from being allowed in Saachkhand he would have kept it to his last breath. Old age is no excuse Sarblohees can use.

aat(h) pehar har kaa jas ravanaa bikhai t(h)agouree laathhee ||
Twenty-four hours a day, he chants the Praises of the Lord, and the bitter poison does not affect him.

The above tuk is saying that those with Athay Pehar Gun Gayee Abhiyaas are unaffected by bitter poison. Even the food they eat has no effect on them but instead they have an effect on the food by making it pure and parvaan. The Sarbloh Rehat is kept out of pyar and to protect our naam but if we do not practice it doesn’t mean we can’t reach Bhramgyan – it’s very unrealistic to think like this.

If one does want to Practice Sarbloh it should be done the right way just as Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh Ji did it. This story has been told by Bibi Amarjit Kaur of when she and Bhai Sahib were offered milk by a Hindu. The cup of milk was first offered to Bibi Amarjit Kaur who refused it due to keeping Sarbloh Bibek and then to Bhai Sahib who DID NOT refuse it and drank the milk with delight. Bibi Ji was surprised but later asked Bhai Sahib why he accepted it. He said the milk was given out of Pyar and therefore drank it. Pyar is the most important thing in Gurmat along with Naam. Later Bhai Sahib and Bibi Ji found out that the Hindu boy's father who milked the cow stopped smoking and Bhai Sahib and Bibi Ji knew he used to smoke.

Something important the Sangat should know is that Bhai Jodh Singh Ji from Delhi who did Seva in the Panj with Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji wrote a book named Soan Charee Chree Gain. In there he has stated that “Sikhs have Replaced Naam with Sarbloh and Bani with Bana”. This can already be clearly seen in many Sikhs around the world. We stress so much on Physical Rehat than on Spiritual Rehat when the Spiritual Rehat is True and Permanent. Sikhs lack a lot of Naam so have become narrow-minded, they stress even on wearing Bana full-time after taking amrit when Guru Gobind Singh Ji, who is open-minded, told Baba Harnam Singh Ji if it is not possible to wear Hazooria all the time at least wear it when doing Matha in Darbar Sahib to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or when doing Ardas.

Even though Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave so many Rehata for us to practice his main purpose to come into this world was to give Naam to us, which a lot of Sikhs lack including Sarblohees.

We need to build ourselves a Jeevan. We have no life for the second when we forget Naam.

naanak saeee mooeae j naam n chaethehi bhagath jeevae veechaaree ||30||4||13||
O Nanak, those who do not remember the Naam are dead. The devotees live in contemplative meditation.

VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Sarbloh Replaced Naam
September 16, 2010 01:11PM
Firstly Bhai Taan Singh jee welcome to the forum VahegurooJeeKaaKhalsa VahegurooJeeKeeFateh

Here are few points to your thoughtful veechar.

1. I believe Naam is the main purpose of a Sikh like other Sikhs including the people singled out called 'Sarblohis'

The Gur-Shabad you pointed about Gur-Satguru Jo Sikh Akhaae is very important Shabad for all.
The essence of Gurmat Bibek is to imbibe Naam at all times in the heart. Naam is the One Hukam that is central to all other Hukams of Satguru. These other Hukams, Rehat of a Gursikh, are only to help in continual engaging in Naam. But a Gursikh will try his best to submit to all Gur-Hukams as they are following what Guru Sahib has instructed.

The daily routine of a Gursikh is laid out eloquently by Satguru Ramdass Jee in Siree Guru Granth Sahib Jee on Ang 305. The day starts with practice of Naam Simran. To do this, the Gursikh first takes the initiative to bathe in “Amritsar”. Then the Gursikh recites Paath of Nitnem as prescribed by Satguru. Doing this all sins and faults get erased. As the sun rises, the Gursikh goes to the Darbar of Siree Guru Granth Sahib Jee and immerses into the deep and soothing melody of Gurbanee Keertan. Later in the day, the Gursikh keeps doing Naam Simran with each breath while performing the worldly duties.

2. From the Gursikhs i have seen keep Sarbloh da Pehar, they are highly abhyassi, if we read Gursikh Jeevani's like Bhai Anokh Singh, Bhai Fauja Singh and many others who are currently alive.

The main parchaar should be Naam.
This is 100% correct. Bhai Sahib writes in Gurmat Bibek

The person who has sacrificed his/her whole or in other words lives after dying is the Gurmukh ParUpkaree (Magnanimous Gurmukh). One who hasn’t done so, one who hasn’t fixed their own mind, whose mind is not attuned fully to Guru’s Word, what can he/she preach to others about Guru’s Word?. Gurmukh Par-UpKaarees do not have to lecture anyone. Their mere sight is enough to incite love for Gursikhee in others. Their exemplary life becomes an aura that spreads it sweet fragrance to all that come in touch.

May Guru Sahib bless with such a Jeevan this is real parchaar. Telling our Gur-Bhais about Naam & BaNee is essential so we may learn from each other about spirituality

3.Please state the page where Bhai Jodh Singh has said this. Because he has also said Sikhs have given up Sarbloh. We have to be Niaara like Guru Sahib jee made us.

4. Bana is worn out of love for Guru Sahib beloved roop. The roop of the Khalsa is that of the Roop which the Punj Pyareh look like. If somebody wants to wear bana full time. Then that is a wonderful thing Guru Sahib will be kush. Wearing bana protects us from doing wrong things because were representing Guru Sahib roop. I think we should be happy for them.

If one cannot wear bana then, it is not the end of your sikhee. But like you have stated wearing it to the Gurdwara Sahib should be a minimum.

5. In regards with Bhai Fauja Singhs sakhi it's the first time i have heard of it. He was a special soul only virleh Gurmukhs have such kirpa to do such things.

I think i have missed out points to say, but will add more. I have a question which i would like to as you Bhai Taan Singh jee.

Do you keep Sarbloh?

The elder singhs of AKJ UK all wear bana full time, this it self is massive parchaar fo all. I have witness this with my own eyes and airports, petrol stations etc. They like many other Gursikhs worldwide haven't replaced Naam with anything. Just following Rehat jeeo instructed by Satguru Jee.

BhulChukMaafi

Vista
September 16, 2010 01:16PM
The following incident is from the life of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee. It occurred about a year after he took Amrit and its revelation made Bhai Sahib take on Sarbloh Rehat completely reinforcing its importance within him. Satguru gave Darshan and clear Bhai Sahibs doubts.

One day around 1904, Bhai Sahib came to Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gujaravaal where quite a few Singhs had gathered. Bhai Sahib requested the desire to drink some water. A Singh by the name of Gulab Singh told Bhai Sahib that there was no Dol (an iron pot for drawing water from a well). He said if you wish I could bring some water in a Boka (leather water bottle). Bhai Sahib felt uncomfortable in accepting water from a Boka and questioned if it was Gurmat to drink from such a bottle. From this a discussion started on whether it was right to drink water from a Boka (leather bottle). The discussion was inconclusive so it was decided that the verdict would be decided amongst the Ludhiana Sangat the next day. Bhai Sahib said he would now only drink water after getting an answer from this question.

The next day when they all gathered at Raipur Station to go towards Ludhiana they saw Dr Natha Singh on the passenger staircase holding a Sarbloh Garhvaa (Iron pitcher/vessel). Dr Jee said to Bhai Sahib that you have not drunk water since yesterday so have some Sarbloh water. Bhai Sahib getting a special feeling from this water in Sarbloh drank it. He then went towards the ticket counter, as he was about to purchase a ticket he saw Dr Natha Singh coming towards him on the platform saying “ Bhai Sahib don’t buy a ticket I’ve already bought one for you”. Bhai Sahib approached him and asked him “When did you buy my ticket, you were just giving me water from the Sarbloh Garhvaa”. Dr Sahib replied that “I did not give you any water”!

This astonishing Kala/event had a profound effect on Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee, he declared that his question had been answered there and then. From this day onwards Bhai Sahib kept Sarbloh firmly and completely, he kept Sarbloh even through many tough and difficult times because of its Divine importance and spiritual distinctness.

The Divine Answer of Sarbloh to Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee
Taken from Jeevan Charitar written by Sura Parivaar

tapoban.org
September 16, 2010 01:47PM
It's hard to judge the importance of a rehit without trying it out for yourself. If you were to try keeping sarbloh bibek for a little while, it might change your perspective jee.... you may be amazed at what it does for you.
September 16, 2010 02:37PM

It's hard to judge the importance of a rehit without trying it out for yourself. If you were to try keeping sarbloh bibek for a little while, it might change your perspective jee.... you may be amazed at what it does for you.

why do you think he doesn't?

i didn't read anything against sarbloh rehet in the original post. as i understood it, the poster is stressing that sarbloh alone can't get you to sachkhand... we need NAAM for that. i don't think anyone can disagree with that sentiment.

rehet helps with naam, but naam is the one and only way to liberation.
September 16, 2010 06:10PM
ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਸਿਖ ਹੋਵੈ , ਸੋ ਐੇਸੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਦੇ ਖੋਜਨਾ ਕਰੈ, ਜੇਹੜੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਆਵੈ।
Bhai Chapa Singh Ji

Doing Naam Abhyiaas only comes through Guru Sahibs kirpa; we can only be recipients of Guru Sahibs kirpa when we earn his kushi. How do we get GUru Sahibs happiness? Only though obeying his orders/rehat can we get his kirpa.

BHai Randhir Singh Ji says that a true Sikhs honors each hukum/Rehat of Guru Sahib.

ਸਚਿਆਰ ਸਿਖ ਨੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੇ ਇਕ-ਇਕ ) ਹੁਕਮ ਦੀ ਕਦਰ ਸਾਰ ਹਿਰਦਿੳ ਹੋਵਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਇਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਹਰੇਕ ਸਿਖ ਮਾਤਰ ਨੂੰ ਹੋਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ

Bhai Randhir Singh Ji - Gurmat Bibek

We should regard Gurus bachan as Sat Sat !

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਤਾ ਆਪਿ ਮੁਹਹੁ ਕਢਾਏ ॥
O GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.

Gurrrrrrrruuuuu!
Yes , I supousse that this Singh Ji is not used to practise sarbloh rehat because If he does then he would have the exprience himself that eating in sarbloh is just like having an power booster injection and onthe other hand eating in other utencils is similar to having a phoka (paani waalla) Injection.

Bhai sahabh Ji u r absolutely right that hukaman sir hukam is to jap naam saas saas but veer Ji, to jap naam is not that simple or easy.Recieting naam is just like having a medicine and rahat is just like the precautions , it is understoodable that if u keep on taking medicines and avoid precautions , it's useless same way vica versa.

Dasam patshah Ji is the father of the panth and u have to make this believe In u heart that guru Ji would not give something which is not going to be benificial for the panth and though the hukam for sarbloh bibek rehat is not from any person in repect but veer Ji THIS IS THE HUKAM FROM AKAL PURAKH and we Alpag jeev can not realize the importane of this anmol daat of sarbloh , we can only realize it's importance when without any doubt we will accept this rehat as a SACAHA HUKAM of SACHI SAKAR.

I know such gursikhs who have obeyed this hukam of sarbloh through out their life and believe me they all are tough naam abhiassies and u know that how much they love Sarbloh that I have heard them saying " Kadi kadi sarbloh te badaa pyaar aaunda hai , dil karda hai ke BAATAA PAANII VICH GHOL KE HI PEE LAIEYE" , Sarbloh is in the praan's of such gursikhs because they know that sarbloh has always helped them in naam jap.

Shaheed Bhai Avtaar Singh Ji who was senior among the 13 Singh shaheeds of 1978 , when he was in his last breaths , bhaisahabh's skull was pissed of badly with hard bamboo sticks and the blood was also in the flowing mode, seeing his critical condition one nearby singh make some effort and collect some water in an empty silver vessel
and bring it close to bhaisahabh , seeing the silver pot bhai sahabh refuse to drink water while saying "Jehdi Rehat Satguran ne saari umar rakhaiee hai , oh aakhri wele kidan torr dean".Bhai sahbh was a Pakke sarblohi Singh and also a tough saas saas naam abhiassie .

There lives a naam rasiaraa chardi kala Singh knows as Dr.sahabh from Dhariwal, some years ago there was some confusion created in Dr.sahabs mind regarding Sarbloh and the avastha of bhai sahabh bai Randhir Singh Ji by ato be called saint who has a conversation with Dr.Sahabh ji . After this talk with this to be called saint , Dr.sahabh become extremely emotional and was also doubted regarding Wade bhai Sahabh and of course Sarbloh because this singh were a Pakke sarblohi Singh at that time, now to get rid of his doubts this Singh Ji started stroking KHANDA (reciting naam) in full flow and started doing ardaas that " Sache Patshah sach ki hai , eh mainu surf tusi dassoo", now in this condition of stroking khanda and doing ardaas , may be after 2-3 day there was a Prakash of PUNJ PIARRE in the hajurie of Shri GRANTH SAHIBH JI MAHARAJ with the aghvaih of Dr. Surinder Singh Ji (who were a brahm giani). Now the bachans that were being told to this Singh Ji by Dr. Surinder Singh were like this "1. BHAISAHABH TE RAB, RAB TE BHAI SAHABH KOI FARAK NAHIN.
2. SARABLOH ATT ZAROORI HAI , ES TON BINA GATTI NAHIN HONI. EH TUSI AAP VI RAKHNI HAI , TE JEHRE SINGHAN NE NAHIN RAKHI UHNA NU ES BAARE DASNA HAI".

Veer Ji u have given some excellent examples of gusikhs like bhai fauja Singh and jodh Singh Ji , these r really pujniye (respected) singhs but in my opinion Bhai sahibh bhai Randhir Singh Ji was superior of all the gursikhs in respect to kamaii, rehat Jivan every thing, we all know that how strong was bhai sahabh jee over the issue of sarbloh that he refuse to eat his parshada and even water for 40 days , I m surpriced that still our singhs which belong to the same roots as gursikhs like bhai sahabh Ji belongs to, have doubts over the importance of sarbloh rehat.

Bu guru's grace I have a suggetion to all my guru bhai who have doubt over the importance of sarbloh that please try sarbloh rehat for at least 6 months which means use utensils none other than sarbloh and while making parshada continuously caary on paath and Simran and when u will put that prepared parshada in ur mouth then u will notice what a jewel is Sarbloh , how it has the connection with naam , how it makes naam jap easy.

Bhai sahabh Ji this Gupt khazanna of PYAARI PYAARI SARABLOH is recieved by the grace of achoji preetam Dasam Pitaji

Daas khima da jachak hai
Veer Ji have also raised a point that singhs have rePlaced naam with sarbloh and banna with banni

well , that's not true , the importance of sarbloh have already been discussed.

I believe that in sikh panth Banna is considered as a gown , a special suit which an istrie( bride) wears to please her khasam (husband).

Through guru's grace in my opinion Banna is purely the symbol of love , affection , bairag , vichora which an Istri has for her khasam and the khasam is none other than the Akal-Purakh which is equivilant with the dhur ki aaiee baaniee, then how can baana would replace the Baanie

the gursikhs who wear banna full time , they really know its importance which cannot be described in words without practising it .

I think that not only Banna but every other thing which have been given to us by dasam pita has a deep connection with akal purakh or Naam ,weather it is sarbloh bibek , kakkars ,cold water ishnaan etc.

If u consider Hajuria , it seems to me like a strap in dog's neck which is bieng controlled by the master Akal-purakh. Gursikhs always have this feelling that the strap in our neck is in the masters hand and we r pleased to go any where he will take us

If u considered dastaara , it seems to be like a crown on heads of singhs , which have been made kings by guru Ji of their own souls.

same way like Banna, I considered Karre , as bangles which an istree wears to please her husband, it can also be considered as handcuffs to guru Ji

Daas khima da jhachak hai
September 17, 2010 08:38AM
Bhai Taan Singh ji, you have pointed it out perfectly. Naam is the ultimate focus of gursikhi.

The misconception you are expressing is common and I humbly submit that it is ignorant. All rehits given to us by Dasam Patsha ji are there for a reason. There is no rehit that is higher than the other and no rehit that is optional or less important. To attain Guru sahib ji's blessings, all rehits should be abided. Some rehits appear big and some appear small but all rehits are of equal importance.

There was no bigger advocator of rehit than Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji in the last hundred years. In Bhai Sahib's autobiography, Bhai Sahib writes again and again his struggles to upkeep the rehit of sarbloh bibek even whilst in jails. Bhai Sahib was no ordinary person and I humbly submit that there has been no other like him. In Chapter 13, you can read the extents Bhai Sahib went to to maintain Sarbloh Bibek rehit and did not compromise. Instead, he won the battle of keeping Sarbloh Bibek. In the same chatper, you can read how the Singhs along with Bhai Sahib were attuned to Naam and Gurbani despite the hard times that were forced upon them.

The problem arises when we start to look upon sarbloh differently from other rehits of Guru Sahib. Just as Guru Sahib gave us rehits of Kakkars, Ishnaan, Nitnem, Sarbloh Bibek too is a rehit of the aspect of a Gursikhs eating rehit. Why do we keep isolating the rehit of Sarbloh? The importance of Sarbloh is high and is shown during the time Amirt is prepared in Amrit sinchaar.

Once you adopt the rehit of Sarbloh bibek, there is no denying the status of it. There is nothing like it. I personally don't know of any Singhs who keep Sarbloh Bibek rehit and their lives not be focused around Naam. The whole reason Sarbloh Bibek is kept by Gursikhs is for Naam. It is with Guru Sahib's kirpa that these Singhs prepare their food in Sarbloh whilst doing Gurbani/ Naam abhiyaas.
September 17, 2010 09:33AM
Veer Taan Singh jeeo,

Please accept my apologies if my original post gave the impression that Sarbloh Bibek can replace Naam. Below is a summary of what we believe the status of Naam and Rehit is:

1. The way to meet Vaheguru is Satguru. Vaheguru is Gurprasaad (is attained through the Kirpa of Guru).

2. Guru Sahib in turn is met through Kirpa of Vaheguru. On whom Vaheguru is pleased, He enables him to meet the Satguru. Satguru in turns enables the seeker to meet Vaheguru. This is Attal Gurmat Sidhaant.

3. All Jeevs (creatures) are stuck in the Traigunni Sansaar (this world) because of Haume. Haume is what keeps us here and the moment Haume is eliminated, the wall of falsehood falls and the Jeev meets Vaheguru. Haume is a disease and Naam is Daaroo (medicine) and Rehit is Sanjam. When a doctor gives medicine, he also prescribes certain dos and don’ts. Without following these dos and don’ts, the medicine does not work with full efficacy.

4. Naam is the medicine and Naam is the source but Rehit (dos and don’ts) too is important to get full benefit of Naam Daaroo.

5. If one only follows dos and don’ts i.e. Sanjam, and does not consume medicine, one does not get cured.

6. On the other hand, if one takes medicine but does not do Sanjam of what to eat, when to eat etc. then too the medicine does not work.

7. If one does Gurbani Paath and Naam Abhyaas, but does not keep Rehit, then all the earnings of Naam and Gurbani are wasted in
compensating for our bad Karma of not following Rehit.

8. If we do Naam Abhyaas and at the same time steal, do fraud, lie, do violence etc. then the spiritual earnings of Naam are not retained within.

9. If we do Naam Abhyaas and Gurbani Paath but don’t keep Kakaars, avoid Bajjar Kurehits, will our Naam Abhyaas alone make us Brahmgyani? The answer is no. The Hukam of Guru Sahib is on our heads and we must obey all Hukams if we want full Kirpa i.e. Brahmgyaan.

10. Similarly as aforementioned, if we don’t keep Rehits like Sarbloh Bibek, then definitely some deficiency will remain as far as our spiritual growth is concerned and this spiritual deficiency will not let us reach the highest state of Brahmgyaan.

11. Having said that, this does not mean that if one does not keep some Rehits e.g. Sarbloh Bibek, one would not get any Avastha at all. One can still reach very high spiritual states but one cannot reach the full state of Brahmgyaan without obeying all Hukams of Guru Sahib including doing Amritvela, Kakaars, avoiding Bajjar Kurehits, giving Daswandh, Sarbloh Bibek etc.

This Daas did not say anywhere that by keeping Sarbloh Bibek alone one would reach Brahmgyaan. Without Naam and Gurbani, what will Sarbloh Bibek do? It would keep one in Traigunni Sansaar. The only way the Rehit becomes of any value is if the Shiromini Rehit of Naam and Gurbani is kept.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
September 17, 2010 10:53AM
Vaahegurooo....!!!

*****Respect***** to all naam abhyaasee and sarblohee gurmukh pyaarey...!!!

May guroosaab bless daas with his rehnee behnee and the courage and power to follow his principles...!!!...
September 17, 2010 10:53AM
"10. Similarly as aforementioned, if we don’t keep Rehits like Sarbloh Bibek, then definitely some deficiency will remain as far as our spiritual growth is concerned and this spiritual deficiency will not let us reach the highest state of Brahmgyaan.

11. Having said that, this does not mean that if one does not keep some Rehits e.g. Sarbloh Bibek, one would not get any Avastha at all. One can still reach very high spiritual states but one cannot reach the full state of Brahmgyaan without obeying all Hukams of Guru Sahib."

If you were lucky you would have had darshan of Baba Harnaam Singh, Bhai Rama Singh, Bao Mal Singh Ji etc and would have realised you can reach Brahmgyaan without sarbloh Bibek. You cannot be 100% sure you can't reach Bharmgyan without it, your just assuming but others with expereince know this for sure. Of course Sarbloh Bibek helps us but to say you cannot reach Bharmgyan without it is not right.
September 17, 2010 11:25AM
GuptS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "10. Similarly as aforementioned, if we don’t
> keep Rehits like Sarbloh Bibek, then definitely
> some deficiency will remain as far as our
> spiritual growth is concerned and this spiritual
> deficiency will not let us reach the highest state
> of Brahmgyaan.
>
> 11. Having said that, this does not mean that if
> one does not keep some Rehits e.g. Sarbloh Bibek,
> one would not get any Avastha at all. One can
> still reach very high spiritual states but one
> cannot reach the full state of Brahmgyaan without
> obeying all Hukams of Guru Sahib."
>
> If you were lucky you would have had darshan of
> Baba Harnaam Singh, Bhai Rama Singh, Bao Mal Singh
> Ji etc and would have realised you can reach
> Brahmgyaan without sarbloh Bibek. You cannot be
> 100% sure you can't reach Bharmgyan without it,
> your just assuming but others with expereince know
> this for sure. Of course Sarbloh Bibek helps us
> but to say you cannot reach Bharmgyan without it
> is not right.

Veerji,

How do you know we are not talking from personal experience. We are 100% sure that without obeying ALL of guru sahib's rehits, you cannot reach brahmgyaan.
Reply Quote keep Rehits ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C7771%2C7836%23msg-7836" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
September 17, 2010 11:39AM
I am not going to answer questions on my Jeevan, this is personal.

Only 1kaur understood the point I was trying to make. I have not said it is wrong to keep Sarbloh but to be proud of this Rehit over others to keep boasting about it is unnecessary.

gallin haun sohagan: "Bhai sahibh bhai Randhir Singh Ji was superior of all the gursikhs" > Daas personally knows Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji would get hurt by this statement against the person who made it.

Kulbir Singh:

Even if a Gurmukh does not do Sarbloh Rehit and can only reach a certain Avastha he/she is still allowed in Saachkhand which Daas personally knows from own Spiritual Experiences. Without Sarbloh, if a Gurmukh practices so many other rehita like the Spiritual Rehit below we can soar very high.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji gives a lot of Spiritual Rehita too, like:

har parr har likh har jap har gaao har bhoujal paar outhaaree ||
Read about the Lord, write about the Lord, chant the Lord's Name, and sing the Lord's Praises; the Lord will carry you across the terrifying world-ocean.

Physical Reheta and Amritvela are simple to keep pukka, but Gursikhs do not even try to keep their naam athay pehar which is easy to accomplish. A lot of Solid Sarblohees I have seen are weak in Spiritual rehat and some have lost their amrit too. I've seen Singhs who do not Practice Sarbloh Rehit, looking into their eyes have seen more naam in them with Good Destiny than Sarblohees who lack so much.

There are a lot of Sikhs practicing Sarbloh Rehit and to keep on emphasizing on it proudly is pointless. May we with Guru Sahib's Kirpa experience the Greatness of Naam so much so that its the only thing we want to Praise, be Proud of and do Parchaar of.

VaheguruJikaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh
September 17, 2010 11:55AM
Preetam Singh Wrote:
> GuptS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "10. Similarly as aforementioned, if we don’t
> > keep Rehits like Sarbloh Bibek, then definitely
> > some deficiency will remain as far as our
> > spiritual growth is concerned and this
> spiritual
> > deficiency will not let us reach the highest
> state
> > of Brahmgyaan.
> >
> > 11. Having said that, this does not mean that
> if
> > one does not keep some Rehits e.g. Sarbloh
> Bibek,
> > one would not get any Avastha at all. One can
> > still reach very high spiritual states but one
> > cannot reach the full state of Brahmgyaan
> without
> > obeying all Hukams of Guru Sahib."
> >
> > If you were lucky you would have had darshan of
> > Baba Harnaam Singh, Bhai Rama Singh, Bao Mal
> Singh
> > Ji etc and would have realised you can reach
> > Brahmgyaan without sarbloh Bibek. You cannot be
> > 100% sure you can't reach Bharmgyan without it,
> > your just assuming but others with expereince
> know
> > this for sure. Of course Sarbloh Bibek helps us
> > but to say you cannot reach Bharmgyan without
> it
> > is not right.
>
> Veerji,
>
> How do you know we are not talking from personal
> experience. We are 100% sure that without obeying
> ALL of guru sahib's rehits, you cannot reach
> brahmgyaan.

So you have had darshan of Baba Harnam Singh, Bao Mal Singh Ji and know they are not in Saachkhand? I don't think you got my message. You shouldn't disrespect other Bharmgyanis or think they are any less.
September 17, 2010 12:03PM
Veer Taan Singh jeeo,

It's not about Sarbloh Bibek but Hukam of Guru Sahib. For a moment, replace Sarbloh Bibek with other Bibeks e.g. 5 Kakaars, Daswandh, not doing Bajjar Kurehits etc. Whether Sarbloh Bibek, or Kakaars or Daswandh, all are Hukams of Guru Sahib and a Gursikh cannot reject a Hukam of Guru Sahib and then expect to become a Brahmgyani.

No one is saying that a person who is not a Sarblohi cannot have a high spiritual state but remember we are talking about a Brahmgyani here. Brahmgyani is the utmost Avastha of Gursikhi and only such person who obeys Hukams of Guru Sahib can be a Brahmgyani. It's not about Sarbloh in particular but Hukam of Guru Sahib. If Sarbloh Bibek is a Hukam, then no Sikh can deny this Hukam and reach the topmost Avastha of Gursikhi.

Kulbir Singh
September 17, 2010 12:18PM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
> Veer Taan Singh jeeo,
>
> It's not about Sarbloh Bibek but Hukam of Guru
> Sahib. For a moment, replace Sarbloh Bibek with
> other Bibeks e.g. 5 Kakaars, Daswandh, not doing
> Bajjar Kurehits etc. Whether Sarbloh Bibek, or
> Kakaars or Daswandh, all are Hukams of Guru Sahib
> and a Gursikh cannot reject a Hukam of Guru Sahib
> and then expect to become a Brahmgyani.
>
> No one is saying that a person who is not a
> Sarblohi cannot have a high spiritual state but
> remember we are talking about a Brahmgyani here.
> Brahmgyani is the utmost Avastha of Gursikhi and
> only such person who obeys Hukams of Guru Sahib
> can be a Brahmgyani. It's not about Sarbloh in
> particular but Hukam of Guru Sahib. If Sarbloh
> Bibek is a Hukam, then no Sikh can deny this Hukam
> and reach the topmost Avastha of Gursikhi.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Answer this question- are you saying Bao Mal Singh ji and Baba Harnam Singh are not in Saachkhand? Some people know they are because they have had their darshan. Someone who has had their darshan and felt how intense and blissful their darshan was knows they are Bharmgyan and in Saachkhand.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the highest of all and is the most open-minded. Guru Sahib told Baba Harnam Singh I see no difference in a rehatvaan sikh and a gursikh who has reached param padh.

This way of thinking is no difference from those people who have no ekta between jathay. People Narrow-minded have no place in saachkhand because one of the qualities you attain from Naam is open-mindedness.
September 17, 2010 12:49PM
Please do ardaas for us that we may simar Naam 24/7 Bhai Taan Singh jee/GuptS

Us sarblohis lack so much like you said. Your 100% right jee.

ਮਃ 4 ॥
ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਹੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਾਧੂ ਮਿਲੇ ਪਿਆਰਿਆ ॥
ਓਇ ਪੁਰਖ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਧੰਨਿ ਜਨ ਹਹਿ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਪਰਉਪਕਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਵਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਣਾਵਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੇ ਜਗੁ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਗੁਰ ਵੇਖਣ ਕਉ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਈ ਲੋਚੈ ਨਵ ਖੰਡ ਜਗਤਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਤੁਧੁ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੁ ਰਖਿਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਚਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਆਪੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਵਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਤੂ ਆਪੇ ਪੂਜਹਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਾਵਹਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਕੋਈ ਵਿਛੁੜਿ ਜਾਇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਪਾਸਹੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਕਾਲਾ ਮੁਹੁ ਜਮਿ ਮਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਤਿਸੁ ਅਗੈ ਪਿਛੈ ਢੋਈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੀ ਮਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੋ ਮਿਲੇ ਸੇਈ ਜਨ ਉਬਰੇ ਜਿਨ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਰਿਆ ॥
ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਪੁਤਹਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿਅਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਿਆ ॥2॥
"So you have had darshan of Baba Harnam Singh, Bao Mal Singh Ji and know they are not in Saachkhand? I don't think you got my message. You shouldn't disrespect other Bharmgyanis or think they are any less."

No doubt the above named gursikhs are really pujniye (respected) , mahapurakhs but if think that they have attain such high avasthas in just one JANAM , that's not true.we alpag jeevs, the beginers , considering me cannot compete with them as to attain such great avasthas they have been struggling for janam's doing bhagti , bandgi, keeping rehat , this only guru knows. They might have also practised the sarbloh rehat in their previous janam's.

Daas khima da jachak hai
September 17, 2010 01:02PM
Kulbir Singh,

You need to understand Guru Gobind Singh Ji's nature, which can only be gained through Naam Abhiyaas. If we are not close to Guru Sahib spiritually than we only understand through worldly means and knowledge. Even if Guru Gobind Singh Ji has said that he only loves his Rehit and not the Sikh. To Guru Gobind Singh Ji the Biggest Rehit is Athay Pehar Naam Abhiyaas so the avastha reached by doing this, without sarbloh, and the Humility and Compassion gained will determine if Saachkhand is for us or not and if Guru Gobind Singh Ji feels we should be with him in Saachkhand or take birth to develop more Kamayee, become even more humble and do more seva for the panth.

Take the rehit combing our hair twice a day, if someone only combed it once a day, did Sarbloh and attained Athay Pehar Naam Abhiyaas why would he/she be rejected by Guru Sahib in the hereafter?

Those who are close to Guru Sahib understand that we can reach Saachkhand level without the practice of Sarbloh without doubt and once in Saachkhand everyone is on the same level - This the respect Vaheguru/Guru Sahib gives to all in Saachkhand to keep them on the same level as Pyar and No 'I' is the main thing.
September 17, 2010 01:02PM
Well Said Vista Jeeo...!!

Man too Mat Maan Kareh Je Haon Kich Jaanda... Gurmukh Nimaana Ho...!!

Vaaheguroo Vaaheguroo....!!!
"Kulbir Singh,

You need to understand Guru Gobind Singh Ji's nature, which can only be gained through Naam Abhiyaas. If we are not close to Guru Sahib spiritually than we only understand through worldly means and knowledge. Even if Guru Gobind Singh Ji has said that he only loves his Rehit and not the Sikh. To Guru Gobind Singh Ji the Biggest Rehit is Athay Pehar Naam Abhiyaas so the avastha reached by doing this, without sarbloh, and the Humility and Compassion gained will determine if Saachkhand is for us or not and if Guru Gobind Singh Ji feels we should be with him in Saachkhand or take birth to develop more Kamayee, become even more humble and do more seva for the panth.

Take the rehit combing our hair twice a day, if someone only combed it once a day, did Sarbloh and attained Athay Pehar Naam Abhiyaas why would he/she be rejected by Guru Sahib in the hereafter?

Those who are close to Guru Sahib understand that we can reach Saachkhand level without the practice of Sarbloh without doubt and once in Saachkhand everyone is on the same level - This the respect Vaheguru/Guru Sahib gives to all in Saachkhand to keep them on the same level as Pyar and No 'I' is the main thing.
Reply Quote Report"

Guru piareo , guru svareo, bhaisahabh Ji
waheguru Ji ka Khalsa , waheguru Ji ki fateh

Daas 100% agrees with u and respect ur piaass for sachkhand and darshan of waheguru.

yes , u r right that athey pehar naam jap is the only medium for sachkhand darshan, but veer Ji if something is helping u in ur naam jap , making ur naam jap sukhaallaa then please tell me , will u be able to ignore that thing, the answer is NO , u would love to attain that thing as soon as possible. Similarly , veerji believe me Sarbloh would always be protecting u and making ur naam jap sukhaalaa.

the internal rehit of stroking khanda is must, but veer Ji outernal rehat is also never the less unimportant as it helps the internal rehat steady

I may give one example as everyone knows that in rehatnama dasam pita Ji have hukam singhs to do cold water ishnan even in cold wheather ,now this cold water ishnaan rehit is outernal but it has connection with the internal rehit. In cold wheather when the body is shivering and when u put Cold water over it , u would immeadiately start stroking khanda and it will carry on for whole of ur amritwela similarly when the Sarblohi parshada made with naam baani ,when go in the body will help the SURATI to get connected with naam, will make ur naam jap sukhaalaa

I have heard from some singhs that sarbloh is such a speciel metal that has the Kala that absorbs baani that is why it has been used by dasm pita Ji.

In short words sarbloh rehit has proved to be an increment in naam jap .so , it's a good deal, every time to gain something and nothing to loose.

Daas khima da jhaachak hai
September 17, 2010 02:43PM
Veer Taan Singh jeeo and Veer GuptS jeeo,

An ant crawling on Earth cannot fathom the heights a falcon or eagle can fly. This Daas does not know the Gatt-Mitt of the Gurmukhs you have named. As far as we are concerned, all Gurmukhs are respectable to us and are to us, what Eagle and Falcon are to an ant. How far they have reached in spirituality, we don't know. All we know is that 2 + 2 = 4 i.e. in Gurbani, Guru Sahib has made it clear that a Sikh lives and dies in the Hukam of Guru Sahib. For one Hukam of Guru Sahib, a Sikh can sacrifice millions of his lives. If Guru Sahib says it's day, a Sikh believes it and considers it to be day. If Guru Sahib says its night, a Sikh does not question it. Same way, if Guru Sahib orders his Sikhs to wear 5 Kakaars ,a Sikh obeys it without questioning the logic behind it. If Guru Sahib had ordered His Sikhs to wear 10 Kakaars, Sikhs would have done so.

A Sikh who has killed his Haume is a perfect Hukami Banda (slave). If a Sikh deliberately disobeys a Hukam, then for sure, there is some Haume remaining in such Sikh. A Sikh who has eliminated his Haume through the grace of Guru cannot disobey a Hukam.

Gurmukho, I ask you a simple question. Why would a Sikh disobey Guru Sahib's Hukam? Second question is - if a Sikh disobeys Guru Sahib's Hukam, how can he become a Brahmgyani? Gurbani says that a Sikh gives his Tann and Mann to Guru Sahib. A Sikh sells his mind to Guru Sahib. Then where is there room for disobeying Guru Sahib's Hukam?

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
September 17, 2010 03:09PM
I think Taan Singh is trying to say that those who emphasise on outer rehat should also equally focus on inner rehat. Alot of stress is put on to Sarbloh whereas very little on Naam. By reading Gurmat Bibek pustak by Bhai Sahib we get a taster of what a Bibeki jan is.

Hukama sir hukam is Naam Japna. All other hukams of Guru Sahib are in place to excel our Naam Kamaaee. A Gursikh of course will strive to keep all Hukams of Guru Sahib. The word itself - HUKAM means order therefore there should be no question or doubt over a hukam. However Taan Singh has not been questioning the importance of Sarbloh Bibek. He is simply asking us where our focus is. External or internal?

Yes keep Sarbloh Bibek, it is a hukam of Guru Jee. But remember all rehat is only given parvaangee through the name of God. i.e. Keeping Sarbloh and then making tasty foods is out of the question. Sarbloh promotes simplicity, it promotes fakeeree. Sarbloh is there for the remembrance of Gods name. Degh is only Degh because of the Naam that is put into it. Langar is only langar because of Naam.

Hope this clears up the doubts over what Taan singh is saying. That is what I have understood from Taan Singhs post.

Bhullan andar sabh ko, abhul guru kartar.
September 17, 2010 04:46PM
Maybe we could of sat down and spoke about this after the bhog mere Gur-Bhais. But you kept quiet even though that was a perfect time. There were learned Gursikhs there to speak to.

This topic is getting silly with who is brahmgyan or not. Lets try and save ourselves first.

BansaavaleeNaamaa is an historical text which was completed in 1769 by the author Kesar Singh Chebar(born around 1715).
This is a very important source because of its age and also because of the author’s closeness to prominent Gursikhs of those times.

Towards the end of this volume Kesar Singh describes the picture of the Panth in the dark days of the 1700s he states that GurSikhs tried to uphold Guru Jee’s hukam even in difficult times.

ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਕਮਾਵੈ I

In a few paragraphs down he then goes on to say

ਪਰ ਤਿਸ ਸਮੇਂ ਸਿਖ ਆਹੇ ਜਤੀ ਸਤੀ ਰਹਿਤਵਾਨ I

ਪੰਜ ਪੰਜ ਸੱਤ ਸੱਤ ਦਿਨ ਭੁਖੇ ਰਹਿਨ ਪਰ ਐਲਾ ਮੈਲਾ ਧਾਨੁ ਨ ਖਾਨ I

ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਤਪ ਕਰਿ ਤੁਰਕ ਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਨਾਸੁ I

ਅਤੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਤਪ ਭਜਨ ਸੀਸ ਦੇਣੇ ਕਰਿ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਹੋਣਾ ਹੈ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸੁ I੫੪I

The Sikhs of those times were Rehatvaan. They would stay hungry for many days because they would not eat food which was not considered Bibek. It is because of such Tap(staying hungry to stay within Hukam) that the enemy was defeated and it is the sacrifices made by these Tapee Bhagtee Gursikhs that will give birth to the glory of Khalsa.

In order for there to be Khalsa Raaj these Tapee Bhagtee Khalsa have to give their Sees(heads). Only then will the world see the glory of the Khalsa.
Guru Sahib will in his own time raise and do Prakash of the Tath Khalsa. He has no choice he has to keep Laaj of his Rehat.
He will to do Racheya!

ਸਰਬਲੋਹਜੀਦੀਸਦਾਰਛਿਆਹਮਨੈ ॥

tapoban.org
September 18, 2010 05:17AM
Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fatehh

Forgive this fool for interrupting this discussion, but can I bark a few points, if i may:

1) Veer Taan Singh ji and other likeminded - I know that you are not rubbishing Sarbloh, but do you see that it can be very damaging if people were to read your views and have dubidha in their minds with regard to keeping Sarbloh?

Taan Singh
Those who are close to Guru Sahib understand that we can reach Saachkhand level without the practice of Sarbloh without doubt
. Maaf karna for saying this, but putting even an ounce of doubt into someone over keeping rehit is not Gurmat.

2) I don't think any Gursikhs put more emphasis/focus on Sarbloh than Naam. Such is the nature of Naam that it is kept Gupt, and such is the nature of Sarbloh that it is put into the spotlight.

3) With regard to pseudo-Sarblohis (very rare these days), I do accept that it would be more suitable if you directly approach these persons and explain that keeping Sarbloh holds a high responsibility to keep ucha sucha jeevan. Or even better, approach a (real) Sarblohi Singh to express your concerns.

4) Lastly, please to ardas so fools like me can also be blessed with Sarbloh rehat, as well as Naam (Dana sir Daan)
September 18, 2010 07:19AM
Taan Singh you say that you dont want to talk about your personal spirituality, but then you drop in the line about being able to see who is in Sachkhand, very humble of you! I think I know who you are anyway, maybe you should say on here what you have said to me in person?

But back to the point, sometimes through our own weaknesses we start to make excuses, because the excuses make us feel better about ourselves. Just like Taan Singh, he cant for what ever reason keep sarblohi rehat, instead of saying im too weak, hes knocking srabloh, its a shame he has others following him, but thats what give him this pride and ego!

Personally I dont keep alot of rehats, but I dont start telling people that these rehats are pakhandi. Instead im the aalas moorakh, who is the unfortunate one that cant keep all of Guru Sahibs bachan.
September 18, 2010 08:00AM
Gupts, How do you know who is or is not a brahmgyani? Do they have a meter next to them showing you what level of spirituality they are? Personally I dont care for such darshan, theres only one darshan a Gursikh should care about and that is for Vaahiguru.

I could come on here and say iv had vaahigurus darshan and he told me that without keeping all rehats you cant have my darshan or go to sachkhand?
September 18, 2010 08:32AM
Aalas Moorakh, I think you've got the wrong person. I have never preached to anyone going against rehat. I am not even doing it now, but due to the pride of people they are making assumptions. No one follows me.

Vista, I will always directly ask someone who has Love and Care for me; Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Mata Sahib Kaur Ji and the Saints in Saachkhand - No one else, only they are my True Friends.

Kulbir Singh,

kvn su mukqI kvn su nrkw ]
kavan s mukathee kavan s narakaa ||
Who is liberated, and who will land in hell?

kvnu sYswrI kvnu su Bgqw ]
kavan saisaaree kavan s bhagathaa ||
Who is worldly, and who is a devotee?

kvn su dwnw kvnu su hoCw kvn su surqw kvnu jVw ]6]
kavan s dhaanaa kavan s hoshhaa kavan s surathaa kavan jarraa ||6||
Who is wise, and who is shallow? Who is aware, and who is ignorant? ||6||

hukmy mukqI hukmy nrkw ]
hukamae mukathee hukamae narakaa ||
By the Hukam of the Lord's Command, one is liberated, and by His Hukam, one falls into hell.

hukim sYswrI hukmy Bgqw ]
hukam saisaaree hukamae bhagathaa ||
By His Hukam, one is worldly, and by His Hukam, one is a devotee.

hukmy hoCw hukmy dwnw dUjw nwhI Avru DVw ]7]
hukamae hoshhaa hukamae dhaanaa dhoojaa naahee avar dhharraa ||7||
By His Hukam, one is shallow, and by His Hukam, one is wise. There is no other side except His. ||7||

It’s up to Vaheguru to decide who is a devotee and who is not and who should be given mukti and who should not. True Pyar for Vaheguru is what we are trying to develop through Naam. Pyar can be shown in different ways.

ijn qUM syivAw Bwau kir syeI purK sujwn ]
jin thoo(n) saeviaa bhaao kar saeee purakh sujaan ||
Those who have served You with love are truly wise.

iqnw ipCY CutIAY ijn AMdir nwmu inDwnu ]
thinaa pishhai shhutteeai jin a(n)dhar naam nidhhaan ||
Those who have the Treasure of the Naam within emancipate others as well as themselves.

gur jyvfu dwqw ko nhI ijin idqw Awqm dwnu ]2]
gur jaevadd dhaathaa ko nehee jin dhithaa aatham dhaan ||2||
There is no other Giver as great as the Guru, who has given the gift of the soul. ||2||

Awey sy prvwxu hih ijn guru imilAw suBwie ]
aaeae sae paravaan hehi jin gur miliaa subhaae ||
Blessed and acclaimed is the coming of those who have met the Guru with loving faith.

scy syqI riqAw drgh bYsxu jwie ]
sachae saethee rathiaa dharageh baisan jaae ||
Attuned to the True One, you shall obtain a place of honor in the Court of the Lord.

krqy hiQ vifAweIAw pUrib iliKAw pwie ]3]
karathae hathh vaddiaaeeaa poorab likhiaa paae ||3||
Greatness is in the Hands of the Creator; it is obtained by pre-ordained destiny. ||3||

Take the Bhagats for an example, it was their pyar they developed through many lives which took them as high as Karam khand and Guru Nanak Dev Ji let them through to Saachkhand due to the same thing, True Pyar. The same goes with Baba Harnam Singh Ji who practiced certain Rehits and japed Naam with intense Pyar and developed True Bhagti of Pyar for Vaheguru. Daas knows for a fact that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji sees Baba Harnam Singh as his equal because in the end it’s the Pyar that counts.

mÚ 5 ]
ma 5 ||
Fifth Mehla:

PrIdw aumr suhwvVI sMig suvMnVI dyh ]
fareedhaa oumar suhaavarree sa(n)g suva(n)narree dhaeh ||
Fareed, blessed is the life, with such a beautiful body.

ivrly kyeI pweIAin@ ijn@w ipAwry nyh ]2]
viralae kaeee paaeeanih jinhaa piaarae naeh ||2||
How rare are those who are found to love their Beloved Lord. ||2||

Once a Gursikh becomes a Jot Vigasee, there are levels of Bhramgyan and by practicing Spiritual and Physical rehits they bring us up to a certain level. But in the end they are all Bhramgyani Gurmukhs. Bapu Harbhajan Singh Ji would agree with this as he has himself said that Bhramgyan have different levels.

All the Bhagats had different modes of Pyar they showed to Vaheguru and Vaheguru accepted them all.

goibMd goibMd goibMd sMig nwmdyau mnu lIxw ]
gobi(n)dh gobi(n)dh gobi(n)dh sa(n)g naamadhaeo man leenaa ||
Naam Dayv's mind was absorbed into God, Gobind, Gobind, Gobind.

AwF dwm ko CIpro hoieE lwKIxw ]1] rhwau ]
aadt dhaam ko shheeparo hoeiou laakheenaa ||1|| rehaao ||
The calico-printer, worth half a shell, became worth millions. ||1||Pause||

bunnw qnnw iqAwig kY pRIiq crn kbIrw ]
bunanaa thananaa thiaag kai preeth charan kabeeraa ||
Abandoning weaving and stretching thread, Kabeer enshrined love for the Lord's lotus feet.

nIc kulw jolwhrw BieE gunIX ghIrw ]1]
neech kulaa jolaaharaa bhaeiou guneey geheeraa ||1||
A weaver from a lowly family, he became an ocean of excellence. ||1||

rivdwsu FuvMqw For nIiq iqin iqAwgI mwieAw ]
ravidhaas dtuva(n)thaa dtor neeth thin thiaagee maaeiaa ||
Ravi Daas, who used to carry dead cows every day, renounced the world of Maya.

prgtu hoAw swDsMig hir drsnu pwieAw ]2]
paragatt hoaa saadhhasa(n)g har dharasan paaeiaa ||2||
He became famous in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and obtained the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan. ||2||

sYnu nweI buqkwrIAw Ehu Gir Gir suinAw ]
sain naaee buthakaareeaa ouhu ghar ghar suniaa ||
Sain, the barber, the village drudge, became famous in each and every house.

ihrdy visAw pwrbRhmu Bgqw mih ginAw ]3]
hiradhae vasiaa paarabreham bhagathaa mehi ganiaa ||3||
The Supreme Lord God dwelled in his heart, and he was counted among the devotees. ||3||

ieh ibiD suin kY jwtro auiT BgqI lwgw ]
eih bidhh sun kai jaattaro out(h) bhagathee laagaa ||
Hearing this, Dhanna the Jaat applied himself to devotional worship.

imly pRqiK gusweIAw DMnw vfBwgw ]4]2]
milae prathakh gusaaeeaa dhha(n)naa vaddabhaagaa ||4||2||
The Lord of the Universe met him personally; Dhanna was so very blessed. ||4||2||

I have not gone against any Rehat but I firmly believe we can reach Bhramgyan without Sarbloh but to keep it is good.

VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh
September 18, 2010 08:53AM
Aalas Moorakh Wrote:
> Gupts, How do you know who is or is not a
> brahmgyani? Do they have a meter next to them
> showing you what level of spirituality they are?
> Personally I dont care for such darshan, theres
> only one darshan a Gursikh should care about and
> that is for Vaahiguru.

If someone is in Saachkhand, then that person is Bhramgyan. They did not take birth again. I have never asked them to come to me. When a sikh practices a lot of Naam abhiyaas, Gurmukhs from Saachkhand come to those gursikhs. Who said I don't care for Darshan for Vaheguru, thats what I yearn deeply from my heart.

> I could come on here and say iv had vaahigurus
> darshan and he told me that without keeping all
> rehats you cant have my darshan or go to
> sachkhand?

So you think what I said is all talk? I've only posted on this thread because I felt disrespect was shown to other Bharmgyanis. Look how much Pyar Guru Gobind Singh Ji had for Baba Harnam Singh, that when Baba Harnam Singh did ardas, Guru Gobind Singh came to him and gave him all his power and told him you can do whatever you like with it. Guru Gobind Singh ji also told Baba Harnam Singh to do his service. Why did he do that if he didn't have pyar for Guru Sahib?

No one here is putting Sarbloh bibek down. The more rehat you follow, the better. We should have respect for all Bharmgyanis and shouldn't assume their bhagti was nothing for them to go Saachkhand.

I'm not going to say anything more now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login