ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

kachere

Posted by vivek 
kachere
September 17, 2010 09:31AM
Which is the best material for getting kachere made? how does one explain in panjabi that the kachere requires 'brakes' at the bottom.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: kachere
September 17, 2010 11:05AM
I like pure cotton ones...!! coz they are the most comfortable...

any other material results in rashes.. =(
September 17, 2010 02:08PM
they should be made of cotton.

what are "brakes?" the best way to get kachhera made is to give the tailor a pair that you like already and have them copied.
September 18, 2010 04:07AM
well... have no idea about what those "brakes" are... but all i can say that the purpose of the kachera should be kept in mind and it should be long enough till about the knee length.. i think the kacheras nihung singhs wear are ideal ones..!! i try to copy their style kacheras... and they are cool... =)
September 18, 2010 07:31AM
Brakes mean that the Pauncha of the Kachhera should be such that if the Gursikh was to hang upside down, the Kachhera does not slide all the way up the thigh. In other words the Kachhera should not be too loose near the lower thigh. Some wear Kachhera that does not cover their nudeness when they even it cross legged. Their Kachhera slides all the way up the thigh. Such Kachhera is not Gurmat Kachhera. The brakes must apply so that the Kachhera does not slide up.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login