ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurgaddee Divas Hukamnama - October 1708

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
Bhai Pinderpal Singh Jee in his katha entitled "Guru Granth SahibJi Boldey Hun" (which can be listened at [www.keertan.org] ) describes the scene when Dasmesh Pita Sahib Siri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj gave Gurgaddee to Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj. Some Sikhs had doubts in their minds, and so they did Ardas to Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj, making a humble request and asking that since Kalgidhar Patshah Jee won't be around (in their opinion), will You be able to guide us through? Will You do kirpa on us? And the Hukamnama they got was as follows...

ਮਾਰੂ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Maaroo, Fifth Mehl:

ਖੁਲਿਆ ਕਰਮੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਭਈ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਈ ॥
Good karma has dawned for me - my Lord and Master has become merciful. I sing the Kirtan of the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har.

ਸ੍ਰਮੁ ਥਾਕਾ ਪਾਏ ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮਾ ਮਿਟਿ ਗਈ ਸਗਲੀ ਧਾਈ ॥੧॥
My struggle is ended; I have found peace and tranquility. All my wanderings have ceased. ||1||

ਅਬ ਮੋਹਿ ਜੀਵਨ ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਈ ॥
Now, I have obtained the state of eternal life.

ਚੀਤਿ ਆਇਓ ਮਨਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, has come into my conscious mind; I seek the Sanctuary of the Saints. ||1||Pause||

ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ਨਿਵਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬੈਰਾਈ ॥
Sexual desire, anger, greed and emotional attachment are eradicated; all my enemies are eliminated.

ਸਦ ਹਜੂਰਿ ਹਾਜਰੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਜਰੁ ਕਤਹਿ ਨ ਭਇਓ ਦੂਰਾਈ ॥੨॥
He is always ever-present, here and now, watching over me; He is never far away. ||2||

ਸੁਖ ਸੀਤਲ ਸਰਧਾ ਸਭ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਏ ਸੰਤ ਸਹਾਈ ॥
In peace and cool tranquility, my faith has been totally fulfilled; the Saints are my Helpers and Support.

ਪਾਵਨ ਪਤਿਤ ਕੀਏ ਖਿਨ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਕਥਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥
He has purified the sinners in an instant; I cannot express His Glorious Praises. ||3||

ਨਿਰਭਉ ਭਏ ਸਗਲ ਭੈ ਖੋਏ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਚਰਣ ਓਟਾਈ ॥
I have become fearless; all fear has departed. The feet of the Lord of the Universe are my only Shelter.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਵੈ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਾ ਰੈਣਿ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥੪॥੬॥
Nanak sings the Praises of his Lord and Master; night and day, he is lovingly focused on Him. ||4||6||

Another page to read this Shabad: [www.sikhitothemax.com]

Please note the pankti "ਸਦ ਹਜੂਰਿ ਹਾਜਰੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਜਰੁ ਕਤਹਿ ਨ ਭਇਓ ਦੂਰਾਈ", which is translated as "He is always ever-present, here and now, watching over me; He is never far away". Thus the Sikhs were convinced that Kalgidhar Patshah Jee is going nowhere and will eternally be near and with His Sikhs, always and forever.

What else can moorakh Mehtab Singh say, except ਐਸੇ ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਬਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈਐ ਆਪਿ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਤਾਰੈ

What more can khin khin bhoolanhaar rom rom gunehgaar Mehtab Singh say, except ਤੇਰੇ ਕਵਨ ਕਵਨ ਗੁਣ ਕਹਿ ਕਹਿ ਗਾਵਾ ਤੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਗੁਣੀ ਨਿਧਾਨਾ ॥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਬਰਨਿ ਨ ਸਾਕਉ ਤੂੰ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਊਚ ਭਗਵਾਨਾ ॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login