ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Differences Of So Daar Shabad

Posted by Vista 
Differences Of So Daar Shabad
September 02, 2010 07:13AM
We have all been reading So Daar Shabad for a long time. Bhai Joginder Singh Jee Talwara has put up a comparison of the differences where it appears in BaNee. I will scan Talwara jees one soon with the extra shabad of So Daar in Raag Aaasa.

This taken is from GurbaNee Darpan by Sant Gurbachan Singh jee.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Differences Of So Daar Shabad
September 02, 2010 07:33AM
Can anyone spread some light on the difference in meanings of the above shabads...??
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Guru Piyare Jio,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Here is the third shabad of So-dar on Panna 347:

Daas consider these three Shabads as a primary Gurbani Quiz for beginners of Gurbani Shudh Ucharan. Once you pay close attentions on difference of letters and words ones concentration towards Shudh ucharan increases many folds. This thought came to this daas several years ago to solve this quiz by putting above two Shabads side by side and with Guru Sahib's kirpa daas could make up to 54 differences out of first two Shabads without knowing that Bhai Sahib Talwara Jee and Giyani Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee also did it before. After findings I felt very ashamed that how ignorantly I read those two Shabads in daily Nitnem without knowing that while reciting Nitnem attention is required at least 50 times within a single shabad what to talk about whole Nitnem then whole Gurbani. Thanks Vista jio bringing this to sangat's attention.

Can anyone spread some light on the difference in meanings of the above shabads...??

I do not think that meanings among all three shabad changes much. However First So-dar is without any raag Second one is with raag Aasa Third one is with raag Aasa Ghar Pehla, which indicates there might be difference while singing. Rest Guru Sahib knows. Love to see Talwara Jee's finding on this.

With Regards,
Daas
Uthanka Guru Granth Sahib Ji written by Sadhu Singh explains why three different Sodar are there. Since I recently acquired it, I personally have not read the book. According to it, one Sodar was composed in hazoori of Akal Purakh (Gavan Tudhno), one answering Mata Tripta Ji (Jap Ji Sahib) and one answering Siddhas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login