ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thank you guru sahib, for freeing me from this!

Posted by 1kaur 
an interesting and eye-opening piece on newsweek about how much money women spend over their lifetimes on mutilating and decorating their bodies:

[www.newsweek.com]

i used to joke about how wearing a dastaar and keeping kes saves me money... but this is really shocking.

thank you guru sahib for freeing your singhneea from this pointless, time-consuming, and ridiculously expensive cycle!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
great find bhenji
yup great site

we should show it to some bibian winking smiley

oddslot
They seem to have considered only direct expenses incurred on hair, body, face, nails. Indirect harms may be much more. One uses time in all that. Health problems related with use of synthetic products also reported, sometimes.
i agree completely MB Singh Veerjee, the health problems from all of those procedures and products are many. i met one sikh girl who had a terrible infection covering her lower leg. she lost all of the kes there and much skin as well. after that there were horrible scars left behind. the cause of all this? a pedicure (toe nail cutting and painting) done under less than sanitary conditions. can you imagine? to suffer so much just for painted toes?

*sigh*

unfortunately, people usually see health risks and think "that won't happen to me". but when they see the actual monetary cost... well as they say, "money talks".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login