ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ideas for Gurmat Bibek Monthly/Biweekly

Posted by HSingh 
Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

After gursewak veer/bhain brought this absolutely mindblowing idea, i couldn't stop thinking about it.
so i went ahead and gave it a little thought, what sort of things could be included in this magazine, what would be the format and all that sort of stuff. I am starting this thread to get Sangataa to get their ideas together. please bring your ideas to the table.

The way i thought this could look like is that, it would include some of the top posts, articles and also some of the great poems that our veer's and bhainjee's have been coming up with, we could also take some of bhai sahib's articles or inspiring paragraphs from his books to put in there. once you've chosen what is gonna be included in the magazine, get the designer to put everything together, and make it available for print and pdf for the cybersangat.
getting it around for the cybersangat is very easy, there is sooo many email groups that we are part of and all our contacts etc. the trickier one will be to get it around for your local sangataa, i guess this is for locals to decide if they want to do that, find a local printer who can print it in a magazine format, and give it out at gurdwara's and other appropriate places, we can all put in a little bit of money in this too, ....not too much, ...just as much as you can smiling smiley

today i was just thinking about this, and i started to make a little mock idea cover design, it was done very quickly but i thought i'll still let the sangataa see and maybe we can take something from this.

[www.flickr.com]

Bhul Chuk dee Khimaa jee

Harveen Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Veer Harveen Singh jeeo, to be honest, this looks amazing and I love it.

We were contemplating about this idea of starting some sort of printed magazine for quite some time but now with Bhai Gursewak Singh jee, you and other Gursikhs having such good feelings about it, this project may start sooner than later. There is a need for a good monthly Gurmat magazine, a magazine which is focussed on Roohaniyat (spirituality), than anything else. The target market of this magazine would be Western Sikhs. It can have a mix of Punjabi and English articles.

Let some thoughts on this project flow.

Kulbir Singh
I agree with Gursewak bhainji. This is a much needed sewa and this site is best suited for taking up this sewa. The design posted by HSingh is inkeeping with this site too and looks almost perfect! Well done!
i'm not much of a writer, but i'll happily contribute any images if the sangat is interested in using them.

what a great idea, can't wait to see it in print!
let's think about articles which would be best for the 1st edition,

we deifinitley need an introduction, Bhai Kulbir Singh, i suggest you do that.

i personally would love to see Saacho Guru Gavacho re by Master Jee in the first one.

please come up with ideas. and anyone who does design work, please also contribute sevaa wise, my skills are very limited, as i have not done this for a long time,

it would be great to have someone who is very comfortable with InDesign, or any other layout Software.

I was also thinking, let's not limit us to certain amount of pages or any other limitations, let's just do stuff for now, and later we can think how we put everything together.

Harveen Singh
This one idea crossed Chatriks mind......
Chatrik was thinking if it would be possible to invite various Piarey Agiakari Gursikhs as writers to contribute to this magazine/forum from time to time.Especially, puratan Gursikhs of the Jatha. Where they can highlight/discuss gurmat veechars with the current generation. Among the names which come to my mind are:

BHai Harbhajan SIngh(Ananpur Sahib)
Master Jaswant SIngh ji.

Also thought that if we can get in touch with Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jis grandson,he should be requested to shed more light on Bhai Sahib's Jeevan.e.g.naratate stories from Bhai Sahib's jeevan. Dass is sure he can write more of which is unknown to us about BHai Sahib's jivan, as he spent his childhood with Bhai Sahib till he passed away.

Chota veer
that's a great idea veer,

Bhai Jasbir Singh (Mohali) lives very close to me, and he has some great stories from old times
he also was one of the main sevadaars for Soora, so he would be a good source.

Master Jee is like a professional, if anyone could get him to write a few articles that would be amazing.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I don't know if I can be of any help for this project but I would like to offer my support anyways. I am a very beginner writer and I love to write about Sikhi. But I have not taken Amrit yet and my knowledge is limited on Gurbani (I am hoping Waheguru Ji blesses me with Amrit next month and I am trying to learn Gurbani everyday). I don't know if I am worthy of doing seva but I do have a desire to do seva.

Please let me know if there is any seva for me. I am willing to do whatever is asked of me.

my email: kaur2004@hotmail.com
blog: [fromthese5tothose5.wordpress.com]

Thats great. Really happy that Guru Pyares have accepted and approved it.

HarminderKaur Bhenji,

Everyone could be of great help to this thought. Few things we all can do to make it a success

-- Forward it (software Version) to all the friends/families that use internet.
-- Try to print as many copies as we could in different locations of the world so that this could be made available worldwide.
-- Make a section on the site to get a database ready with the email contacts so that on a particular date the software version is emailed to all the Sangat (we all should help to build up this database through our contacts outside the Gurmatbibek world)
-- And last but not the least this site may need Sponsors to make it available to the users (specially Punjab) where Internet is less of an option.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
Maybe amritvela penji could add in a cooking section for us Singhs
WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa ll WaheGuruJiKiFateh ll

Wah!
Excellent vichaar.
I'm totally in favour of this.
Hope Guru Sahib does Kirpa.

WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa ll WaheGuruJiKiFateh ll
One thing to note is that we should be careful about using Gurbani, especicially if we are expecting people to print the magazine. At the very least have a warning advising the audience to do agan bhet of any printed literature.

For an online version we can include favourite kirtan links, vichar on gurbani, videos, audios, both English and Punjabi articles etc. Love the idea of having a cooking section, look forward to some yummy recipes and the input from guest writers.

Veer Ji,

I am not very good with computers but I would like to do seva. I would like to start sending my dasvand as soon as you let us know how.

I will also love to pass this out to Sikhs, once its ready.

I am not sure if the admins on this site would like the idea of collecting Dasvand from individuals, i personally dont like that as well.

The better thing to do would be make a group of people around, and use the money you want to spend to distribute to the Sangat (by posts,personally or whatever possible ways).

The admins on the site could give better ideas how we want to manage and make sure that this thing goes along smoothly , with the faith of all that the KARAZ is only and only Gurmat Prachar. We just dont want to start another RASALA like so many others around. we want to involve all interested and make a joint effort to make it a success Prachar Sadhan by By guru Sahib's Kirpa to get his SAVALI Nazzar of his Mehar/Kirpa.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
Here are the key topics i think we can start this Monthly edition with

1) One Gurmat Article
2) History/Dasrhan of one Gurdwara Sahib
3) Jeevan of one Gurmukh Pyarae
4) Gurmat Quiz of abt 15-20 Questionares
5) Bibek Recipies
6) And not to forget one of our special GurmatBibek Poetries

Now we all can contribute to the above topics, For example Person A,B,C,D,E can collectively write on Akal Takht Sahib for the September Edition and Bibis 3,5,7, can collectively contribute to the SWADIST preparation of Bibek Sarblohi Pizaa and Fulfallas (they are very tasty beileve me smiling smiley ).

Lets add more topics to the above list and also Sangat can start choosing the topics they would like to contribute to. I think Admin is also looking for a joint collective effort.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki fateh!

Veer Ji,

I am sorry, I must have misunderstood. When I read sponsor, I thought we need sponsors for funds to get this out to people India. I can't sponsor any effort to spread the word of Waheguru Ji because he doesn't need any sponsor. But I thought, I could give dasvand.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bibis 3,5,7, can collectively contribute to the SWADIST preparation of Bibek Sarblohi Pizaa and Fulfallas

Ha Ha, This is discrimination. Why not every person is expected to do that sewa. eye popping smiley
Just a couple of things that came into my mind,

Let's add more than just one Gurmat article in there.
like Bhai Kulbir Singh said, it should be more spiritual than anything else.
the idea for having recipes is great, but when you think about it, would that not just be useful to Gursikhs keeping Bibek da pehra. other sangataa will be like why are there recipes in a gurmat inspired magazine, just a thought.

Unjaan Jee, stated a very important point,
Satkaar of Gurbaani, if we get these printed at our local areas, we should make it very clear for the readers to respect it properly. maybe we shouldn't print in a big mass, another singh suggested take the names of people who want to take a copy with them, then collect them all at the end of the month. i'm not sure what the best way is for this, but there must be a way. have a think.

Like i said before, it would be great if we can put Master Jee's article on Larheevaar Saroop in there in english and punjabi, because so many people don't even know about this issue, and it is important that people know.

Bhul Chuk dee Khima

Harveen Singh
gursewak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here are the key topics i think we can start this
> Monthly edition with
>
> 1) One Gurmat Article
> 2) History/Dasrhan of one Gurdwara Sahib
> 3) Jeevan of one Gurmukh Pyarae
> 4) Gurmat Quiz of abt 15-20 Questionares
> 5) Bibek Recipies
> 6) And not to forget one of our special
> GurmatBibek Poetries
>
> Lets add more topics to the above list and also
> Sangat can start choosing the topics they would
> like to contribute to.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

1) Events from each day in the month from history could be put in. i.e. a sort of what happened on this day in our history for example today 17th August
12th Shahidhi Jatha of 500 valiant Akali Satyagrahies, under the leadership of Jathaedar Sardar Sucha Singh from Moga, left Amritsar for Jiato, in 1924
The foundation stone was laid for Sri Guru Ram Das Sarai in 1931
This information can be found on [www.allaboutsikhs.com]

2) A uncommon Sakhi from each month could be put in.

3) If Punjabi calendar is used then the Gurbani from that month from Baareh Maahaa Maajh and/ or Baareh Maahaa Tukhari could be put in with a small explanation on is being told to us by Guru Ji for that month.

I think if the Punjabi calendar is used the above point could be included, if western calendar this could not be done. It's up to the Sangat to chose which calendar should be used. I know like dass many others are unfamiliar with the Punjabi calendar so using it could teach people like me the months and their importance according to Gurbani.

4) Maybe each month could have a Chapter from a less known Gurmat book.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh
Thanks to all contributors for giving some great ideas. Starting a monthly Gurmat magazine geared towards the Western Sikh is a very noble idea.

The Admin team is currently reviewing and analyzing this project and if Guru Maharaj allows, this project will surely see the light of day.

We will keep you all posted about the progress in this project.

Admin.
Bole So Nihaal - Sat Sri Akal !!

Thanks to the admin team for BENTI PARWAAN !!. Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan we could add TIL FUL to make it successful.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login