ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Naam Drir Punj Pyareh

Posted by Wahegurulove 
Naam Drir Punj Pyareh
August 05, 2010 08:28AM
After Bhai Sahib recieved naam drir from guru sahib, how were the first punj pyareh set up?
Did others already have Naam drir, was it still practiced by any panthic jathebhandis during bhai sahibs time?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Naam Drir Punj Pyareh
August 05, 2010 06:28PM
yea i was wondering that too maybe bhai kulbir singh ji can answer it thoroughly
August 07, 2010 05:28AM
ya why is it that only the AKJ practice this?

oddslot
August 07, 2010 10:49AM
The practice of Naam Drir not unique to AKJ nor it is an invention of AKJ. There are accounts of Bhai Sahib doing Naam Abhyaas along with Singhs of other Jathas which proves that those Singhs too had Naam DriR. It just so happened that at the specific Amrit Sinchaar Smaagam organized by Panch Khalsa Diwan, at village Bakapur, the Maryada of Naam DriR was broken, when a person outside of Punj Pyare, came to Bhai Sahib and gave Gurmantr in his ear. Bhai Sahib was deeply disturbed when this happened and for this reason Naam DriR did not happen to Bhai Sahib at the time of Amrit Sinchaar.

As for the first Punj Pyare, there were many Singhs in Panth at that time who had Naam DriR and who were aware of the Saas-Giraas Vidhi of Naam Abhyaas. Even Sant Attar Singh has mentioned this Vidhi and so has Bhai Mani Singh in his book.

Kulbir Singh
August 08, 2010 09:17AM
Kulbir Singh
As for the first Punj Pyare, there were many Singhs in Panth at that time who had Naam DriR and who were aware of the Saas-Giraas Vidhi of Naam Abhyaas. Even Sant Attar Singh has mentioned this Vidhi and so has Bhai Mani Singh in his book.

Yes, I read that Bhai Bao Mal Singh Jee was already familiar with the technique before meeting Bhai Sahib.

Also, as we have seen from Jail Chittian it is no big deal for someone like Bhai Sahib to do ardaas and then someone would automatically be blessed with the saas-giraas vidhi of naam abhyaas. This happened when one of the fellow jailbirds asked Bhai Sahib what is the technique to jap naam, Bhai Sahib of course replied that they have no authority to disclose this technique but at the Singh Sahib's behest they performed ardaas and within moments they too were enjoying naam abhiyaas. So even if there was not enough Singhs for the Punj Pyare this could have been easily remedied.
August 08, 2010 11:16PM
Veer Jaskirat Singh Ji, would you please give the page no. for that incident in the book.

Also, as we have seen from Jail Chittian it is no big deal for someone like Bhai Sahib to do ardaas and then someone would automatically be blessed with the saas-giraas vidhi of naam abhyaas.
August 12, 2010 04:12PM
MB Singh
Veer Jaskirat Singh Ji, would you please give the page no. for that incident in the book.

Also, as we have seen from Jail Chittian it is no big deal for someone like Bhai Sahib to do ardaas and then someone would automatically be blessed with the saas-giraas vidhi of naam abhyaas.

Bhai Sahib, sorry I couldn't find the page number. I would have to re-read the book to try and find it, maybe someone else can provide? The scenario was something like this I think: The prison guard walked past japping Naam and then Bhai Sahib asked him "Where did you learn to do that?" Then the guard replied that the jailbird in the other cell was doing it just like this. (The Singh Sahib that Bhai Sahib had done the ardaas for)
August 12, 2010 04:54PM

Bhai Sahib, sorry I couldn't find the page number. I would have to re-read the book to try and find it, maybe someone else can provide? The scenario was something like this I think: The prison guard walked past japping Naam and then Bhai Sahib asked him "Where did you learn to do that?" Then the guard replied that the jailbird in the other cell was doing it just like this. (The Singh Sahib that Bhai Sahib had done the ardaas for)

This incident I believe occurred in Hazari Bagh jail and the guard was probably Sadhu Radha Singh. I will try to find who the person was. Perhaps it was Kirpa Singh. This Singh used to do jaap of Sohang Mantra and used to do it so secretly that no one knew about it. When Bhai Sahib unwittingly told him that the Jaap of Sohang Mantra actually increases Haume, the Singh was astonished beyond belief. He asked Bhai Sahib how he knew about this. Bhai Sahib replied that such knowledge is the work of left hand of a Singh i.e. an extremely effortless task for Singhs. At that point he requested Bhai Sahib for Gurmat Naam and Bhai Sahib said that only the Punj Pyare can tell him the Naam. There was no way, he could get pesh at the Darbaar of Punj Pyare because he had no chance of getting released from jail. At that point, Bhai Sahib did Ardaas for him and that's when by divine Kirpa of Guru Sahib, this Singh started doing Swaas Swaas Naam Abhyaas. Guru Sahib did kirpa on him.

Kulbir Singh
August 12, 2010 11:02PM
Yes Veer Ji that is page no. 162-163 of Jail Chithian. It is true that Bhai Sahib Ji did Ardaas for him. But Bhai Sahib has never written that he did Ardaas for Naam Drir for him. The editor of the book, of his own, has used these words, to make the title for this incident, i.e. ਭਾਈ ਹੀਰਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਲਈ ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਅਰਦਾਸ . Bhai Sahib Ji reports the condition of Bhai Hira Singh and then writes,ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਉਕਸਾਹਟ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਈ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਗੇ ਇਸ ਨਾਮਿਤ ਗੁਪਤ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਅਰਪਨ ਹੋਵੇ. And after that Bhai Sahib writes as below. ਏਧਰ ਆਪਣੀ ਕੋਠੀ ਵਿਚ ਦਾਸ ਭੀ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀ ਨਾਮਿਤ ਗੁਪਤ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਵਿਚ ਜੁਟ ਗਿਆ, ਸਾੰਨੂ ਪਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਦੋਂ ਸਮਾਪਤ ਹੋਈ ਅਤੇ ਕਿਸ ਬਿਧ ਹੋਈ . After that is reported the condition of Bhai Hira Singh and Bhai Radhja Singh.

So, the words used by Veer Jaskirat Singh are slightly misleading about the incident.

Bhai Sahib of course replied that they have no authority to disclose this technique but at the Singh Sahib's behest they performed ardaas and within moments they too were enjoying naam abhiyaas.
Bhai Sahib even does not write that Bhai Hira Singh asked him to do Ardaas for him.

Anyway, Veer Ji has given us the chance to read the chapter again. That is inspiring.
August 12, 2010 11:50PM
kulbir singh
Bhai Sahib unwittingly told him that the Jaap of Sohang Mantra actually increases Haume

veerjee, what is sohang mantra?
August 13, 2010 09:25AM
Sohang is a mantra that people who believe in Advait mat do jaap of. It means "I AM THAT" meaning "I am God". By continuously doing jaap of this Mantra eventually Haume develops, because you start to believe that you are Vaheguru.
August 14, 2010 01:23PM
So were the 23 Mahapurkhs in Rangle Sajan Jatha Singhs, or were they just Singhs who already had naam drir and same beliefs as Bhai sahib?
August 14, 2010 03:10PM
Sorry! I do apologise if words were misleading Bhai Sahib, there was no bad intention, I was just writing about the incident from memory, I was not wise enough to check the incident beforehand from the book. So Bhai Hira Singh Jee did not ask for ardaas to be performed, but seeing their situation out of compassion Bhai Sahib did so.
August 14, 2010 07:28PM
Nothing to apologize Veer Jaskirat Singh Ji. You were right in your reporting the incident. But the issue under discussion was so delicate in nature that, we have to resort to the actual words of Bhai Sahib Ji. Plesae do not mind Ji.
August 15, 2010 11:41AM
Vaheguru smiling smiley Certainly don't mind jee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login