ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gursikhi Love

Posted by Vista 
Gursikhi Love
June 22, 2010 03:39AM
Here is a beautiful story of Gursikhi Love, When to premis of Vaheguru meet, it is like a electric power station of Naam. I posted this before by i liked it so much, that i just had to make a thread on it, sorry jee

Meetings with Giani Baba Kartar Singh Jee (Bhindran Wale)

Bhai Jeevan Singh jee used to be invited by Giani Baba Kartar Singh jee Bhindran Wale to do Keertan at Mehtaa. It has been said that Baba jee would wait at the train station for Bhai Sahib and the Akhand Kirtani Jatha Singhs to come. When Bhai Sahib jee used to get off the train Baba jee would rush to the train to greet Bhai Sahib. When they would meet they would embrace one another with so much pyaar. Baba jee held Bhai Sahib jee in great regard. Baba jee himself would serve Bhai Jeevan Singh jee langar with his own hands. Whenever Bhai Jeevan Singh jee would enter the Diwaan where Baba Kartar Singh jee would be doing Kathaa, Baba jee would stop the Kathaa and say request Gurmukh pyaare Bhai Jeevan Singh jee to do keertan for the Sangat.

If anyone else has more sakhiyaa please do share jee!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Gursikhi Love
June 22, 2010 04:24AM
ਜਨੁਨਾਨਕੁਮਾਗੈਧੂੜਿਤਿਨਜੋਗੁਰਸਿਖਮਿਤਪਿਆਰੇ||੧||
Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of those GurSikhs who love the Lord, their Friend

Arrival

The love with which the invitation for the Poh Sude Saptmee smaagam was sent, resulted in a thirst within the Gursikh families to arrive at the Smaagam. Slowly the day would arrive and the Singhs and Singhnees would depart for Narnagvaal with enthusiasm. From Ludhiana, the Sangat would arrive at Kila Raipur Station. Old Baba NaraiN Singh jee would have arrived in the dark of night with a lamp. He would take the Sangat to his house which was near the station and the old couple would by hand serve the Sangat. Mata jee would wash the dishes, Baba jee would pump water for the Sangat's baths, and then he would lead the Sangat to Narangvaal.

The Gurmukh friends would proceed singing the praises of the Husband-Lord and sing to please him. On the other side (in Narangvaal) there was no less thirst to meet.

When the slightest sound of keertan could be heard, Bhai Sahib and other darshan-thirsty Gursikhs would go to meet the Jatha with a vaja and dholkee. The two groups would stand before each other and keertan filled with vairaag would echo. Bhai Saahib would sing such shabads as "DhooRee vich luDandRee sohaa(n) Nanak tai shah naalay" and others. An ardaas would be performed. After doing a dandaut, Fateh would be said. The Sangat would meet each other with teary eyes in way that is hard to describe. The way Gursikhs met was a very notable and unparalleled thing. In tight embraces, both sides would rattle the Khanda of Naam and by themselves, naam abhyaas would automatically make their souls blossom.

Vaheguroo!
June 22, 2010 05:26AM
VAHEGURU!
And then there was Gursikhi prem between Bhai Sahib Bhai Fauja Singh Ji and Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale.
June 22, 2010 06:31AM

yogi bhajan and baba nihaal singh sharing the love. smiling smiley
June 22, 2010 07:03AM
description of 3HO meeting with AKJ sikhs in 1977, by Raj Bir Kaur Khalsa Eugene, Oregon

In the fall of 1977 I joined the yatra to India. During this trip, by Guru's grace I met some of our most beautiful and inspiring Khalsa brothers and sisters, the Bhai Randhir Singh Jatha.

My first encounter with the Bhai Randhir Singh Jatha was during our first village trip to one of their Jatha's personal homes, near the town of Jullandar. As we arrived, the day had be come quite warm. The home itself was clean and simple and set in the peace ful surroundings of farm land. Next to the home, a large colorful tent had been erected for the Gurdwara. The Gurd wara service was already in progress as we departed from the buses. The Bhai Randhir Singh Jatha received us grac iously with open hearts. They invited us to their home, to rest and partake in some breakfast.

Slowly everyone began to congre gate under the large tent to join to­gether in reciting Gurbani Kirtan. I will never forget the experience of being in Gurdwara that day. I can clearly remember walking up towards the Guru to pay my respects, and hearing an incredibly spirited sangat of Khalsa brothers and sisters chanting the Guru's hymns. I went to sit down be hind them. As I sat listening and watch­ing them, I became immersed in their powerful, spirited performances of singing God's praises. All were dressed in the garb of Guru Gobind Singh. The group of ragis was large and tightly knit with several of them adding to the rhythm of the sound by playing me tallic percussion-like instruments.

I was enthralled when I first heard and saw the Bhai Randhir Singh Sikhs break into a continuous, vigorous and energetic recitation of "Wahe Guru". Their faces were so radiant and medi tative as they rhythmically tossed their heads to one side in unison while chanting. It was contagious and I soon found myself joining them.

The energy was very high as we all chanted together. I began to feel a peace and tranquility created among us. A link between the new Western Khalsa and the Bhai Randhir Singh Sikhs was becoming manifest, a link never to be denied or broken. I cannot remember when I last felt so much at home. I had no reservations at the thought of spending my life with them.

They always seemed to give their all, whether in kirtan or serving langar lines. In the eyes and faces of the Bhai Randhir Singh Jatha, I became aware that a life of service to God and Guru was the key to fulfillment and radiant happiness.

What more is there in this lifetime for a Guru Sikh, than to be in the company of the Holy, leading a simple well-disciplined life of worship and ser nice? My prayer is that all Sikhs may be as one-pointed in their devotion to humanity and God's service.

there are more great stories of love between khalsa of two different worlds, as well as letters of shaheed bhai fauja singh jee from jail, all at this link:

[www.mrsikhnet.com]
June 22, 2010 07:55AM
Beautiful stories of Gursikhi Pyaar. Thanks for sharing Vista jeeo and Bhain jeeo.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
June 22, 2010 07:57AM
Regarding the first story from Vista jee, on these occasions when Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee would come and do Keertan at Mehta. Sant Kartar Singh Jee as well as personally distributing Langar, they would also prepare KaRah Prashad for all the Gursikhs at the samapti of the smagam smiling smiley
June 22, 2010 08:37AM
Bhai Sukhdev Singh's Relationship With Sant Jarnail Singh

Since 1980, the Indian Security Forces had come to know of a youth called Sukhdev Singh, and had began to hunt him. So Bhai Sahib permanently shifted all command operations to Siri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. It was here that stayed from 1980 till 1984. Babbar Khalsa had come into existence here.

Sant Jarnail Singh had established the Dharam Yudh Morcha. Bhai Sahib fully supported this movement. He also wished all the youth of Punjab to leave intoxicants and become Sikhs of the Guru.

Sant Jarnail Singh ji was also a highly spiritual and visionary Gursikh. He knew since the Shaheedi of Jathedar Fauja Singh, that hard times would fall on Sikhs and they needed to become Shahsterdhari (armed). He also knew anti-Panthik forces would do everything to divide the Sikh Youth to ensure that Sikh demands are not met. The Sikh youth who were brave and full of spirit were in two Jathebandies; - Damdami Taksal and Akhand Kirtani Jatha. During the early 1980s, a meeting occurred between Sant Jarnail Singh ji and Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara. Bhai Amolak Singh was also sent to represent the youth as no organisation had formed at the time of this meeting. In this meeting it was agreed that no issues that divided these two groups would ever be allowed stop the common cause of the Sikh Nation.

Later as Babbar Khalsa came into existence, Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale held them in high respect, and they are often mentioned in his lectures. Names like Bhai Kulwant Singh Nagoke, Bhai Manjit Singh Babbar are mentioned frequently.

Meeting in Jail

When Sant Jarnail Singh ji was in prison after being arrested in Chowk Metha, it was national news. Bhai Sukhdev Singh and Bhai Wadhava Singh walked into the police station armed with guns. The police realising who had just walked in, ran for their lives. Bhai Sukhdev Singh asked Sant ji to come with them and continue his Parchaar. Sant Jarnail Singh ji said he appreciated their courage, but has no need to go underground. Sant ji said his release had already been arranged legitimately.

Sant Ji respected the way Bhai Sukhdev Singh had quickly dealt with the Nirankaris "7 Sitarees" (their equivalent to our Punj pyares). Also how he had planned how Bhai Ranjit Singh would infiltrate Nirankari Baba Gurbachana house, and numerous other high profile actions.

Sacha Sukha (Truthful Sukha)

During 1983-84, the security services tried to divided the Singhs. It had been the wish of the security services that Sikh youth fight amongst themselves, creating enemies, and opportunities which could be used to gather information from rivals, and start them eliminating each other.
Some infiltrators dressed up as Singhs and robbed a Hindu mans store in Amritsar. They told him to leave Punjab or he will be killed. They pretended to be Sant Bhindranwales men. The distraught hindu shop keeper went to Darbaar sahib, and was told by sangat to see Bhai Sukhdev Singh, who was based at Baba Atal Sahib Gurdwara. Bhai Sukhdev Singh was upset that people are doing this is Gursikhi Baana (clothes), as it gives Gursikhs a bad name. When the Babbar Khalsa Singhs located these infiltrators, Bhai Sukhdev Singh got a laathi, ( a long Danda- wooden stick), tied them upside down from a tree and beat them with it. He made them give all the money back, and told them never to threaten any innocent again.

Other infiltrators tried to stoke up the Taksali Singhs against Babbars saying Sukhdev Singh had beat up these Singhs. Many rumours were circulated to get one group against another. Some of these rumours later even got published in books, to ferment differences between the groups. But Sant Ji knew this was not correct, and instead started refering to Jathedar Sukhdev Singh ji as "Saccha Sukha", (The Truthful Sukha).

Both Sant Ji and Bhai Sahib knew their fight was not against innocents. Sant ji, too was called in press as a Hindu hater, but facts show he was highly respected by many Hindus. The fight was only against those who choose to destroy Sikhism.

Even today, in books written about the Operation BlueStar refer to differences between the two leaders, which are baseless. Sant Logowal and Gurcharan Singh Tohra, both key Akali leaders at that time also sought to divide Sukhdev Singh and Sant ji. They were afraid of the growing prominence of Sant ji and the amount of youth with him. The only person capable of standing against him, who also had a lot of youth with him was Bhai Sahib. So these leaders also indulged in rumour mongering to divide the two Gurmukhs, and associated themselves with the Babbars.

Bhai Sahib realised these forces that were at work and so did Sant ji. Both shared a mutual respect and their common cause. However no differences directly arose between the two Gursikhs, despite the attempts of many. Both fought together at Operation Blue Star.
June 22, 2010 08:57AM
Humble request to all contributors; unless the stories are written by you, please do provide source of the stories posted here.

Admin.
June 22, 2010 09:47AM
[www.panthic.org]
June 22, 2010 10:19AM
sikhnet.com narrated unknown
old tapoban.org forum
July 28, 2010 11:55AM
This was written by Bhai Joginder Singh Jee TalwaRa as one of the forewards to Se Kinehiya Book by Bhai Seva Singh Jee on life of Baba Harnaam Singh Jee Rampur Khere Vale, I thought it was very fitting for this thread:

Even though Baba Ji had a firm belief in the gurmat way of life, he always had due regard and respect for the thoughts of others. One example of this, to follow, would help gursikh families immensely. My mother left for the heavenly abode. Sehaj path was recited for her departed soul. All near and dear, kith and kin were invited to attend the last prayers and Ardas for her. This humble servant (Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara) sent a message to Baba Ji, through our close friend Dr Pritam Singh, asking Baba Ji to attend the ceremony. It was made clear to Dr Pritam Singh, to tell Baba Ji that the bhog ceremony of the Sehaj path will be completed at “mundawani” only. Dr Pritam Singh gave Baba Ji the letter of invitation and the verbal message too. After receiving the message, Baba Ji fell silent and replied, “We should attend on the basis that we are all linked as gursikhs, into one family of the Guru.”

Thus, Baba Ji participated in the final prayer ceremony of my mother and obliged me. This is a shining example of the regard Baba Ji had for all gursikhs. He showed, practically, that we are all gursikhs of the Guru, belonging to one family of the Guru. Despite ideological differences, opinions on issues, he never sacrificed mutual love, respect and co-operation among gursikhs. The great Guru likes the fact that in spite of differences, gursikhs sit together with mutual respect and honour one another. So, the task of writing this book about the supreme Saint and true follower of the Guru is praiseworthy. The motive behind writing this book is only to describe the boons and blessings showered on gursikhs, who adopt the Guru ward path to salvation. It is to inspire the newcomers to spirituality on their path to salvation. This book shows the greatness of Waheguru, of naam meditation, of the Guru and of blessed persons who toiled hard to earn the wealth of naam. In doing so, they were accepted at the door of Waheguru. They deserve to be called great…

safal janam har jan kaa upji-aa jin keeno sa-ut biDhaataa
Profitable is the birth and advent of the Lord’s slave Who has praised the Lord of such meritorious children?
(Devgandhari 5 Guru, 532)

Humble servant,
Joginder Singh (Talwara) 29.12.1990 Amritsar
July 28, 2010 01:29PM
Jaskirat Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Thus, Baba Ji participated in the final prayer
> ceremony of my mother and obliged me. This is a
> shining example of the regard Baba Ji had for all
> gursikhs. He showed, practically, that we are all
> gursikhs of the Guru, belonging to one family of
> the Guru. Despite ideological differences,
> opinions on issues, he never sacrificed mutual
> love, respect and co-operation among gursikhs. The
> great Guru likes the fact that in spite of
> differences, gursikhs sit together with mutual
> respect and honour one another.

ਅਰੁ ਜਹਾਂ ਜਹਾਂ ਜਾਇ ਸੰਗੁ ਇਕੱਠੇ ਹੋਨੇ ਦਾ ਹੋਵੈ, ਉਥੈ ਆਪਸ ਮੈਂ ਅਦਬ ਭਾਓੁ ਪਿਆਰ ਕਰਨਾ। ਬੈਠਣਾ ਅਦਬ ਨਾਲਿ, ਬੋਲਣਾ ਅਦਬ ਨਾਲਿ, ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦ ਖਾਣਾ ਪੀਣਾ
ਅਦਬ ਨਾਲਿ। ਐਸਾ ਚ ਭਾਓੁ ਕਰਨਾ ਆਪਸ ਵਿਚਿ ਜੋ ਜੈਸਾ ਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਅਦਬ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ । ਬਹੁਤ ਬੋਲਣਾ ਨਾਹੀ। ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦ ਨਾਲਿ ਪਿਆਰ ਰਖਨਾ.
Prem Sumarag

smiling smiley
July 28, 2010 10:45PM
Bhai Sahib Bhai Basant Singh ji is deeply engraved in my mind......

Bhai Basant Singh

Rangley Sajjan,CHAPTER 10, Bhai Basant Singh Sekhwan..
.....They(Bhai Basant Singh jis family) all got baptized and became followers of the Sikh Code, Rehat. One day the entire family prayed to the entire Sangat( divinely colored Jatha sangat of the past ) tearfully, that Bhai Basant Singh might be directed to stay with them at their village Sekhwan. Their emotional attachment to him badly required his presence amongst them. They accepted his break with business activities to engage in divine devotion as a full-time occupation. His very sight was their life-support and not only the family but also many others around would benefit from his religious pourings. This would also give rise to Akhand Kirtan Samagams in the village. This was a genuine and very moving supplication.

The pure Gurmat-Oriented request was accepted and Vir Basant Singh directed to live with his family. He was thus bound to comply with the direction and left with his family. In leaving he started walking backward for as long as could see us with his fixed gaze towards us. His companions were supporting him from behind, as if this love-intoxicated being was getting torn away much against his wishes. Thus he finally reached his village. .....................

if one is to visualize such scene....surge of vairaag and anand just sets in... ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ

Chota veer
July 29, 2010 04:43AM
There is an incident written in a book I read saying how Akhand Kirtani Jatha would hold a monthly rehansbhai at Manji Sahib in the Darbar Sahib complex. As Sant Jarnail Singh was staying at Guru Nanak Niwas Sant Jee with his jatha would attend Sant Jee was listening to Bibi Amarjeet Kaur (Bhai Sahib Fauja Singhs wife) reciting the shabad ham rulathae firathae koee baath n pooshhathaa gur sathigur sa(n)g keerae ham thhaapae. Whenever Bibi Jee did Keertan Sant Jee would always ask Bibi Jee to sing this shabad. Both Jathe would listen to krtan till the end on the rehansbhai.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login