ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurbani Abhiyaas Vs Swas Swas Naam Abhiyaas

Posted by harinder_singh 
I have seen many gursikhs who have long hours of gurbani abhiyaas but dont keep dietary bibek. Infact, there are even meat-eating amritdharis and nihangs who have decent gurbani abhiyaas routines with good amritvelaas.
But, I have not found a single gursikh who does not keep dietary bibek and is a naam abhiyaasi with 2.5-3 hours of Gurmat Naam Abhiyaas swas swas simran.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
If you read Ragbhir Singhs Book BandigNama he states he only to a certain stage because of meat eating and couldn't progress.

As stated by Gursikhs before GurbaNee is Naam roop in a different form. There is no difference

I feel that you could of point a better and more quality post than this Bhai Sahib jee

bhul chuk maafi.
Veer Harinder Singh Ji has come up with important observation that why it is so that we do see Gurbani Prem in Non Bibeki Khalsa but Naam Prem is less common in Non Bebeki Khalsa.
In my view this topic is just a hindrance and will not bring much benefit of envoking love for Naam/BaNee. Guru Sahib & Gursikh di ithaas.
I have found people who do a lot more hours of Simran everyday than 2. And they work and support families too,

- Mohan!
Vista Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you read Ragbhir Singhs Book BandigNama he
> states he only to a certain stage because of meat
> eating and couldn't progress.
>
> As stated by Gursikhs before GurbaNee is Naam roop
> in a different form. There is no difference
>
> I feel that you could of point a better and more
> quality post than this Bhai Sahib jee
>
> bhul chuk maafi.

Tatt hukam of Gurbani is to japp Gurmantar(naam) with Gurmat vidhi (swas swas).
One can obtain a pretty decent avastha with Gurbani Abhiyaas alone and amritdharis who put efforts for Gurbani Abhiyaas shud be appreciated, at the same time, this shud not be used to belittle the importance of Naam Abhiyaas.
There is a strong connection between Naam Abhiyaas(swas swas) and dietary bibek.
It is a blessing. Nobody knows who will get it and when. Those moments are itself a gift.

ਏਹ ਕਿਨੇਹੀ ਦਾਤਿ ਆਪਸ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
What sort of gift is this, which we receive only by our own asking?
ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾ ਕਰਮਾਤਿ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੁਠੈ ਜੋ ਮਿਲੈ ॥੧॥
O Nanak, that is the most wonderful gift, which is received from the Lord, when He is totally pleased. ||1||
Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has written that those who do a lot of Gurbani Paath but have not yet engaged in Naam Abhyaas will surely get Naam Abhyaas because doing Paath of Paras-Kala waali Gurbani does not go waste. Naam Abhyaas will come automatically with Gurbani, if not in this life then in the next life but it will come like thunderstorm that will erase all sins and bless the seeker with Ajappa Jaap of Naam. Gurbani Kirtan, Gurbani Paath and Gurbani writing enhances the quality of Naam.

Dietary Bibek and all other Rehits are important aids in Naam Abhyaas and as the seeker progresses in spirituality, he or she will surely keep all these Rehits. Blessed are those who keep all Rehit, do hours of Gurbani Paath and Ajapa Jaap of Naam, all at the same time. It's all a blessing of Guru Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
My intention to start this topic was not to undermine non-bibeki singhs who do lots of Gurbani. Infact, I posted a topic "smart parchar for sehajdharis" which is being done by non-bibeki singhs.
I just wanted to know if such a singh/singhnee exists who does not keep dietary bibek but still has 2.5-3 hours of regular amritvela with swas swas abhiyaas (not simple waheguru waheguru but naam drirh swas swas abhiyaas).
harinder singh
I just wanted to know if such a singh/singhnee exists who does not keep dietary bibek but still has 2.5-3 hours of regular amritvela with swas swas abhiyaas (not simple waheguru waheguru but naam drirh swas swas abhiyaas).

Know of a person who left sikhi and cut his kesh as a teen. Later in life he attained realization. Kept amrit wela, hours of simran, & a lot of gurbani abhiyass.
Not sure about swas swas.

Chota veer
Bhai Rama Singh was not sarblohi, he did minimum 14 hours simran a day. Same for puranjee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login