ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shabad Veechar: First accept Death...

Posted by piyasi chatrik 
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ !

Dass, have in the past has pondered on this pangti but was unable to find any answers that will remove my doubts.(translations just don't quite do the job ) Dass hopes veechar on this Satguroo's Hukam can be done here.

ਸਲੋਕਮ: ੫ ॥

ਪਹਿਲਾਮਰਣੁਕਬੂਲਿਜੀਵਣਕੀਛਡਿਆਸ ॥

ਹੋਹੁਸਭਨਾਕੀਰੇਣੁਕਾਤਉਆਉਹਮਾਰੈਪਾਸਿ ॥੧॥
(ang 1102)

In the pangti above:
1) What is the type of 'death' Guru Sahib is telling us to accept?How do we accept it?

2)Why all HOPE for life should discarded away?( don't we even start Bhagti on the basis of "HOPE"?... )

3)How does one become everybody's feets dust?

Its important to find the answers for these questions and fulfill these requirements because Guru Sahib says only then,".....ਤਉਆਉਹਮਾਰੈਪਾਸਿ ॥੧॥" (..come to ME.)

Moorakhpan di muafi bakshni ji.....

Chota veer.

Chota veer
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
per my limited understanding, i believe the death guru sahib is talking about is death of ego. when we allow our sense of self to die, we become one with THE ONE, waheguru. at this point we escape duality. this is also the answer to question number three... one becomes the dust of everyone's feet by letting go of our ego, which is what makes us feel superior and separate from others.

if death is death of ego, then life must be living with ego, living in duality, in maya. we have to give up even the hope of living this way in order to subdue our ego.

i think this tuk explains the concept more fully:

ਣਾਣਾ ਰਣ ਤੇ ਸੀਝੀਐ ਆਤਮ ਜੀਤੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਹਉਮੈ ਅਨ ਸਿਉ ਲਰਿ ਮਰੈ ਸੋ ਸੋਭਾ ਦੂ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਮਣੀ ਮਿਟਾਇ ਜੀਵਤ ਮਰੈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਉਪਦੇਸ ॥
ਮਨੂਆ ਜੀਤੈ ਹਰਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਿਹ ਸੂਰਤਣ ਵੇਸ ॥
ਣਾ ਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਆਪਣੋ ਏਕਹਿ ਟੇਕ ਅਧਾਰ ॥
ਰੈਣਿ ਦਿਣਸੁ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਰਹੈ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਅਪਾਰ ॥
ਰੇਣ ਸਗਲ ਇਆ ਮਨੁ ਕਰੈ ਏਊ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇ ॥
ਹੁਕਮੈ ਬੂਝੈ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਪਾਇ ॥੩੧॥
Bhain jee has done a good job of explaining. I will just add my two cents.

ਪਹਿਲਾਮਰਣੁਕਬੂਲਿਜੀਵਣਕੀਛਡਿਆਸ ॥
ਹੋਹੁਸਭਨਾਕੀਰੇਣੁਕਾਤਉਆਉਹਮਾਰੈਪਾਸਿ ॥੧॥

The death mentioned in the above salok is the death of worldly sense of life. The Sikh has been instructed to accept death and leave all hope of life (worldly life). Become the dust of everyone and then come to us (Vaheguru).

There are some profound points that should be noticed. Notice that Guru Sahib in the salok is not saying that you should die but to accept death and lose hope of life. ਮਰਣੁ ਕਬੂਲਿ means to accept death. ਕਬੂਲਿ means to accept, not really die physically. The next thing to do is to lose hope of life. This life has to mean the worldly life and in actuality it means to stop enjoying the pleasures of Maya.

The death here does not denote union with Vaheguru because union comes at a later point in this salok. Also if death was to mean actual death, then there would be no point of the second point i.e. to lose hope in death. A dead person cannot have any hope. It seems that accepting death here means to die as far as the worldly life is concerned. A Gurmukh knows that this world is not real and this life here in this world is akin to a traveller staying at a hotel for a night. So to fully believe that this world is false and to keep primary focus on achieving the spiritual goals is accepting death and losing hope of life.

Rest Guru Sahib know. The above is based on my meagre understanding of Gurmat. Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh. May Guru Sahib forgive us for mistakes committed while doing vichaar of Gurbani.

Kulbir Singh
Definitely , i wont be able to add much/better than already shared but DASS always has a feeling on this subject.

-- Sikh's life is all about GIVE UP (his mind) , LEAVE to GURU SAHIB (ਜੀਵਣਕੀਛਡਿਆਸ). All issues that we see within (family , satet,country , PANTH) are all about me and myself. I say i work hard than my wife. My father says he gave his life for bringing me up, each of us is always in the run to prove myself that its all running with my force. I cant forget a small incident SANT SINGH JI MASKEEN mentioned once in his KATHA

==> He was doing Katha in US and after Katha somone came to him and said - Bhai Sahib ji FIKKAR NAHIN KARNAA , KISSE CHEEZ DI LOR HIVE DASNAA , EH GURDWARA SAHIB MEIN HI CHALUNDAA HAAAN. Maskeen ji smiled and said -- oh it runs with you ?? if you think so , you DIE( TOOON MAAAR-JAA) , the Gurdwara sahib wil still run.

==> Also remember him saying --- Its only the Human who drowns to the water and the reason is thet he uses his hands/feet to show his swimming skills(again issue of i am DOING). All Animals (Dog , cow everything) safely swim across as they GIVE UP (they just give up to WATER's flow)

So its all about this MAAAR OF MEINNNN in the Banni , i dont think Guru Sahib will ask us for BODY DEATH which has been provided win over the JANAM-MARAANs again and again

SIKH's birth itself start with GIVE UP(which we are forgetting) , i myself never thought AMRIT SANCHAAR more than weraing KAKKARs and avoid Kuraits and do Nitnem, i never had any feel of GIVING HEAD to guru Sahib duing AMRIT SANCHAAAR until i met few Gursikhs and read Bhai Randhir Singh.

Lets ask ourselves when PUNJ ask for Giving SIRRR - are we ready that time from heart ??? NO , i say this becuase if we were ready the SIKH PANTH wont be divided on the Guru's REHATs and essentials of Amrit Sanchar. Today we first bet with Punj Pyaras and then agree for Amrit. If we had given SIIRRR , we did we ignore for Bibek/SARBLOH and many more which are essentials of GURSIKHI. NO we didnt give SIRRR(didnt go by -- ਪਹਿਲਾਮਰਣੁਕਬੂਲਿਜੀਵਣਕੀਛਡਿਆਸ) , i think he is asking to agree to this Pankti when we goto him for Amrit --- i may be wrong.

ਹੋਹੁਸਭਨਾਕੀਰੇਣੁਕਾਤਉਆਉਹਮਾਰੈਪਾਸਿ ॥੧॥ ( Did we gave up all bad feelings abt all before we went for Amrit ??? I didnt) , i would see this a better world/better PANTH if everyone (atleast the AMRITDHAARIs agree to these lines)..... WHY the Gurdwaras Multiplyy ?? is it due to the less space --- NO , its due to LESS PLACE of others in our hearts. we all who manage Gurudwaras are Amrit Dhaaaris (which are supposed to have give SIRRR to guru and also suppsoed to have agreed to -- ਹੋਹੁਸਭਨਾਕੀਰੇਣੁਕਾਤਉਆਉਹਮਾਰੈਪਾਸਿ) , its sure we went to him for Amrit and he was merciful to us by giving it (maybe he is too Merciful and he thought we replied from our HEART --- I GIVE MY SIRRRR). But then why all these issues when we come out of Amrit Sanchar ??? I feel because we knew its being asked only as a question and noone will either take and noone will give SIRRR.

I have seen feel places before Amrit Sancharr - DIscussions abt where to take Amrit Fromm

-- FROM PLACE A ----- No No they ask for Sarbloh (and then couple decide , dont worry we wont keep Sarbloh but will do other Rehats)

-- FROM PLACE B ---- Yes Yes - they only ask for 3 Banis as Nitnem

--- FROM PLACE C ----- Yes Yes , they dont ask for Bibek.........SO ON AND SO FORTH

so thats the SIRRR we have given and thats the RENUKAAA we have accepted, i dont think we can expect good results with those mind frames

I hear abt Bhai Fauja Singh (Maybe Wrong) , he was asked to go and lie down on the RAIL TRACK from Amrit Sanchar PNADAAL by Pyaraas and the BLESSED SIKH with no questions walked straight to RAIL TRACKs and then look at the heights of SIKHI hea reached !! (Yes, he gave the SIRR) , Bhai MATTI DASS, SATTI DASS , Guru Sahib de LAAAL , Sant Jarnail Singh , Bhai Randhir Singh and other Sikhs they gave the SIRR and yes they approved it when the time came.

We hear so many Sakhi from Puraataan Sikhs , W ill we accept if PUNJ deny us AMRIT ?? Not at all , we will advise 1000 others to not to goto that Gurdwara again BUT there were Sikhs who begged for Amirt and irresepective of denials(were only Tests) went there BEGGING again for GURU SAHIB's Kirpaa.

Funny , people today (including me) request Gurudwaras to have Amrit Sanchar on Sunday so that we dont loose Dollars , we ask the PEHREDAAAAR to give us a call when the PESHIs end and BATTAAA is started to get ready. !!!

Bhul CHUKK MAAAAF !!!
Dhanvaad for all the replies!

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login