ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raag mala

Posted by sarblohlove 
Raag mala
July 19, 2010 09:41AM
If you do not believe in raag mala then is it ok to read it for the following reasons:

- For ekta/pleasing the sangat, there could be someone in the sangat who strongly believes in raag mala.
- If you're 99.9% sure raag mala is not bani but you read it just to be on the safe side.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Raag mala
July 19, 2010 12:21PM
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

We should try to please our Guru Sahib and try to have Etka with Guru first. Singhs/Singhnia concludes Sri Akhand Paath Sahib/Sehaj Paath at salok of Mundavani no matter who is sitting there. If you think this will be Milgobha program and you have to conclude the Bhog then make prior arrangement with the person(s) holding the program telling them that you will conclude the Bhog at Mundavani but if he/she wishes they can come to Tabiya and read it themselves, so that any conflict during the Bhog can be avoided.

Just for Sangat's information, Ahand Kiratani Jatha in the past also made following resolution that:

ਰਾਗਮਾਲਾ ਪਾਠ ਵਿਚ ਨਾ ਜਾਇਆ ਜਾਵੇ ਤੇ ਉਠ ਆਵਣਾ ਯੋਗ ਨਹੀਂ।
Attending Raagmala paath should be avoided and once attended it is not appropriate to get up and leave.

With Regards,
Daas
July 19, 2010 12:55PM

Just for Sangat's information, Ahand Kiratani Jatha in the past also made following resolution that:

ਰਾਗਮਾਲਾ ਪਾਠ ਵਿਚ ਨਾ ਜਾਇਆ ਜਾਵੇ ਤੇ ਉਠ ਆਵਣਾ ਯੋਗ ਨਹੀਂ।
Attending Raagmala paath should be avoided and once attended it is not appropriate to get up and leave.

daas did not know this, there a few jatha singhs that they say would get up and leave if raagmala is ever read. when was this resolution made?

oddslot
July 19, 2010 01:22PM
i have heard this idea that jatha singhs leave in the middle of rag mala used as propaganda against the jatha.
if some young hot-headed singhs do this, they're not behaving with humility or according to gurmat principles.

i don't see the big deal. if we believe to be bani or not, reading/listening to it isn't going to kill us. in fact, i found it necessary to read it for myself before making up my mind on whether to believe it was bani or not. (i don't think it is), and reading it didn't kill me or convert me. so why so much fuss over it?
July 19, 2010 01:54PM
when was this resolution made?

gsingh jio,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

That was in late 60's. However, daas have seen that it is up to individuals some can bear hearing Kachi Bani some not.

With Regards,
Daas
July 19, 2010 05:05PM
1kaur Wrote:

> i don't see the big deal. if we believe to be
> bani or not, reading/listening to it isn't going
> to kill us. in fact, i found it necessary to
> read it for myself before making up my mind on
> whether to believe it was bani or not. (i don't
> think it is), and reading it didn't kill me or
> convert me. so why so much fuss over it?

Bibijee,

I don't think there is any fuss about reading it generally for research purpose or whatever. But if the fuss is about it beeing read or not at bhog, then i think it is ok to fuss over it. It's not about raagmaala beeing harmful to you, i don't think it is. But if you have a strong belief that it isn't Gurbaani, then i don't think you should read it in sangat either and make the sangat believe it's Gurbaani by reading it.
That's the same for any of a Gursikh's belief.
If you have a strong belief that kacchi baani is not right, then you wouldn't sing it either, would you.

Just a reply for the second question.
I think there should be enough research done for a person to make their mind up if it is Gurbaani or not. Dasamduaari Gursikhs like Bhai Sahib
Gursikh should be drirh, not in Dubda.
July 19, 2010 05:10PM
1kaur Wrote:

> i don't see the big deal. if we believe to be
> bani or not, reading/listening to it isn't going
> to kill us. in fact, i found it necessary to
> read it for myself before making up my mind on
> whether to believe it was bani or not. (i don't
> think it is), and reading it didn't kill me or
> convert me. so why so much fuss over it?

Bibijee,

I don't think there is any fuss about reading it generally for research purpose or whatever. But if the fuss is about it beeing read or not at bhog, then i think it is ok to fuss over it. It's not about raagmaala beeing harmful to you, i don't think it is. But if you have a strong belief that it isn't Gurbaani, then i don't think you should read it in sangat either and make the sangat believe it's Gurbaani by reading it.
That's the same for any of a Gursikh's belief.
If you have a strong belief that kacchi baani is not right, then you wouldn't sing it either, would you.

Just a reply for the second question.
I think there should be enough research done for a person to make their mind up if it is Gurbaani or not. Gursikh should be drirh, not in Dubda.Dasamduaari Gursikhs like Bhai Sahib didn't read raagmala, so don't worry about beeing on the safe side, those Gursikhs are on the safest side there is, in Gurusahib's sharan.

Bhul Chuk maaf karna jee
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.