ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ancient rehatnama?

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Ancient rehatnama?
July 14, 2010 10:23PM
I came across this picture the other day which is supposedly a picture of a 1877 rehatnama.

[www.flickr.com]

In the third line from the top there is mention of Panj Kakkars.

1. Kangha 2. Kard 3. Keso mey Karha (ਕੇਸੋ ਮੇ ਕੜਾ) ੪ Sarab Loh Karah on right hand 5 Kacchera

There are some problems I have with this rehat the obvious one being number 3.

Its strange how all the kakkars are place in order but number 3 includes both " Kes and Karah" ?

Also in all the other rehats the hora seems to be long but in this one it seems short. It seems like it has been changed from a Sihari that would haave spelled keski. I dont know how the word ਮੇ ( in)appears next to kes. It does not make sense to say Kes in Karha it would be the other way around. In addition the mama ਮ seems to be placed much higher in the sentence then the other letters?

Does anyone else know about the authenticity of this rehat and where it comes from? I dont want to waste my time reading the whole rehat unless I found the source.

Along with karha being on the right side there is a rehatnama that says Sri Sahib should be on right side when meeting Panj pyaarey?

Also there is mention of reading Chaupey Sahib before Swaayey when preparing Amrit?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login