ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ideal Gurmat Academy !!

Posted by gursewak 
Ideal Gurmat Academy !!
July 13, 2010 10:49AM
As few gurmukhs have recommended a need of Gurmat Academy starting with one probably in Toronto, It would be worth to start sharing the structure of the

-- Schedules
-- Syllabus
-- Long Term/Short Term Goals
-- Source of Funds
-- Study Material
-- Teachers Qualifications
-- etc etc etc

If all can pls advise/suggest so that we are ready with the stuff if guru sahib does KIRPA.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Ideal Gurmat Academy !!
July 13, 2010 02:19PM
gurmat summer school would be good.

short sakhiya for kids
activities such as gatka, keertan, writing poems, banee & sports

i think there is a khalsa school in Vancouver maybe someone from there could post up a structure
Re: Ideal Gurmat Academy !!
July 14, 2010 01:53AM
how would it differ from existing khalsa schools in vancouver and toronto? what qualities would make it ideal?
If I am not wrong, Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib has a sarblohi granthi singh who is very good paathi and gives very good lareevar santhiya. There are many places where one can learn gatka, kirtan, so thats not a problem.
Instead of an academy, we need a TAKSAL where there are full time students and part time students and visitors.
Now comes the question of parchar, I feel KHALSA ECOVILLAGE is the BEST WAY OF PARCHAR.
I myself attended a Gurmat Naam Abhiyaas Kamayee Camp by Mallian VAle singhs at Sri Goindwal SAhib(which is like an ecovillage setting). I stayed there for 2 days and just those couple of days were ENOUGH for me to learn Khalsa lifestyle. After that, I started reading Bhai Sahib RAndhir Singh jee's books and started keeping good rehit.

What we need is an ECOVILLAGE, about an hour away from Toronto where tyar bar tyar singhs do seva. Lots of sangat on the weekend will come to such a place and will be able to live a practical Khalsa Lifestyle. The beautiful eco friendly setting will be an added attraction for the sangat and we can also have a small workshop on Environmental living.
The ecovillage will also have a farm, so if some gursikh wants to jap naam, can permanently live at ecovillage and do some farming etc.
If some Gursikh is unable to find a job for a month or so, he can always come to this ecovillage
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login