ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compiling Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's Gurbani Viakhiya

Posted by harinder_singh 
There is so much wrong parchar happening these days with people doing wrong meanings of Gurbani to promote hindu-matt, vedanta matt, sant-vaad etc, . People also dont have knowledge of Gurbani viakaran properly.
Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee in his books has done viakhiyaa of lots of Gurbani. I feel some singhs shud take up the task of compiling all the Gurbani Viakhiyaa of Bhai Sahib in ONE VOLUME. This will be a very good reference guide for gursikhs to understand the correct meaning of Gurbani.
Bhai Sahib was a fearless personality and unlike many present day sikh preachers, he dint want to please anyoneby doing goody goody "secular" meanings. Bhai Sahib's Gurbani meanings are the best source of learning.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Excellent suggestion Bhai Harinder Singh jeeo. Basically what's required is to to type all books of Bhai Sahib and form a single database similar to sikhitothemax for Gursikhs to search Gurbani Pankitis.

I have heard that Bhai Sahib's books are being typed and once this is done, then the next phase of forming a database can be done. May Guru Sahib provide strength to sewadaars who work on such projects.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Actually this has been in Chatrik mind for a longgggggg time! but, the idea dass had differs a bit.

Why not a Teeka of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is prepared out of BHai Sahib's Gurbani viakhiya.
Yes, it won't be 100% complete, but am very sure about 35-50 %(maybe more?) of Sri Guru Bani ji from Sri Guru Granth Sahib has been covered in all of BHai Sahib's books.

Chota veer
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Excellent suggestion Bhai Harinder Singh jeeo.
> Basically what's required is to to type all books
> of Bhai Sahib and form a single database similar
> to sikhitothemax for Gursikhs to search Gurbani
> Pankitis.
>
> I have heard that Bhai Sahib's books are being
> typed and once this is done, then the next phase
> of forming a database can be done. May Guru Sahib
> provide strength to sewadaars who work on such
> projects.
>
> Daas,
> Kulbir Singh

Veer jee,
I do feel that there shud be a book by the name 'Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh --- Gurbani viakhiya' because not everyone has access to internet. Large number of gursikhs live in villages in India. During AKJ annual smagams, so many non-AKJ gursikhs come and such a book could be a great way for parchar.
Veer jee, you could do this seva very well because u have read Bhai Sahib's books properly and u also keep gurmat rehit. U shud spend the rest of ur life in doing parchar instead of getting khuaar in worldly occupations. Let us set up a khalsa farm near Toronto and u can work there whenever u get time and rest of the time, u do seva projects, teach students at a taksal at khalsa farm.
The knowledge u have collected over the years shud be passed on to future Gursikhs

U shud spend the rest of ur life in doing parchar instead of getting khuaar in worldly occupations. Let us set up a khalsa farm near Toronto and u can work there whenever u get time and rest of the time, u do seva projects, teach students at a taksal at khalsa farm.
The knowledge u have collected over the years shud be passed on to future Gursikhs

This Daas is worthless. There are millions of insects like me from whom Guru Sahib can take sewa. Who knows on whom Guru Sahib will glance and take Sewa but may Maharaj fulfill your desire and take Sewa from this insect. May Guru Sahib take away the hurdles in the way of full time Parchaar of Gurmat.

Kulbir Singh
I agree and support the suggestion above. There is hardly any Nishkaaam and devoted sewa in the PANTH today. I would be the first one to support if VG could start it. Just to count , May we know how many gursikhs on this forum support this IDEA of starting it with Toronto and spreading it across ? Pls suggest/advise.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
Here is an ecovillage just an hour away from Toronto

[www.ecovillagenews.org]

The Khalsa ecovillage will have a small farm. It will be an IDEAL setting for Gurbani parchar and at the same time, we will be promoting eco-friendly lifestyle and at the same time, WE WILL BE PREPARING FOR PEAK OIL WHICH IS THE BIGGEST EVENT OF OUR LIFE TIME BUT SADLY GURSIKHS DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS COMING!

WE GOT TO ACT NOW! THERE ISNT MUCH TIME LEFT
Well, nice thought. But i have little bit different idea. I think we need to start with something in the city and target kids (7-20 Yrs). I know there is lot of need and THIRST for some kind REHTVAAN academy who could promote and inject the TAT-Gurmat to this generation. It would be difficult for the kids to drive that far on daily basis. Also as opposed to just weekend classes i would vote for atleast 30 mins class every evening so as to make the kids feel it as a regular course etc rather than just a part time weekend schedule. Offcourse once it starts going and syllabus etc has been setup then we could spread it across the globe assinging the duties to intertested gursikhs around in their respective places.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
This is a great idea. This viakhya book can serve as a great reference book and even for prachar purposes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login