ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An anakhi singh with only 1 arm

Posted by harinder_singh 
Today, I had the darshan of an amazing singh. He has only 1 arm and he pulls rickshaw in Ludhiana. I had seen many times before but today I had the oppurtunity to do his darshan. He wears a dumalla and pulls rickshaw with great energy. Many sikhs have tried to help him with money but he refuses. My sis and brother in law too tried to help him but he rudely said " I dont take bheekh".
I will try to take his picture for the sangat and post it as soon as I can.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Vaaheguroo! Amazing! There are some Rikshaa pullers who are humble and sweet. It is always heart warming hearing such stories.

Jatinderpal Singh
i met a very elderly ricksahw puller in amritsar, he must have been 80 years old! he was a nihang, wearing bana every day and carrying a 3 foot siri sahib as he rode. he was in perfect condition and rode very fast. what an inspiration!
Please post the pic soon Veer Harinder Singh jio!

This reminded me of a small old write up by Bhai Kulbir Singh ji;

During my last trip to India, I had chance to meet some really amazing people. During a trip from Darbar Sahib to Loha Bazaar, we had to take rickshaw. The rickshaw puller was a Singh. I felt really bad sitting while he was pulling but then I thought that this was his way of earning a living and if I don't hire him, he will lose out. He loudly said fateh and two of us sat in his rickshaw. I decided that I would give him at least 100 rupees for this trip. We got off at Loha Bazaar and I handed over him 100 rupees. To my surprise, he refused to take 100 rupees and wanted only 15 rupees. He said that even 15 rupees was too much. Even at my insistance he did not accept more money. He said that he only wanted Halaal dee kamaayee (honest earning). To me he seemed like a true king.

In another trip, I had an opportunity to hire a Muslim rickshaw puller in Jalandhar. I was coming back from Mai Heera Gate and was going to Rainak Bazaar. Upon talking to him I found out that he had just came back from Ajmer Shareef after doing "ibaadat" for 40 days. It involved day and night worship of Allah. He said that he was confident that soon Allah would release him from the hardwork of rickshaw and enable him to do more ibaadat (worship). We talked on many deep subjects of spirituality. I tried giving him more money. He too refused. He only took a fraction of what I was offering him. His faith in Allah was amazing.

This is what the real meaning of the following pankiti is:

Bina Santokh neh koyoo raajai||
(Without santokh no one can quench thirst for material things)

Daas
Kulbir Singh
Very inspiring Rickshaw Puller Stories.smiling smiley
I met the singh. He has his right arm missing and also he is blind from right eye. He came to Punjab as a migrant labourer from UP. Then he got in touch with Budha Dal and kept hair and chakked amrit. He still cant read gurmukhi properly. He lives in Sanet Pind, which is on the outskirts of Bhai Randhir Singh Nagar, Ludhiana.
I also took some snaps of this singh but my mobile is a pretty desi gareeb mobile and I am unable to upload the pics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login