ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An amazing gursikh!

Posted by harinder_singh 
An amazing gursikh!
July 01, 2010 11:08AM
Recently, I came to know about a gursikh who stays in Model Town, Ludhiana. Some back time, at amritvela, he had a spiritual experience and continuous water started flowing from his eyes. This state of bairaag continued for a week.
After this he was a changed person. He is a very big businessman but dint use to pay his tax truthfully. He did all the calculations and he found out that he has to pay tax worth 30 lakhs. He went to the income tax department with 30 lakh rupees. The employees over there were shocked to see this. They advised him to give this money to some charity but the singh said that no, this money belongs to u.
This singh also took his children out of school as he dint want them to waste their in time in worldly studies when a huge of treasure is to be had from Gurbani. He spends his entire day in naam and Gurbani.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: An amazing gursikh!
July 01, 2010 08:51PM
This is wonderful to hear that a man has awakened. The only thing I don't agree with is that he has decided to not give his children any education. Maharaj knows better.

Kulbir Singh
Veer jee,
its a personal choice whether one wants their kids to go to school/college or not.
July 02, 2010 04:12AM
In olden times, education was mostly of spiritual nature. Professional education was given very less focus (mainly people used to follow the same profession as their forefathers!).

But unfortunately, now, the focus is entirely on professional and worldly knowledge. Perhaps that's why this is Kalyug!
July 02, 2010 05:44AM
Mero Aur Paran Seon Nahee Kaam.... Vaheguroooo...!!!
Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindravale was given only spiritual(gurmat) education.
Shaheed Baba Avatar Singh Brahma was only given spiritual (gurmat) education.

There are so many other examples like the above. These great souls not only saved themselves but saved their families and their 21 kulls (ancenstry).
The world does not know the power of Naam. The ones who realize this power are ONLY interested in Naam.
According to Gurbani, the mother of a manmukh shud have been BANCHH and shud not have given birth to a manmukh (sakat) person.
July 02, 2010 08:56AM
As this Daas wrote in an earlier post, the whole purpose of the worldly education is to enable us to earn our livings. The worldly education does not make us wise. Wise according to Gurmat is such person who realizes his goal of life - attainment of Vaheguru - and then works vigorously towards achieving this goal.

Gurmat Vidya i.e. the education that enables us to understand Gurbani and scriptures is indispensible and should be given to children. This includes Santhiya of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, Siri Dasam Granth, Vaar of Bhai Gurdaas jee, Ghazals of Bhai Nandlal jee, Rehitnamas, Janamsaakhis, historical granths like Gurpratap Sooraj Prakash, Panth Prakash, Pracheen Panth Prakash etc.

Having said that, in today's world, in order to function normally, it is important to have some worldly education as well. In olden times Farsi was important to learn and today English would be good to learn along with basic education of worldly sciences. Basic education of other religions too is useful.

Kulbir Singh
July 02, 2010 11:01AM
It is good to see the Singh living like a true Gurmukh. But I don't see the point in taking the kids out of school. Worldly education is important for the kids to earn a living in this world. If the father wants the kids to turn into Pracharaks or Kathakars then the decision may not be bad idea, since the Panth needs Pracharaks now more then ever. When we read the stories of the Bhagats (Bhagat Kabir, NamDev) whose banis are in Guru Granth Sahib Jee we learn that they were did not leave their worldly profession and just do Bhagti. They lived a grastee jeevan, working and doing Bhagti 24/7. So while Gurmat Gian is the most importance, but to live in this world one needs to learn Dhunyavi Gian to earn a living.
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Having said that, in today's world, in order to
> function normally, it is important to have some
> worldly education as well. In olden times Farsi
> was important to learn and today English would be
> good to learn along with basic education of
> worldly sciences. Basic education of other
> religions too is useful.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Veer jee,
I dont know about Canada, but here in Hindu-stan, worldly "education" is a TORTURE. There is tution culture big time. Children have to attend the schools and then they have to take tutions for 2-3 hours a day. I have 2 cousins. They study in sacred heard convent school, ludhiana. They get free at 6 pm in the evening from their tutions. They are just 14 but are so stressed out.
There is no time to do BHAGTI for such kids. Then there is pressure of entrance examinations after 10th grade. After getting admission to a college, one has to deal with manmukh crowd especially if one has to stay in a hostel. I myself stayed in a hostel and the stuff that happens there, i cannot write here. I will prefer to DIE before sending my sister/daughter to a hostel away from home.
Even after getting a degree, there is so much corruption for getting a job. Most entrance examinations/ exams for government posts ARE LEAKED. In schools and colleges, cheating happens ONLY where kids of police officers, political people are given the solution set by teacher themselves.
Even after getting a degree, most of the youth want to go abroad where their degrees arent properly recogized and they have to do labour jobs. There are many Phd guys who drive a taxi in canada/australia.
In the near future, the worldly degrees are going get to more and more useless. Sadly,not many believe what i say but what i am saying is going to come TRUE.
We need to set up khalsa villages
Please read this

Wall Street Journal: Job Seekers with Advanced Degrees are ****Admin Cut****

[online.wsj.com]
This is a bit funny.

Postgraduates, graduates apply for sweepers' jobs

[www.theindianstar.com]
July 03, 2010 08:14PM
Job prospects are truely meagre, whether one is educated or uneducated. And it is also true that education system is not very much efficient. But we can not afford to keep our community especially Gursikh community in the uneducated class. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji, though did not opt for job, he was qualified and well educated. His writing style and accomplishments are clearly indicative of his good education status (apart from Gurmat Achievements). His better education background as compared to other contemporary sikh "saints" appears to play a definite role in making him more popular with educated sikhs. So value of education is definitely not limited to getting jobs only.

Young IAS officers of Bihar and UP are holding important administrative posts in India or in Punjab. I wish to see Amritdhari singhs/singhnis at these positions. We should strive and plan for that. Do not we need many of Kapur Singh, Harinder Singh and Simranjit Jit Singh Maan officers? And do we need Bihari or Gujrati doctors to treat us?

It is time, we try to approach & fund quality education for every gursikh child.Why not Daswand for education for every sikh child?
MB Singh Wrote:
> Job prospects are truely meagre, whether one is
> educated or uneducated. And it is also true that
> education system is not very much efficient. But
> we can not afford to keep our community especially
> Gursikh community in the uneducated class. Bhai
> Sahib Randhir Singh Ji, though did not opt for
> job, he was qualified and well educated. His
> writing style and accomplishments are clearly
> indicative of his good education status (apart
> from Gurmat Achievements). His better education
> background as compared to other contemporary sikh
> "saints" appears to play a definite role in making
> him more popular with educated sikhs. So value of
> education is definitely not limited to getting
> jobs only.
>
> Young IAS officers of Bihar and UP are holding
> important administrative posts in India or in
> Punjab. I wish to see Amritdhari singhs/singhnis
> at these positions. We should strive and plan for
> that. Do not we need many of Kapur Singh, Harinder
> Singh and Simranjit Jit Singh Maan officers? And
> do we need Bihari or Gujrati doctors to treat us?
>
>
> It is time, we try to approach & fund quality
> education for every gursikh child.Why not Daswand
> for education for every sikh child?

Veer jee,
If some sikh families only want to give gurmat education to their bhujangees, we shud respect their decision. No one shud be forced to take worldly education and no one shud also be forced to give up worldly education. Its all Satguru jee's play. He needs sevadaars of all type.
harinder_singh Wrote:

>
>
> Veer jee,
> If some sikh families only want to give gurmat
> education to their bhujangees, we shud respect
> their decision. No one shud be forced to take
> worldly education and no one shud also be forced
> to give up worldly education. Its all Satguru
> jee's play. He needs sevadaars of all type.

Veer Ji I agree with you that Gurmat education is of prominent importance. Secular education without Gurmat Education is useless, but there is nothing wrong with going to school where one can learn a skill , make an honest living, and contribute to the Guru-Panth. If we have a Gurmat Education and dont put it into practical use then what good is that? For example how would a Sikh society or eco village properly manage without having professionals like dentist, doctors, teachers, etc.
-
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
> harinder_singh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > Veer jee,
> > If some sikh families only want to give gurmat
> > education to their bhujangees, we shud respect
> > their decision. No one shud be forced to take
> > worldly education and no one shud also be
> forced
> > to give up worldly education. Its all Satguru
> > jee's play. He needs sevadaars of all type.
>
>
> Veer Ji I agree with you that Gurmat education is
> of prominent importance. Secular education without
> Gurmat Education is useless, but there is nothing
> wrong with going to school where one can learn a
> skill , make an honest living, and contribute to
> the Guru-Panth. If we have a Gurmat Education and
> dont put it into practical use then what good is
> that? For example how would a Sikh society or eco
> village properly manage without having
> professionals like dentist, doctors, teachers,
> etc.

Veer jee,
I agree that a sikh society needs doctors, lawyers etc but sikh society also needs :
1. Farmers.
2. Truck Drivers
3. Rehit keeping (ideally sarblohi) granthis, gatka masters, santhiya experts, kirtaniyaas.
4. Businessmen (there are lots of successful sikh businessmen in Delhi who came from Kabul and have just studied uptill 7th or 8th)
5. Hakeems (we need doctors who know about natural medicines as allopathy has many side effects and is very expensive)
Excellent Article!

Fifty Million Farmers :Re-ruralization will be the dominant social trend of the 21st century

[energybulletin.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login