ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Concentration

Posted by Unjaan 
Concentration
July 01, 2010 03:33PM
Gursikho,

When I read Gurbani my mind constantly wanders like a flickering candle. My mother has always maintained that the more one reads Gurbani the more the mind settles and understands; as Guru Sahib will shower his Kirpa.

Please share some tips for concentrating ones mind on Simran and Paath for this beginner.

Regards
Unjaan
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Concentration
July 01, 2010 11:45PM
This is a very good question.
Just as worldly people, even sikhs today want SHORTCUT. They dont want to keep full rehit but still want concentration of mind.
In order to get concentration of mind, ONE HAS TO KEEP FULL REHIT and that included DIETARY BIBEK.
If someone wants concentration and spiritual bliss, one has to keep dietary bibek and ideally SARBLOH BIBEK.
July 02, 2010 05:43AM
VaheguroojeekaakhalsaVaheguroojeekeefatehh...

Daas tries to concentrate by trying to figure out the meaning of the Gurbani Tuks and relating them to my jeevan. It makes our mind think of what the gurbaanee says and where we stand...

Bhul Chuk Dee Khima.. Daas is mahamoorak..

VaheguroojeekaakhalsaVaheguroojeekeefatehh..
July 06, 2010 03:34PM
I agree with harinder Singh Ji , rehat is really important
I may give an example , if u take an empty pitcher made from soil and fill it with ghee or butter and again when u will empty the pitcher , not the 100% of the ghee will come out but some of it will be left attached with the surface of pitcher , in the same way if we r quite loose in our rehat, Or don't have utmost attention while doing paath , as per gurbani has the paras Kala , it will stick to ur mind even in little quantity, just like when the ghee was emptied from the pitcher

i belive that u can explain NAAM as MEDICINE and all the REHATS as the PRECAUTIONS which we use while taking medicine,its quite undersoodable that if we would keep on taking medicines and would not take any precautions,the effect of medicine would be very less
July 07, 2010 02:25PM
Or another analogy i heard was that NAAM is your garden, and rehit acts as your fence to protect your garden. The more rehit you keep, less chance of any thieves coming in and ruining your garden. And what better protection can you get then a fence made from Sarbloh by keeping bibek
July 08, 2010 01:24PM
Thanks for the responses. It is so true, I need to improve my Rehat.
July 08, 2010 03:55PM
There r also vighans from our KARAMS of past or may be of the same life .before getting Pesh in jathaa , I was quite a devotee of guru sahibh ,I used o do sangat , visit gurudwaras regularly, but due to my bad past karams , I was in great pain , there was something which was disturbing me from inside , even doing spiritual activities I used to be in great depression as thinking that I will probably die in this condition, I was very much confesed those days around 7-8 years ago and akal purakh make me do ardas in great bairag at that time , sometimes I realize from my within that I have some solid bad karams which guru sahibh is cleaning very quickly , so be patient and everything would be fine. One day with the blessings of gursikhs I make my mind of getting pesh , I was not sure of myself that I would be able to keep the rehats but by gurus grace , sangats blessings everything went perfect and I was out of my panic which I used to have before getting pesh and keeping rehat . Really , guru sahibh is SARAB KALA SAMRATH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login