ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your Favourites...

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Your Favourites...
June 17, 2010 09:01AM
Someone asked this Daas the following questions. It would be good if others too answered these questions. It would make an interesting read:

1. What is your favourite Gurbani (or banis) and why?

2. What is your favourite shabad and why?

3. What is your favourite Raag and why?

4. What is your favourite Kirtan reet (tune)?

5. Who is your favourite Gursikh or gursikhs and why?

6. Which single Gunn (quality of Vaheguru) is your most favourite?

7. Which Rehit of Khalsa is your favourite?

This Daas will post his answers soon.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Your Favourites...
June 17, 2010 09:37AM

Sri Sukhmani sahib, Sri Anand sahib & Shabad Hazare by Sri Guru Raam Daas ji and Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji. I find all these three help me a great deal and bring instant love and peace to my mind.

ਭਿੰਨੀ ਰੈਨੜੀਐ ਚਾਮਕਨਿ ਤਾਰੇ ॥ Because this was the first shabad I ever heard in the Jatha and it was Bhai sahib Jeevan Singh ji who sung this! Ah!

Undecided.

ਭਿੰਨੀ ਰੈਨੜੀਐ ਚਾਮਕਨਿ ਤਾਰੇ ॥ By Bhai sahib Jeevan Singh ji [www.youtube.com]

Baba Buddha ji. Baba Buddha ji has been the most fortunate Gurmukh who served Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji up till Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji. Which other gursikh was as fortunate as Baba Buddha ji? Dhan Dhan Baba Buddha ji!

From modern times, it has to be no other than Bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji! There is no gursikh in modern times that matches Bhai sahib in my view. No other gursikh has explored gurmat to such a level as Bhai sahib did in my opinion.

Dya and forgiveness.

The rehet of Naam abhiyas/ Amritvela, Keski/Dastar/ Bana and Sarbloh rehet smiling smiley
June 17, 2010 09:59AM
1) To be honest Bani is bani, but favourite is Japji Sahib part as it is the essence of the whole Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

2) Currently it is this shabad, you can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqnF9LavI2Y. As it praises all the brahm Giani's showing how great they are.

3) Raag mala, as it's very deep in meaning and it sounds cool...

4) Don't really have one.

5) All the bramgiani's as they are the only truth in the world. They are self realised and have devine knowledge while everyone else who isn't bram giani is using their manmat and knowledge from books to explain stuff, which isn't good (empty knowledge) because they don't understand the knowledge in books and mould it for questions to suit their needs and cause doubt in others...

6) Nirvair- He doesn't hate anyone regardless of how bad they are, what religion they are..., he doesn't even hate people like AurangZahib

7) Ok this is bit different from the traditional rehits. It has to be treating everyone equally and accepting that all religions can meet waheguru. As once I took amrit some time ago I used to think that sikhi was the only religion of truth but with maharaj's kirpa I found that every religion could as well...
June 17, 2010 10:11AM
1) sukhmana sahib (collection of m:4 bani), dakhni oankaar

2) ਤਹ ਅਨਹਤ ਧੁਨੀ ਬਾਜਹਿ ਨਿਤ ਬਾਜੇ ਨੀਝਰ ਧਾਰ ਚੁਆਵੈਗੋ ॥੩॥

3) n/a

4) n/a

5) Baba Deep Singh!

6) Wonderous love

7) Being shastardhari, bana
June 17, 2010 10:33AM
1) all bani is is perfect, it's hard to choose a favorite. but i'm strongly attracted to jaap sahib. it helps give energy on rough days.

2) i don't think it's possible to have a favorite... but if i must choose:
ਸੋ ਅਸਥਾਨੁ ਬਤਾਵਹੁ ਮੀਤਾ ॥ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਨੀਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

3) not sure, i'm just learning raag keertan. but it might be bihaagraa, because it's filled with sadness and longing that leads to realization.

4) couldn't tell you, i don't really know the names of them.

5) this is incredibly difficult. shaheed baba deep singh jee. shaheed bhai fauja singh jee. clearly the literal offering of one's head to guru sahib is very moving to me.
also one or two who are still alive, so i won't name names. smiling smiley

6) ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਕਉਨ ਬਖਾਨਉ ॥ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਗੁਨੁ ਕਹਿ ਏਕ ਨ ਜਾਨਉ ॥

7) Sikh sewak di sewa ruchi naal karni - Serve a Sikh Servant with devotion.
June 17, 2010 10:41AM
> 1. What is your favourite Gurbani (or banis) and
> why?

Sukhmanee Sahib, Salok Mahalla 9

> 2. What is your favourite shabad and why?

Poota Mata Kee Asees, Was sung after Amrith Sanchaar

> 3. What is your favourite Raag and why?

Basant, i really enjoy listening to Basant ki vaar sung at Siree Darbar Sahib

> 4. What is your favourite Kirtan reet (tune)?

N/A, I'd say im not into tunes don't understand them as well.

> 5. Who is your favourite Gursikh or gursikhs and
> why?

All Gursikhs that Jaap Naam, Read Gurbanee, Keep Rehat are my favourite

> 6. Which single Gunn (quality of Vaheguru) is
> your most favourite?

Nir Vair

> 7. Which Rehit of Khalsa is your favourite?

All Of Them!
June 17, 2010 10:45AM
Sri Japji Sahib - when done with the 'right attitude & intention'...paras kala is beyond words.
Sri Sukhmani Sahib - vahiguroo! what can Chatrik ever say?
Salok Mehalla 9 & all banis of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib ji - reminds about the reality of life,death and reminds that only Naam is permanent.

2. Have 2 actually ...the special lines are red & large:
1st is:
ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
ਗੁਰ ਜੀ ਕੇ ਦਰਸਨ ਕਉ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਉ ॥
ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਜੀਵਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨਾਉ ॥੧॥

ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪੂਰਨ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ॥
ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਲਾਗਉ ਤੇਰੀ ਸੇਵ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਉਰ ਧਾਰੀ ॥
ਮਨ ਤਨ ਧਨ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਅਧਾਰੀ ॥੨॥
ਸਫਲ ਜਨਮੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥
ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਣੁ ॥੩॥
ਸੰਤ ਧੂਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਭੇਟਤ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ॥੪॥੭੦॥੧੩੯॥

2nd is:
ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਦਿਨ ਰੈਣਿ
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ਸੇਵੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਆਪਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰੀ ਦਿਨ ਸਭਿ ਰੈਣ ॥
ਆਪੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਸਰਣੀ ਪਵਾਂ ਮੁਖਿ ਬੋਲੀ ਮਿਠੜੇ ਵੈਣ ॥
ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕਾ ਵਿਛੁੜਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਲਹੁ ਸਜਣੁ ਸੈਣ ॥

ਜੋ ਜੀਅ ਹਰਿ ਤੇ ਵਿਛੁੜੇ ਸੇ ਸੁਖਿ ਨ ਵਸਨਿ ਭੈਣ ॥
ਹਰਿ ਪਿਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਚੈਨੁ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ ਖੋਜਿ ਡਿਠੇ ਸਭਿ ਗੈਣ ॥
ਆਪ ਕਮਾਣੈ ਵਿਛੁੜੀ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਕਾਹੂ ਦੇਣ ॥
ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਰਾਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਹੋਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਰਣ ਕਰੇਣ ॥

ਹਰਿ ਤੁਧੁ ਵਿਣੁ ਖਾਕੂ ਰੂਲਣਾ ਕਹੀਐ ਕਿਥੈ ਵੈਣ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਬੇਨੰਤੀਆ ਹਰਿ ਸੁਰਜਨੁ ਦੇਖਾ ਨੈਣ ॥੧॥

Why?
They make Chatrik cry.

3. Know nothing about Raags.

4. Love listening to Bhai Dr. Pritam Singh ji Anjaan.
People nowadays sing from their throat, he sang from soul.
People sing to please others, he sang HOPING to please His master.
People sing holding on to their musical skills, he sang holding His Beloveds feet .

This shabad sung by him hits endless arrows of separation on Chatrik which cause tears to flow:
ਤਉ ਦਰਸਨ ਕੀ ਕਰਉ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
ਮੈ ਦਰਿ ਮਾਗਤੁ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
(anyone who has the recording of this shabad PLEASE contact me....pleaseeeeeeeeeee!)

5. Bhai Manjh.
The unconditional love & faith. What else is there to say?

Bhai Rama Singh ji.
He was quite inspirational to Chatrik in his childhood.

a gupt singh.
who inspired & guided dass towards Gurmat Prema Bhagti. Have never meet him, but the heart beat with love for this Bhai Sahib.

6. His ability to forgive unforgivable people .

7. Simran, Keertan

Chota veer
June 17, 2010 11:22AM
It's a delight to read responses above. Below are the responses by this Daas:

ਸਿਰੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ

All baanis of Guru Sahib are full of amrit and we should love all baanis but still at this time, doing paath of Siri Sukhmani Sahib gives most Anand. Siri Sukhmani Sahib contains complete Gurmat philosophy in easy and very sweet language. Other great Baanis that I love are Nitnemi 7 Baanis, Siri Bawan Akhri, Siri Oankaar, Siri Sidh Gosht and Bhatta de Savaiye. Out of Vaars, Siri Asa kee Vaar, Jaitsree kee Vaar and Maru Dakhne are my favourite.

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥
ਥਿਰੁ ਘਰਿ ਬੈਸਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਤੁਮਰੇ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰੇ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਦੁਸਟ ਦੂਤ ਪਰਮੇਸਰਿ ਮਾਰੇ ॥
ਜਨ ਕੀ ਪੈਜ ਰਖੀ ਕਰਤਾਰੇ ॥1॥
ਬਾਦਿਸਾਹ ਸਾਹ ਸਭ ਵਸਿ ਕਰਿ ਦੀਨੇ ॥
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮ ਮਹਾ ਰਸ ਪੀਨੇ ॥2॥
ਨਿਰਭਉ ਹੋਇ ਭਜਹੁ ਭਗਵਾਨ ॥
ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਕੀਨੋ ਦਾਨੁ ॥3॥
ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਓਟ ਪਕਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸੁਆਮੀ ॥4॥108॥

The above listed Shabad is my favourite shabad. The message of Satguru jee in this shabad is so promising. Guru Sahib addresses his Gursikh as “Har Jan” and says that if the Gursikh sits in his nijj-ghar with confidence i.e. if a Gursikh’s mind does not wander in the world and focuses on the nectar inside, then all the works and duties of such gursikh would be taken care of by Satguru jee. The whole shabad explains the benefits of focusing on Naam.

Sant Attar Singh jee Mastuanaywaalay used to recite this shabad numerous times and when he first did massive bhagti at Hazur Sahib, he recited this shabad 125,000 times.

I don’t know too much about Raags but from the ones that I have heard, I love Kaanra, Maalkauns and Bhairon. Apart from these Shiv-Ranjini is a very sweet Raag and not to mention Basant Raag.

Raag Bhairon is said to be the very first Raag ever created. According to Gurmat Sangeet, Raag Siri-Raag is considered as number 1.

“Saajan Desh VidesheeaRay” sung in Jatha is my favourite reet.

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee is my favourite gursikh because he reached very high Gurmat State but always stayed a humble gursikh of our Guru Sahib. He kept rehit against all odds and was a Sant Sipaahi. I love him for his books. Bhai Sahib will forever stay alive in Panth through his books.

I love the quality of Vaheguru through which he treats us like his children. He forgives our mistakes and fulfils all our just needs and wishes as a Parent. Imagine if he was not forgiving! We all would have been finished. All his other qualities would have been of no meaning to us, if he did not have the quality of forgiving us for our sins and treating us as his children. He is great because being our Parent, he shares all his qualities with us.

And my favourite rehit of Guru Sahib is to keep Kesh and wear Dastaara. This rehit gives us our unique and distinct appearance and I am forever indebted to Guru Sahib for blessing us with this rehit. Without this Rehit, we would have been devoid of our unique identity. When a Singh wears Dastaar, he looks like a Prince and when a daughter of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee wears a Dastaar, she truly looks beautiful. No makeup, no jewellery, no hairstyle can make a woman look as graceful, respectable and beautiful as Baana (including Dastaar) blessed by Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee.

When we went to meet Jathedar Vedanti jee in 2004, he was incidently drying his hair at that time. He asked our permission (his humility I guess) to have a meeting with us leaving his hair open. We all readily gave him our khushi on this. His hair were snow white and at this age too he had a lot of hair on his head. I was pretty impressed and could not resist asking him the reason he had such healthy and strong hair at this age. He just smiled and said that it was purely kirpa of Guru Sahib.

(Sant Bhindranwale wearing Dastaar - Santaa dee Dastaar dee Vaddee see Shaan jee)

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
June 17, 2010 12:44PM
My Favourites... =)

1) I love all Gurbaaneee..!! But my favourites are Japjeee Saaheb (Essence of complete Gurooo Granth Saaheb), Rehraaaas and Raamkaleee kee Vaar...

2) Mere Har Jeeo Sabh Ko Tereay Vass... Asaan Jor Naahee Je Kich Kar Ham Saakaey, Jeon Bhaavaey Tivey Bakhash... Vaheguroooo
I love this shabad because it reminds me again and again that im NOTHING and there is no "I" and "ME"... Its all HIS kirpaa and bakshshish...

3) I have no idea about Raags.. =(

4) Koyee Gaavaey Raagee Naadee Bedee Bauh Bhaant Kar, Nahee Har Har Bheejaey Raamraaje.... Tunes Dont Matter to me...

5) Bhai Randheer Singh Jeeee.... Pooran Daarjee... Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee.... Vaheguroooooo Vahegurooooooo Vaheguroooooooo...

6) He is ever forgiving... He forgives Paapees like me too... =(

7) Amrit Vela...
June 17, 2010 02:02PM

The entire Bani is KIRPAful and AmritMayyii. I personally start liking the Bani little more which i could do KANTH or do SHUDH PAAATH.

BAHUT JANAM VISHDE THEEE MADO EH Janam Tumare Lekhe

I dream/wish if i could ever sing this shabad from the deep of my heart(with which Ravidas ji would have sung) so that the BENTI in the Shabad reaches MADO whom we all seek.

Dont have much knowledge of RAAGs as such but from the BANI prospective i like doing the PAATH of SRI RAAG,ASA,SARANG.

Havent heard old singhs much. I like most of the reeets sung at Darbar Sahib Amritvela

Babihaaa Amrit vele boleya
Mado hum aise tooon aise
Guru Raaam Daaaas Rakho Sarnayiieee .........

I love Bhai Randhir Singh's strong love for Gursikhi,Guru Sahib,Rehats and HUTHH of following Guru Sahib's Hukams (small to big)
I love the ZAZBAA Sant Jarnail Singh had for the KAUM and his straight forward (NIDAAR) speeches to the Public and whosoever.

Nimayniaaan Maaaan divave

Bibek (all forms of Bibek - Speaking,seeing,eating,Vivahar with other Gursikhs or anyone,Nimarta,Sewa etc )

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
June 17, 2010 02:04PM
1.As previously mentioned all Banis are beautiful but if I were too name 5 then they would be

Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Twav Prasaaad , Chaupey Sahib, and Anand Sahib because these banis gave me life. What breast milk is for an infant baby is what Panj Bania is for a Gursikh without these Banis we cant survive grow in our SIkhi.

I also like Chandi Di Vaar and Sukhmani Sahib.

2. One of my favorite shabads is

ਇਛਾ ਪੂਰਕੁ ਸਰਬ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਵਸਿ ਹੈ ਕਾਮਧੇਨਾ ॥
ਸੋ ਐਸਾ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਮੇਰੇ ਜੀਅੜੇ ਤਾ ਸਰਬ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਵਹਿ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਾ ॥੧॥
ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ॥
ਹਲਤਿ ਪਲਤਿ ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਨਿਤ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਹਰਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਜਹ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਭਇਆ ਤਹ ਉਪਾਧਿ ਗਤੁ ਕੀਨੀ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਨਾ ॥
ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਗੁਰਿ ਇਹ ਮਤਿ ਦੀਨੀ ਜਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਵਜਲੁ ਤਰਨਾ ॥੨॥੬॥੧੨॥

because this shabad was the Hukum given after taking Amrit. I also like Mittar Pyaarey Noon and

ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਭਗਤੀ ਖਟਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਉਤਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਾਇਆ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥
ਵਿਚੇ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਗੁਰ ਬਚਨਿ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੋਹੁ ਜਲਾਇਆ ॥
ਆਪਿ ਤਰਿਆ ਕੁਲ ਜਗਤੁ ਤਰਾਇਆ ਧੰਨੁ ਜਣੇਦੀ ਮਾਇਆ ॥
ਐਸਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੋਈ ਪਾਏ ਜਿਸੁ ਧੁਰਿ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਹਰਿ ਲਿਖਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਭ੍ਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੧॥

I love Mittar Pyaarey Noon because Guru Sahib teaches us not to be attached to the pleasures of the world and only be attached to his devotion.

3. My favorite Raags are Raag Suhee and Raag Ramkalee. Raag suhee is full of peace, and Raag Ramkalee is a very potent raag which puts one in a careless and happy mood.

4. My favorite kirtan tune is ਲਿਖੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਾਲਾਹ ਲਿਖੁ ਲਿਖੁ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰੁ ॥੧॥

sung by BHai Gurdev Singh Ji ( Australlia)- highly recommend everyone to listen to the below link

[media.dharam.panthic.net]

5. There are countless Gurmukhs who I look up to from the past. If I were to chose 5 Gurmukhs from the last century that I highly look up they would be Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji, Sant Baba ISher Singh Ji ( Rara Sahib) Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji ( Mastuana) Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji , and Bhai Rama SIngh Ji. I have lots of respects for the mentioned Gurmukh Yogis who renounced everything in word, thought and deed for GUru Sahib. Dhan Dhan to Guru Sahib for giving the panth such blessed souls. There is much to learn from the lifes of such Gurmukhs.

6. Favorite Gun is Siddak ( being steadfast) it seems like this is the Gunn that Guru Sahib has been trying to teach me most after taking Amrit. To me being steadfast fast means to be firm in Gurmat principles and not get attached to beliefs and customs of groups or individual people. Amongst the many Gurmat qualities BHai Sahib was blessed with it was this quality that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji had that I admire most . Bhai Sahib preached Tat Gurmat at a time when it was not popular, and Bhai Sahib did not care about the popular beliefs like Kesh is kakkar he still preached Tat Gurmat. Had it not been for Bhai Sahib many of our sisters would be looking like Hindus today, no offense to any Hindus.

7. I ike the following rehatnama by Bhai Desa Singh Ji

ਗੁਰੂ ਸਰੂਪ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਹਈਏ ॥ ਜਿਨ ਕੀ ਟਹਿਲ ਪਰਮਸੁਖ ਲਹੀਏ

In this rehat I believe Guru Sahib is saying by serving the GuruPanth one gets accepted in Sach Khand. All the Gurmukhs that I have looked up to regarded themselves as slaves of the Guru-Panth they did not get attached to any social cliques. I find it unfortunate that people only recognize GUru Sahib in Sikhs that belong to their group. I truly believe that people who get attached to certain groups and do not treat all Sikhs with the same eye (respect) have no chance of getting mukhti.

My favorite and most difficult rehat is by Bhai Daya SIngh Ji

ਮਨ ਸੁਧ ਰਖੈ, ਹਰਖ ਸੋਗ ਹਰੈ

To me in this Rehat Guru Sahib is saying: purify the mind through Naam Abhyiias, be steadfast in Gurmat, and be above happiness or sorrow. Being above happiness and sorrow is truly a difficult avasta Sometimes we get happy when we have butter on our parshadey and some times we get sad when we dont get butter. May Guru Sahib give all of us the gifts of Naam Abhyiaas and Budh ParKash to accept whatever he gives us with a content mind.
June 17, 2010 02:14PM
1. May be, my favourite Baani is Swayeae Patshai 10 (Deenan Ki----------). It is short, sweet, and in beautiful poetry form of Swayeae.
2. Raam Gur Mohan Mohe Mann Lia------------------------- It is long, easy to understand and with interesting touching metaphors.
3. Favourite Rag be, Raag Bhairvi. It is suitable for every time period.
4. How to explain the Keertan Reet?sad smiley
5. My favourite Gursikhs are many and many. e.g. Bhai Gurdaas Ji, he is soooooooo intelligent. Mata Gulab Kaur (who finds reference in Jail Chithian), for her Masti & Bhagati. Col. Daljeet Singh Ji, Jalandhar; he looked so humble.
6. He can change humans, instantly. This is my favourite GUNN of Waheguru Ji, because this is my only hope.
7. Khalsa Rehat is all very beautiful. My favourite could be my KANGHA. It so short, hidden generally and works so wonderfully. smiling smiley

PS: all my favourites may change after posting this message. smiling smiley
June 17, 2010 02:45PM
1) Favorite bani has to be sukhmani sahib simple gurmukhi and I can read it in larivaar grinning smiley

2) Favorite shabad ieauN auTy isMG Bbkwir kY sB jg frpwnw [
The Singhs rose up roaring and whole world was over-awed. bhai gurdas ji i love all his vaaran amritkirtan 282

3) Favorite raag kanra as you have that urge to meet waheguroo and gives dass the determination to be a better gursikh

4) Favortie tune has to be this vaar ieauN auiT Bbky bl bIr isMG SsqR cmkwey [ The mighty Singhs rose and made their arms to shine. by bhai mohinder singh sdo 1980s sat sat sat sat sat sat gurdev

5)Dass's greatest inspirations are bhai sahib randhir singh, bhai fauja singh, and mai bhago. All as these gursikh lived and breathed sikhi all the time, there are gursikhs that are alive now that are a great inspiration to me but will not name them as i dont want to "pump" them up, but no only have they helped me in sikhi but treat me like a son/brother.

6)The quality that guroo sahib can change a worm to a king
hm rulqy iPrqy koeI bwq n pUCqw gur siqgur sMig kIry hm Qwpy ]
I was rolling around in the dirt, and no one cared for me at all. In the Company of the Guru, the True Guru, I, the worm, have been raised up and exalted.

DMnu DMnu gurU nwnk jn kyrw ijqu imilAY cUky siB sog sMqwpy ]4]5]11]49]
Blessed, blessed is the Guru of servant Nanak; meeting Him, all my sorrows and troubles have come to an end. ||4||5||11||49||

Only satguroo has this gunn no mortal can wield it which makes it my favorite
7) Favorite rehat has to khalsa bana as guroo sahib has taken some one who had nothing and made them into a king smiling smiley
June 17, 2010 04:18PM
This is not possible for me to answer

I can't answer this one either! lol, but still,

Simrat naam maneh sukha payeae- Love this shabad sung by Bhai Balbir Singh Ji in raag kaanra, can't explain why, just listen! [www.gurmatveechar.com]

gursikh jogee jagade (bhai gurdas vara)- this is a shabad which is frequently sung during the high point in rainsabais, in a particular reet, so its associated with the vibrations and feelings of that time in the rainsabai. The shabad just sums up Gursikhi in an undescribably beautiful way.

And many many more!

Can't choose between Kaanra and Brindabani Saarang. And who doesn't love dhanasri?

The reet in the link of Bhai Balbir Singh Ji above

I cannot possibly answer this!

Love and forgiveness

Bana and Guru Di Fateh combined- Just love seeing singhs unexpectedly outside and sharing fateh!
June 18, 2010 12:40AM
this is AWSOME!

Shabad Hazare soo much prem for guru jee soo much vaairaag
Sukhmani Sahib- Just simple and beautiful

ab kaloo aio raay ek naam bovho bovho
just gives a great message kaljugf is coming plant the seeds of Waheguru jee;s name name!
im also loving this shabad right now:
[www.youtube.com]

I love sri raag and basant raag
just beautiful the bani in these raags is sooo apealing to daas

[www.youtube.com]
morr babee boldai

and the tune panchai sabad vujai mat gurmat

Sant Jarnail Singh Jee
Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee
Sant Kartar Singh Jee
Sant Baba Thakur Singh Jee

Just all the seva they did for the panth and countless gursikhs they freed from this 84 lakh

no enemies
just amazing
no hate no matter what and nimrata of sargun saroop

i really like dietry bibek
and amritvela is awsome as well
June 18, 2010 08:07AM
It was so delightful to read different views and tastes. Thanks for the answers and links to your favourite Shabads.

Bhai Balbir Singh's Shabad sung in Raag Kanra was mind-blowing. The link given by gsingh jee as his favourite Shabad is really good. Bhai Jaspal Singh sang that Shabad with so much josh. The energy in the Sangat is remarkable.

With respect to the favourite Rehit, Amritvela seems to be the choice of most Sangat.

Vaheguru!

Kulbir Singh
June 19, 2010 02:25PM
manswisdom
3) Raag mala, as it's very deep in meaning and it sounds cool...

is raag mala a raag??? i've never heard any compositions in this raag. i recently got a CD of Dr. Gurnaam Singh called "Raag Darshan", where he does one shabad from each raag. raag mala is never mentioned there.

i thought it was a list of raags? hence the word mala, used for counting, it is a poem that counts various raags.
June 20, 2010 11:47AM

I can only answer this when I have read all of my Guruji.

Kabeer, I long to die; let me die at the Lord's Door.
I hope that the Lord does not ask, ""Who is this, lying at my door?""

The above Shabd just brings soo much emotion and really hits home the reality when im wasting my days away.

The below shabd because it gives me hope yawning smiley)

As many mistakes as the son commits,
his mother does not hold them against him in her mind. ||1||
O Lord, I am Your child.
Why not destroy my sins? ||1||Pause||
If the son, in anger, runs away,
even then, his mother does not hold it against him in her mind. ||2||
My mind has fallen into the whirlpool of anxiety.
Without the Naam, how can I cross over to the other side? ||3||
Please, bless my body with pure and lasting understanding, Lord;
in peace and poise, Kabeer chants the Praises of the Lord

I dont have enough understanding to answer this question.

I dont have enough understanding to answer this question.

So many to mention! But ones im drawn to more from olden times (dont know why) Banda Singh Bahadur how amazing must he have been to go to Punjab with five Singhs and to conquer soo much and his shaheedi is amazing. Baaz Singh I can just see the moment where he broke free from his chains and destroyed the enemy within seconds. Bhai Gurbachan Singh (from Baba Deep Singh Jis time) He used to always wear a garland around his neck as he told everyone he was married to death.

The bibiya in Mir mannus jails, I still cant imagine what they went through, but their love for naam and Guru was strong loyal and firm and its because of these mothers we have had such amazing Singhs.

From more recent times Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh, his life is an inspiration and like with many has had a huge effect on mine. I think he was very good at standing up for his beliefs as well, even if it was him against the majority, it never stopped him, but he was humble as well, if he didnt agree with something he simply walked away. And to keep rehat in British jails for so many years, its just makes me look pathetic with the excuses I come out with. Another Sikh of recent times is Bhai Sukhdev Singh and Bhai Anokh Singh, I heard some amazing stories of these two Gursikhs whilst in India. Bhai Anokh Singh Jis shaheedi is WOW! The fear that Sukhdev Singh struck into the Indian authorities is WOW!

haha has to be forgiveness as thats what I will be begging for! Another one would have to be Nirvair, such a difficult concept to impliment.

Has to be tying a keski and dastaar.
June 20, 2010 01:49PM
1. Fav Banee is Japjee Sahib
Dasam Baanee - Akaal Ustat

2. Fav Shabad is -

dhaekh fool fool foolae ||
Behold the flowers flowering, and the blossoms blossoming forth!

aha(n) thiaag thiaagae ||
Renounce and abandon your egotism.

charan kamal paagae ||
Grasp hold of His Lotus Feet.

thum milahu prabh sabhaagae ||
Meet with God, O blessed one.

har chaeth man maerae || rehaao ||
O my mind, remain conscious of the Lord. ||Pause||

saghan baas koolae ||
The tender young plants smell so good,

eik rehae sook kat(h)oolae ||
while others remain like dry wood.

basa(n)th ruth aaee ||
The season of spring has come;

parafoolathaa rehae ||1||
it blossoms forth luxuriantly. ||1||

ab kaloo aaeiou rae ||
Now, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga has come.

eik naam bovahu bovahu ||
Plant the Naam, the Name of the One Lord.

an rooth naahee naahee ||
It is not the season to plant other seeds.

math bharam bhoolahu bhoolahu ||
Do not wander lost in doubt and delusion.

gur milae har paaeae || jis masathak hai laekhaa ||
One who has such destiny written on his forehead, shall meet with the Guru and find the Lord.

man ruth naam rae ||
O mortal, this is the season of the Naam.

gun kehae naanak har harae har harae ||2||18||
Nanak utters the Glorious Praises of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, Har. ||2||18||

3. Raag Asaa is wonderful and so is Raag Bhairav - Both are Bairagee and they sound wonderful when sung with a sarangee or dilrubaa.

4. Basant Kee Vaar (Har Kaa Naam Dhiaye Kai...Kanpur Samagam 2007) Bhai Manpreet Singh

5. Baba Buddha Jee, Baba Deep Singh Jee, Bhai Randheer Singh Jee, Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee, Sant Jarnail Singh Jee, Sahibzada Fateh Singh

The sahibzade were once all playing together. When Fateh Singh wanted to join, his older brothers said you're too young and too small. Baba Fateh Singh Jee went away and started tiring and akaal roop dumallara. He kept on tying layer on top of layer. He came out with a huge dumalla and said, now I can play. Guroo Gobind Singh Jee got very happy at seeing this.

6. Ajunee & Saibhann
He is free from life and death and self sufficient and self existent. I wonder how he does it sometimes, but he knows it all.

7. Shashtardhaaree Rehit & Sarabloh Bibek (This includes the daas loves a vegetarian diet)
June 20, 2010 05:31PM
Piyasi Chatrik
4. Love listening to Bhai Dr. Pritam Singh ji Anjaan.
People nowadays sing from their throat, he sang from soul.
People sing to please others, he sang HOPING to please His master.
People sing holding on to their musical skills, he sang holding His Beloveds feet .

This shabad sung by him hits endless arrows of separation on Chatrik which cause tears to flow:
ਤਉ ਦਰਸਨ ਕੀ ਕਰਉ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
ਮੈ ਦਰਿ ਮਾਗਤੁ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
(anyone who has the recording of this shabad PLEASE contact me....pleaseeeeeeeeeee!)

my excitement knew no bounds today. Thanks to gsingh88! enjoy:

Tau Darshan Ki Karo Se'ma-aee

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Chota veer
June 21, 2010 12:20AM
Anand Mangalam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login