ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

question about difference in maryada

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh

Please forgive me in advance as I am ignorant about this issue, and came across it based on hearsay.

From what I have been told, out of Sri Akal Takht Sahib and Sri Darbar Sahib, at the end of sehej paath or akhand paath, Ragmala is recited at one of the two, and not at another. I wanted to confirm (1.) if this is true, (2.) which one follows what.

Thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
They have traditionally read raag mala at sri darbar sahib. they did not read it akal takht until the 1990s when jasbir singh rode became jathedar. he was from damdami taksal and decided to implement their maryada on the panth without taking panthic decision.
Immediately before 1984, when Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, was residing in Sri Akal Takhat Sahib complex, some of the singhs wanted to start reading Raagmala there. Sant Ji did not allow for that. This speaks of his high status as a Leader.
sant jee clearly had guru khalsa panth in mind in all of his actions. he was a great leader because he did not divide, but encouraged ekta among the khalsa. taksal and jatha singhs got shaheed together, standing against the enemy as brothers, as khalsa.

previous jathedars of damdami taksal were also respectful of jatha. it's so sad to see the youngsters of both jathas fighting each other today. it seems they have forgotten their leaders of the past. sad smiley
1kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sant jee clearly had guru khalsa panth in mind in
> all of his actions. he was a great leader because
> he did not divide, but encouraged ekta among the
> khalsa. taksal and jatha singhs got shaheed
> together, standing against the enemy as brothers,
> as khalsa.
>
> previous jathedars of damdami taksal were also
> respectful of jatha. it's so sad to see the
> youngsters of both jathas fighting each other
> today. it seems they have forgotten their leaders
> of the past. sad smiley

Please listen to this audio from giani thakur singh Sant Da Jeevan
Right click and save it please. Next time please do not say stuff your not sure about.... first listen to what Giani Thakur Singh says about Sant Jarnail Khalsa Bhinderawale. Giani Thakur was there when the attacks in 1984 happend with Sant Ji...
care to translate it?
Here is a beautiful story of Gursikhi Love

Meetings with Giani Baba Kartar Singh Jee (Bhindran Wale)

Bhai Jeevan Singh jee used to be invited by Giani Baba Kartar Singh jee Bhindran Wale to do Keertan at Mehtaa. It has been said that Baba jee would wait at the train station for Bhai Sahib and the Akhand Kirtani Jatha Singhs to come. When Bhai Sahib jee used to get off the train Baba jee would rush to the train to greet Bhai Sahib. When they would meet they would embrace one another with so much pyaar. Baba jee held Bhai Sahib jee in great regard. Baba jee himself would serve Bhai Jeevan Singh jee langar with his own hands. Whenever Bhai Jeevan Singh jee would enter the Diwaan where Baba Kartar Singh jee would be doing Kathaa, Baba jee would stop the Kathaa and say request Gurmukh pyaare Bhai Jeevan Singh jee to do keertan for the Sangat.

Please could we refrain from posting such kind of topics. So far this forum has been well maintained and there has been no heated debates thumbs up
Vista ji

My intention was not to cause any friction. I asked a simple question which could have been answered in a simple manner. Those who posted are requested to not go off-topic and not argue unnecessarily. This is the only forum where I am hopeful of getting a proper response without any clashes, and I know it will continue to be the best. I expected only those who knew about this issue to respond to my question and did not expect any other comments about any other issues.
i dont unerstand there isnt even any arguing going on.....

singh just asked a question and it was answered

however 1kaur got a chance to say something negative about the taksal maryada and she said it . no offence bhainjee but anytime i read ur posts ur all ways hating on the taksal.... taksal does this taksal does that... i understand that you dont like the maryada that the taksal and us(the followers of the taksal believe to be guru jee's maryada)... i can come on here and say Raagmala is Bani Kes is Kakkar and mool mantar is upto nanak hosi bhee sach and i can say that the AKJ maryada is brahmical(like how you say) but i dont because I respect the AKJ.... you need to calm down on the taksal bashing.. i dont bash the AKJ every chance i get, i can but for ekta i dont... i understand that this is a more AKJ forum but still you cant just diss a major panthic jathebandi like that....

sorry if i offended anyone i dont mean to come out and seem angry
i love the akj
i love the taksal
i love the khalsa
veerjee, i did not say anything negative, i stated a fact. jasbir singh rode was indeed from damdami taksal, and he indeed did change the maryada of akal takht to not read raag mala. not reading raag mala at akal takht has always been the maryada. when jasbir singh rode changed it, he was clearly implementing the maryada he had learned, and clearly he had learned it from damdami taksal.

i do not understand how this can be considered hate, but i apologize if i have indeed offended you.
i do not mean in this topic but in other topics and other places i have always read your posts on the taksal and they have been against the taksal
VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaaVaahegurooJeeKeeFateh!

While I do not agree with some things 1kaur BhainJee says on these forums, I must agree with her here. Where is the Taksaal bashing? It is a known fact that Sant Jarnail Singh Jee chastised his own nephew for reading RaagMaalaa when this was NOT the maryaadaa followed at Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib. This is well outlined in various texts. It is also true that the reading of RaagMaalaa only began after Jasbir Singh Rode bacame Jathedaar of Sri Akaal Takhat. And YES, this decision was not made by Sarbat Khalsa or the Panth, but rather by Singhs affiliated with Taksaal. So where is the bashing? Perhaps she could have worded it better, but sugar-coating these facts does not change the underlying truth. It is also very evident that the friction going on these days amongst Jathebandees are due to youth who call themselves either AKJ or Taksaal, but who have no idea about either's true history, maryaadaa, or traditions.

Below was taken from the old Tapoban forums. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY:

ਦਿੱਲੀ ਮੇ ਰਕਾਬ ਗੰਜ ਕੰਧ ਢਾਹੀ ਜੋ ਫਿਰੰਗੀ, ਸਿੰਘ ਸਾਵਧਾਨ ਜਾਗੇ ਸੀਸਾਂ ਤਾਂਈਂ ਲਾਵਨੇ।
ਭਾਈ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਸੀਸ ਦੇਣ ਆਪ ਗਏ, ਕੰਧ ਉਸਰਾਲੀ ਫੇਰ ਮੋਨੀ ਘਬਰਾਵਨੇ।
ਸੰਤ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਮੁ ਲਿਵਲਾਈ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ, ਕੀਰਤਨ ਅਖੰਡ ਕਰੈ ਮਨ ਤਿਪ੍ਰਤਾਵਨੇ।
ਸਤਾਰਾਂ ਸਾਲ ਜੇਲ੍ਹ ਕਟੀ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਬੀਚ ਛਕੈ, ਧੰਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਰੰਗ ਗਾਵਨੇ॥

The above was written by Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale (previous Jathedar of Damdamee Taksaal) in the poem 'Sri Gurmukh Parkaash' (Published by Baba Mohan Singh Ji, 1984, by Locket Printers, Amritsar Sahib) about Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee. Despite differences of opinion regarding maryada between Akhand Kirtani Jatha and Damdami Taksaal, the mutual love and respect these Gurmukhs had for one another is evident in Sant Jee's own words. THIS IS THE TRUE STANCE BETWEEN TAKSAAL AND AKJ.

I love Taksaal. I also love the Jatha. It was because of Sant Jarnail Singh Jee (and obviously Guru Sahib's kirpaa) that I first became interested in and came into Sikhi. I took Amrit after meeting Baba Takhur Singh Jee long ago here in California. Baba Jee asked if I had taken Amrit (at the time I had not). He told me that Singhs with him were organizing an Amrit Sanchaar, and that I should be there. So I did. Years later, after doing much independent studying and research, and after keeping sangat with many DIFFERENT types of Sikhs, I started attending more Jatha programs. Later in life I was blessed with Naam Drirh after peshing in a Jatha-organized Amrit Sanchaar.

These petty differences are pointless. They have been here for centuries, and will remain in the Panth until Guru Sahib brings true ektaa amongst us all. Focusing on them will only drive people away from wanting to take Amrit and fully embrace Sikhi.

Look at the various forums out there; most people posting on them were born well after the 1984 ghalooghaaraa. What do they really know about these amazing Panthic institutions? It's easy to call yourself a Taksaali Singh or a Jatha Singh: read a couple books written by "your side," attend a few programs organized by "your" Jathebandee, wear the right kind of chola and dastaar, etc. But how many of the people causing these differences and divisions also live the kind of life and follow the same maryaadaa as either Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee or Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee? It's a shame.

It makes no difference what Giani Takhur Singh says in his kathaa, or what so-and-so Baba or "Sant Brahmgiani" says about Sant Jarnail Singh Jee. A lot of people these days make the claim that they used to stay with Sant Jee in Mehta before 1984, or they were "with him in 1984." Just because someone knew Sant Jee does not mean they speak for him or Taksaal. Their word does not stand as the official word of Taksaal. Giani Takhur Singh also openly attended a program of Panthic dusht RSS chief Rulda Singh in the recent past (you can find details on Panthic.org). What does that say about his credibility?

Read the above words of Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee. There's your answer about this AKJ/Taksaal issue.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaaVaahegurooJeeKeeFateh!
Tarnveer Singh
im not saying in this topic but everywhere in other topics and on facebook there is bashing...

i was just asking her to stop

i am not saying that jasbir singh rode did the right thing or the wrong thing.... the panth should have decided together if raagmala should be read or not... (and maybe i dont believe in raagmala either) people just assume that just because i follow the taksal maryada i automatically hate the jatha... or that other people that follow the taksal hate the AKJ... i have MAD pyaar for the AKJ and soo do most taksal youth that I know and vice versa maybe its where you guys live that there is a rift between the akj and the taksal not here where i live..... i guess were just lucky

and Giani Thakur Singh has done lots and lots of seva for the panth and he didnt just stay with sant jee they were like best friends and what sant brahmgiani has said anything about sant jarnail singh... if you are talking about sant baba thakur singh jee ... i wouldnt go there if i were you.......................
I am quite new and not too involved with this forum. However, I stand beside Bhenji 1kaur Jee, she has not started anything that "Bashed" the taksal. She stated facts and facts only. This forum is beautiful and there are no debates. Please refrain from accusing other members.
To answer veer Mehtab Singh:

In Sri Harimandhir Sahib, the top floor where the Sri Akhand Paath Sahib takes place. It is read till Ragmala.

In Sri Akal Takhts Sahib it was not read, Phen ji 1kaur & Veer Tarnveer Sahib ji has provided the details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gsingh ji dass sincerely thinks that you are overreacting.
Before reacting in volatile situations its wiser to reflect on the intentions of the other party.
Phen jis intentions were not bad in anyway.

Dass has never seen 'Taksal Bashing' on this forum.
If so, please back up the claim with some quotations from any previous threads/post.
If you can't ....you just offended Gursikhs on this forum who has no ill feelings towards Taksal.

“Arguments Wins The Situation But Loses The Person…So Never Argue With you Brothers&Sisters in Gurmat…
Because Situation Is Not Important Than The 1 Guru we have in common ...which we Believe and Love in’’

Chota veer
tarnveer singh jee
wear the right kind of chola and dastaar, etc.

i wear taksalee bana! grinning smiley

(it's true, i do!)
gsingh veerjee,

if i say something that offends you, please point to that thing and we can discuss it politely. to choose a random thread to harass me isn't fitting for this forum.

thanks.
TarnveerSingh giani thakur singh has spent his life with sant jarnail singh khalsa, so did he spend time with sant harnam singh rampure kele wale, also his uncle was a bram giani. He may not admit it but he has a lot of kamai and I would advise you to listen to him. He knows a lot about bani and his veechar is much better then the 1 liners you find of translations of the internet.

Also read sant harnam singh rampure kele wale's autobiography about raag mala you will get your answer. Also I advise you to listen to this katha by sant gurbachan singh on raag male raag mala (right click and save it). Here you get sant gurbachan singh himself speaking.

sant harnam singh says the raag mala was always recited but over time at 1 point it stopped getting recited but with kirpa it got recited again.

But it's up to you to believe it is bani or not...
If my other post got accepted here I forgot to mention my last line I wrote in the post was

" raag mala was always recited but over time at 1 point it stopped getting recited but with kirpa it got recited again."
I think this was a bachan made by sant harnam singh about the future I think at that point in his life it wasn't getting recited for probably the reason stated above.... But it told the sangat about the future as you can see today his bachan is true raag mala is being recited.
The Admins and other Gursikhs on this forum are quite vigilant when it comes to bashing a Panthik organization, be it Taksal or AKJ. Bhain jee 1Kaur may have asked a genuine question but to the best of our knowledge, she has never "bashed" Taksal on this forum.

We request all users to ensure that the serene spiritual atmostphere of this forum is maintained.

Topic locked.

Admin.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.