ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Animals and Mukhti

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Animals and Mukhti
June 15, 2010 02:35PM
Is it possible for an atma in Animal body to go to Sack Khand. My understanding is that one must be a Gursikh to go to Sach Khand. But I have heard many stories in which atmas in animals bodies received mukhti. For example, Guru Sahibs horse ( Dilbagh). There is another sakhi which Guru Sahib gave mukhti to a rabbit in Nander.

I always believed that Narak and Sach Khand are for atmas that had had human body in the previous life. But many Sakhis seem to prove this understanding as wrong. Obviously there are special cases that with Guru Sahibs kirpa perhaps an animal can get mukhti. But generally speaking is it possible for an animal to go to hell or any higher spiritual realm.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Animals and Mukhti
June 15, 2010 02:39PM
all of the sakhis i have read involve guru sahib ending the animal's physical life so they can take birth as gurmukh and have a chance at mukhti...
June 15, 2010 02:45PM
Mukti and Udhaar have a wide range of meaning. If one skips 84 Lakh jooni and gets Human form right away, it would be a form of Mukti and Udhaar. If jeev-Aatma stuck in a ghost jooni gets freedom from this jooni, it would be classified as Mukti as well. Gurmat Mokh Duaar or Mukti is a much higher position that is accessible only to Gurmukhs.

It is hard to imagine that a Jeev-Aatma stuck in an animal's form would have access to Sachkhand.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
June 15, 2010 06:37PM
When I have heard different sakhis about animals getting Mukhti it seemed like it was referring to being free from Lakh Jooni of all species including animals. Like the Sakhi which mentions Guru Sahibs horse descending to Sach Khand with Guru Sahib? This has always seemed strange to me.
June 15, 2010 07:10PM
i hadn't heard the one about the horse... where is this sakhi found?
June 16, 2010 06:50AM
There is another incident from Sant Karam Singh Ji Hoti-Mardan Wale's life, where Babaji gives mukti to a struggling fish, and later on tells the background that it was a Pathan who used to slander Babaji while he was meditating. Once Babaji gives a bachan "why are you suffering like a fish...". After that pathan dies, he's gets the jooni of this fish.

In the exact wordings of babaji, according to his bioghraphy, "....Now still remembering his meeting with me from his previous birth he had returned for forgiveness, which I have done and now he is free from these cycles of birth".

This points to the possibility of that soul getting salvation after the jooni of a fish!

Dass,
-JP
June 16, 2010 08:39AM
does a "sant" have the power to free someone/something from chaurasi lakh joon?
June 16, 2010 09:40AM
As per the meagre understanding this Daas has, Mukti is the prerogative of Satguru alone. Yes, a Gurmukh may do Sifaarish to Guru Sahib to grant someone the means of Mukti but directly only Guru Sahib has the power to grant someone Gurmat Mukti. Salvation means being one with Vaheguru and this Pauri makes it clear that without Satguru, no one has ever attained Vaheguru and that Vaheguru has placed himself in Satguru:

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਪੁ ਰਖਿਓਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਆਖਿ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਸਦਾ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਚੁਕਾਇਆ ॥
ਉਤਮੁ ਏਹੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਚੇ ਸਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇਆ ॥
ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੬॥

When the terrible ghost of Jaipur asked Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee to grant him Mukti, Bhai Sahib expressed his inablility to do so. Then a Siri Akhand Paath Sahib was done for this ghost and through this Paath and subsequent Ardaas before Satguru jee, the attained Mukti from this horrible life-form of ghost.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
June 16, 2010 10:18AM
ਗਨਿਕਾਉਧਰੀਹਰਿਕਹੈਤੋਤ ॥
ਗਜਇੰਦ੍ਰਧਿਆਇਓਹਰਿਕੀਓਮੋਖ ॥

The elephant was given mukhti. But, ironically there is no mention of the parrot which made Mata Ganika ji Jaap Naam was saved or not.

Chota veer
June 16, 2010 02:16PM
1kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i hadn't heard the one about the horse... where
> is this sakhi found?

Im not sure if this Sakhi has been written I think its more of a Sakhi which has been passed down orally. FOr this reason I have been skeptical of its validity .

I do not read many Sakhees because I often feel like they contradict Gurmat so I really never know if a Sakhi has been documented by a Gurmukh or just made up.

For example, there is another Sakhi about a Gursikh ( Mulla Khatri) who was alive during Pehli Paathshahs time. His wife persuaded hm to avoid GUru Sahib and as a result he was bit by a snake and died. His wife then begged Guru Sahib to bring her husband back to life, and Guru Sahib said I will free him in my 10th form. SO for 200 years this atma was in the existence of different joons. Then Guru Sahib went hunting killed a Rabbit which was Mulla Khatri thus he became free from the cycles of births and deaths.

In the video below there is a scene which show this - FOrward to 5 minutes

[www.youtube.com]

Note: there is mention of Guru Sahib freeing Mulla Khatri from the cycle of Births and Deaths. To me this mean final mukhti- going to Sach Khand. So Im still puzzledas to how a rabbit can get free from the cycle of births and deaths. In Gurbani, I have never seen any pangti which mentions atmas in animal joon can end birth and deaths?

The story of Mulla Khatri is very popular. I remember when I went to Hazoor Sahib I think there was a Gurdwara called Gurdara Shikar Sahib which monuments this event. The sevadars of Hazoor Sahib also explain this sakhi when the tourist come to Gurdwara .
June 16, 2010 02:22PM
It just occurred to me perhaps Mulla Khatri got free from the life and deaths that he was cursed with for those 200 years and in the next life he got the birth of a Gursikh?
June 16, 2010 02:25PM
sukhdeep singh
I remember when I went to Hazoor Sahib I think there was a Gurdwara called Gurdara Shikar Sahib which monuments this event.

does Shikar mean "hunt"? i think in punjab they also use it to refer to pig meat?

interesting name for a gurdwara... confused smiley
June 16, 2010 06:06PM

It just occurred to me perhaps Mulla Khatri got free from the life and deaths that he was cursed with for those 200 years and in the next life he got the birth of a Gursikh?

Absolutely! It has to be this. Moola Khatri was not an elevated soul when he ended up in the jooni of a rabbit. How then can he go to Sachkhand directly from the jooni of a rabbit. Guru Sahib freed him from the animal joonis and must have given him a new life as a Gursikh.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
June 16, 2010 06:07PM

does Shikar mean "hunt"? i think in punjab they also use it to refer to pig meat?

Yes Shikaar means hunting in Punjabi but I have not heard pig meat being referred to as shikaar.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login