ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smart parchar for sehajdharis!

Posted by harinder_singh 
There is a very intelligent smart singh who is pretty young, just 35 but has a really nice jeevan. According to him, people should be never be forced to keep hair. He runs a nitnem parkash organization where every day, amritvela is done at various houses of the sangat.. Monaas are especially encouraged to come. There is also a van service which can pick and drop any sangat member free of cost.
Their daily schedule is :
3 am -4.30 am- Sukhmani Sahib
4.30 -5am - Vaheguru simran with harmonium
5 - 6am - Nitnem of Punj banis

After 6 am, there is some tea and snacks served and in the meantime, shoes of sangat are cleaned and polished. Monas are especially encouraged to do this seva of polishing shoes of sangat and to wash the tea-cups.

This singh has been doing this seva for about 4 years and many monaas have kept hair and chakked amrit. Many monaas have kept hair of their young sons. Even some punjabi hindus have become sikhs by the power of nitnem and the power of Gurbani. Many people have given up alcohal, many girls stopped doing their eyebrows etc..
I really feel this is an excellent way of parchaar, just make people attend the amritvela and let Bani do the rest.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
It is delightful to hear that someone is doing Parchaar of Gurmat. May Guru Sahib give more strength to this Singh, so that he may carry out this good work.

I have learned that if a person starts doing Paath, he or she automatically, over the course of time, stops cutting hair and starts walking towards Gurmat. But this does not mean that we should draw a rigid line as to never ask anyone to keep Kesh. It all depends on the candidate. Some people need inspiration from others to stop cutting hair. All strategies should be employed to bring worthy candidates to Gurmat.

Kulbir Singh
Veer jee,
The first thing that should be done is to bring sehajdharis into regular sangat. Once, this happens, they will start to make friends with sangat and at some point will be told about the importance of hair, amrit, gursikhi, the importance of this human life.
I feel these type of amritvela initiatives should be done everywhere. All one needs is a van service, good communication skills to convince sehardharis to come.
Amritvela is a BIG and HUGE factor. Even if a Hindu maintains it, he/she eventually becomes a Singh/Kaur. And if an Amritdhari loses it, he/she becomes a loser.

- loser
Veer Harinder Singh Ji, that is impressive programme. Please do let us know the name of that smart Singh ji. You should also inform us about your personal experiences after attending the Amrit Vela.

Most of us are evasive about interacting with Non amritdhari or Patits, especially during Amrit Vela sessions. Our Bibek rules, keep us "away" from such sewa adventures. Naam Simran Session, could never be adovocated in open Sangat through this website. However, Gurbani Nitnem, Sukhmani Sahib, should have been a connecting bridge, between all Sangat, around us. To ensure participation and envolvement of a Non Amritdhai person, who attends Sangat is an important key, to open links with him/her. But, this has always been a uphill task for AKJ. We, do not allow them in our kitchens. Alternatively, other modes should have been worked out. Interacting with them is most desired and pro Gurmat.

This seems to be a case of failure of smart salesmanship. We do not allow them to see our best products (Amrit Vela, Nitnem, Kirtan) and expect them to deal with us. Home to home delivery of these products is desired under present situations.smiling smiley A much closer interaction is expected in homes, as compared to Gurdwaras.
MB Singh Jee,
This smart singh is AKJ i think. But I have observed lots of AKJ singhs in cities like Ludhiana dont keep dietary bibek and nor do they do swas swas abhiyaas at amritvela. They just do kirtan, sukhmani sahib and nitnem at amritvela.
Harinder singh.. even "JUST" nitnem at amritvela is difficult for most of us..

but it is great to hear that sehjdharis can feel so welcome and encouraged to do all this..
nitnem, sangat, seva.. of course this would only lead them towards sikhi, and grow the love of waheguru
in their hearts, leading them to realize the true hira in this world, sikhi.
i think its a great way to start the parchar..

even those monays are more fortunate than some of us that dont get regular sangat..
chalo, maharaj ji kirpa karan =)

wjkk wjkf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login