ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

letter by baba banda singh

Posted by Bhagauti 
letter by baba banda singh
May 31, 2010 12:37PM
it is said that baba banda singh ji sent this last letter to bhai mani singh, from gurdas nangal:

ਮਾਣਯੋਗ ਭਾਈ ਜੀਓ।।

ਵੈਰੀ ਨੇ ਬੜਾ ਜਬਰਦਸਤ ਘੇਰਾ ਘੱਤਿਓ ਸੁ।। ਅਨਾਜ ਪਾਣੀ ਦੀ ਕੋਈ ਆਮਦ ਨਹੀਂ।। ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਲ ਮੇਂ ਹੈਣ।। ਨਿਆਣੇ ਰੋਇ ਜਾਤਿ ਹੈ।। ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਗਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਤਾਬੀ ਹਥਯਾਰ ਦੇ ਕਰ ਭੇਜਣਾ।। ਕਿਸੀ ਵਕਤ ਕਾ ਭਰੋਸਾ ਨਾਹੀਂ।। ਬੁੰਗੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਨੁ।। ਖਾਲਸੇ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ਹੋਗੁ।। ਅਸਾਂ ਅੰਤ ਸਮੇਂ ਤੀਕ ਜੂਜਣ ਕਾ ਨੇਮ ਕੀਤੋਸੁ।।

is this letter authentic?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: letter by baba banda singh
June 01, 2010 12:26AM
i have read a letter im not sure if this is the one
but it was sent by baba banda singh bahadur
Re: letter by baba banda singh
June 01, 2010 05:36AM
i found this whilst looking for a letter

The following is an English version of Banda Singh's letter.

Deg O Teg O Fateh o nusrat bedirang
Yaft Az Nanak Guru Gobind Singh

The kettle and the sword (Symbols of charity and power), victory and blessing have been obtained from Guru Nanak-Gobind Singh. God is one! Victory to the Presence!! This is the order of Sri Sachcha Sahib (The great master) to the entire Khalsa. The Guru will protect you. Call upon the Guru's name. Your lives will be fruitful!. You are the Khalsa of the great immortal God. On seeing this letter, repair to the presence, wearing five arms. Observe the rules of conduct laid down for the Khalsa. Do not use Bhang, tobocco, Poppy, wine, or any other intoxicant...Commit no theft or adultery. We have brought Satyug (the golden age) Love one another. This is my wish. He who lives according to the rules of Khalsa shall be saved by the Guru.
The desperation in the letter is obvious. It is sad that there were Singhs who could have helped Baba Banda Singh jee Bahadur and other Singhs stuck in the fort but chose to stay away. The following two lines are so heart-breaking:

ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਲ ਮੇਂ ਹੈਣ।। ਨਿਆਣੇ ਰੋਇ ਜਾਤਿ ਹੈ।।
(The families are in great difficulty. The children are constantly crying).

The children were crying because they were hungry. It is sad and disappointing that they did not heed to this command of Baba jee: ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਗਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਤਾਬੀ ਹਥਯਾਰ ਦੇ ਕਰ ਭੇਜਣਾ।। ਕਿਸੀ ਵਕਤ ਕਾ ਭਰੋਸਾ ਨਾਹੀਂ।।
(Right away send Sangat armed with weapons. Time is not to be trusted i.e. anything can happen anytime).

Vaheguru! We have not recovered from the time Baba jee went Shaheed. To this day, after Baba jee got Shaheed the leadership format that Guru Sahib gave us, has not been implemented in Panth. Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login