ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Western Quotations and Gurbani

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Today at work I came across a quote

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana - Spanish Philosopher

I thought this is a great quote. This has become one of the most popular sayings in the West. I think it contains alot of truth but its incomplete and doesnt give much instructions.

This quote reminded me of the beautiful pauri in Rehras Sahib

bhee paraapath maanukh dhaehureeaa ||gobi(n)dh milan kee eih thaeree bareeaa ||avar kaaj thaerai kithai n kaam ||
mil saadhhasa(n)gath bhaj kaeval naam ||1||

Guru Sahib states that after numerous births and deaths we have finally received this human body so we should make good of this good opportunity . In this way we learn from and erase all our previous mistakes The biggest mistake forgetting WaaheGuru. This way we wont repeat our comings and going. Being born in the house of Guru Sahib we should learn the teachings with the holy company. In this way we are not doomed to repeat the past and our karma changes. The only problem is such company to find is rare and hard to find in this dark age. May Guru Ji bless us with the company of souls who want to make a success of this human life.

Its interesting how Guru Ji spoke the truth hundreds of years ago ,but modern philosophers are just recently discovering these truths.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
If we don't learn from our past mistakes, then we can never improve ourselves and be one with Vaheguru. The way to swim across this terrible ocean is Naam and Gurbani. Luckily, if one finds Satsangat, this task is accomplished easily.

Kulbilr Singh
Re: Western Quotations and Gurbani
February 13, 2010 12:16PM
one of the few bible passages i still remember:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

this is clearly in harmony with gurmat: ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥

this is a great idea for a thread... i know there are many western ideas/quotes what are in harmony with what Guru sahib spoke. of course, there is a kernel of truth in any culture/faith, the problem is it's often diluted with manmat. this is one of the things that attracted me to Sikhi... Guru Sahib took the pure truth that is part of everything and left out all of the unnecessary and corrupt bits. there's no dilution of truth in Sikhi. ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਪੂਰਾ. smiling smiley
February 13, 2010 01:33PM
Words of Wisdom, every where in every culture or civilization or religion are likely to find some resemblance to Gurmat. I used to listen to Islamic lectures on All India Radio or Pakistan radio channels; they do give inspiration as well. They speak of God and Religious Values. Christianity finds a considerable respect as well as criticism, in the writtings of Prof. Puran Singh.
MB Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Words of Wisdom, every where in every culture or
> civilization or religion are likely to find some
> resemblance to Gurmat. I used to listen to Islamic
> lectures on All India Radio or Pakistan radio
> channels; they do give inspiration as well. They
> speak of God and Religious Values. Christianity
> finds a considerable respect as well as criticism,
> in the writtings of Prof. Puran Singh.

Bhai Sahib Im glad you no longer listen to Islamic Lectures for inspiration. Because as you probably already know there is enough inspiration in Gurbani; there is no need to turn elsewhere. I think its ok to research for educational and social purposes. Meaning its ok to research about other faiths so you can communicate to others belonging to this faith and say things that can relate to them. Its also good to learn about other faiths because many other faiths try to convert people and distort Gurbani so its good to know about their faith so we can refute them using their own scriptures. But I dont think its so wise to look in other faiths for inspiration. I mainly started this thread as 1Kaur Bhenji has stated which is to show how GUrbani is universal yet pure and distinct. In no way would I ever encourage anybody to go to other sources for inspiration.

ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਸਿਖ ਆਪਨੇ ਧਰਮ ਵਿਚ ਕਾਇਮ ਰਹੈ l ਪਰਾਇਆ ਧਰਮ ਨਾ ਕਰੈ

A Sikh of the Guru will stay engrossed in his own faith, and not the faith of others.
Bhai Chaupa Singh Ji
The other day I was at work and I came across this Western quote

""We were put on this earth not to see through each other, but to see each other through" ~Author Unknown

The original quote is ""God has not called us to see through each other, but to see each other through."~Author Unknown

I believe the meaning of this quote is we shouldnt treat each other as they are invisible and non-existent, but instead try to help people.

I think this is a great quote but in many ways lacking the full force that Gurbani has. This quote reminds of the pangti

"naa ko bairee nehee bigaanaa sagal sa(n)g ham ko ban aaee"
No one is my enemy, and no one is a stranger. I feel connected to everyone.
[www.sikhitothemax.com]

meaning by doing Bhagti with the Bhagat Sangat ( company of exalted souls) one becomes one with WaaheGuru. The feeling of self (ego) is completlely decimated in the comapany of Sadh Sangat. One only sees God in oneself and in others.
This sense of inter-connectivenss is only to be found in the Gurus Sangat because Gurus Sangat is based on true/sincere and principled love thus making it the most distinct.

The Abrahamic understanding of God is that God is very revengeful and unforgivable. This is why many of them believe bad people suffer in hell for all eternity without a second chance of redemption.
The Hindus also have an indifferent, unattached and emotionless God. Its why many " religious sadhus" wanting to be one with God detach them self from society and look down upon society. Those "religious people" like the Brahmins who dont renounce society decide to rule and exploit society instead.

But in Sikhi , God is seen as an interpersonal being who always loves his creation. Thats why its extremely difficult for a Gurmukh to have hate in his heart for anyone. Even if people do bad things they still have no room for hate in the heart .They try to help people through instead of trying to see through people. Because their God is a kind and and loving God whom helps and protects those in need this God of a principled love has been neglected through most of history.

For example, the Hindus did not worship Raam ( God). They did not see Raam in everyone. They would not help those in need since their principles teach them some are high and others are low. Thus how can such people feel a connection to anyone. Muslims did not worship Allah . Their understanding of God was dualistic. They saw themselves as true believers while the rest were kafirs ( apostates) They had no love for anybody thus they would feel no remorse in killing innocent people due to difference of beliefs. Their principles were based on hate and anger.

Baba Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji Maharaj was the roop of Akal Purakh. The love of Akal Purakh was manifested in Baba Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji Maharaj. Akal Purakh loves everyone. He helped everybody in need, and showed no discrimination nor did he show indifference to suffering. THe compassion of Baba Nanak was truly the compassion of God. Akal Purakh does not feel indifferent to the world. Guru Sahib did not renounce the world instead he embraced it and saved it from drowning.

Because Akal Purakh is interpersonal the Gurmukhs always feel close to God. They are able to experience this love because they follow the principles of Guru Sahib. The love they received from GOd they showed to others, and because this quality of love was exchanged others people began to realize how real and interpersonal God really is. The love earned in Sadh Sangat destroys all hate and discirimination one has.One lose these vices and regards everyone as a friend.

gee gilaan saadhh kai sa(n)g ||man than raatho har kai ra(n)g
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, my ahate/jealousy is gone.My mind and body are imbued with love for the Lord.

This is the beauty of Sadh Sangat in Sikhi. Through Sadh Sangat one gets a change to practice the greatest deed ( Nam Japna) and one gets to practice the greatest ethic which is seeing God in others. In Sikhi one can still live as a Sadhu and be part of the Sadh Sangat as a family man.

All the Great Gurmukhs always regarded their spouse as a spiritual friend to help one another experience and attain WaaheGuru. Some of these Gurmukhs include Baba Waryam Singh Ji, Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, and Bhagat Kabir Ji.
For example in the following Shabad Bhagat Kabir Jis wife Loi warns Kabir Ji how the pakhandi sadhus are robbing Kabir Ji . Guru Sahib mentions to Loi how Bhagat Kabir Ji is being fooled by these freeloaders, and fake Godless ( beypeer) sadhus. [www.sikhitothemax.com]
Mata Loi Jee was able to help Bhagat Kabir Ji to renounce these fake babey and come into the company of the True GUru. If Bhagat Kabir Ji did not have the great company of his wise Gurmukh wife who knows where he would have been?

In Sikhi, the Husband and Wife relationship is based on this principle of earning his love through Sangat in which Husband and wife experience union with God while doing Bhagti. The individual selves become decimated and one gets that sense of interconnection to the light that exist in everything. One is able to recognize God in others. Guru Sahib states

dhhan pir eaehi n aakheean behan eikat(h)ae hoe ||
They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together.

eaek joth dhue moorathee dhhan pir keheeai soe ||3||
They alone are called husband and wife, who have one light in two bodies.

This is how husband and wife learn to love one another . Because they experience WaaheGuru first hand . His love becomes interpersonal and they begin to exhange this love with one another. Its not a false sense of love where they get attached to one another. Instead its a principled love which one commits to on the day of Anand Karaj. THe principle being each spouse will be committed in helping the other spouse experience and reach WaaheGuru. THus this principled love- practice in the sangat of Husband and wife becomes part of the daily rehat.

ਆਪਨਿ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਸੋਂ ਰਤਿ ਹੋਈ l ਰਹਤਵੱਤ ਸਿੱਘ ਹੈ ਸੋਈ

Principled Sikhs love their spouse.

Bhai Desa Singh Ji

Unfortunately many Sikhs do not expand this love outside of marriage, and then love becomes an attachment to ones spouse. Whatever love earned from God should be expanded. Because the love is interpersonal it that does discriminate it feels connected to everyone and tries to help everyone experience God. Personally I believe Husband and Wife should not be so attached to each other that they begin to view themselves as something more than spiritual friends. Because the sole purpose of getting Married is for sangat to gain Gods love, not through physical contact but through Bhagti and devotion to WaaheGuru. There is no difference between Gods love and Guru Jis loves. One can only gain Guru Jis love through rehat.
Rehat Pyaarey Mujh Ko Sikh Pyaarey Nahi
The principled Sikh is more dear to me then that person who just calls themselves as a Sikh.
Bhai Desa Singh JI

By following the principles of Guru Ji Gods love is gained ,and this interpersonal love is stronger then Iron. By accepting Panj Kakkars and following GUru jis rehat. We will always be in the Gurus Sangat.

The Gurus Sangat is a school of love; hate and animosity do not exist in such a place. In such a place God is close and interpersonal. In such a place a Gursikh learns that he should not see through people instead he should see people through. Meaning he/she should help others connect to Guru Jis sharan so we can earn and learn the love of God. The Gurus sangat is all about learning and gaining his love. If a fellow Gursikh makes mistakes the goal is to help and guide such Gursikhs back on to the principled path of love. Even if a Gursikh is still stuck in their ways and does not want to take any advice we should still view them as a fellow Sikhs whose goal is to experience and connect to the all pervading light through the Guidance of the True Guru. As the following quote indicates

ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲਹੁਂ ਭੁਲਦਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਤਾਂ ਸਮਝਾਵਣਾ, ਆਪਣੀਅਹੁੰ ਧਿਰਹੁੰ ਆਖਣਾ I ਜੇ ਮੰਨੇ ਨਾਹੀ ਤਾਂ ਓਹ ਜਾਣੇ ਏਹੁ ਆਖਣਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਹੈ I
February 15, 2010 12:35PM
Bhai Sahib Sukhdeep Singh Ji
Waheguru Ji Ka Khlasa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Thank you for your caution note for listening or reading other faiths. Certainly, I see superiority of Gurmat every where. But, sometimes the strong commitments of others, give us inspiration to adhere to our faith. If u happen to listen a 5 or 10 minute talk, u will certainly enjoy it, I think.

Once in Pakistan, I met a young man of about 25. He said, he does not watch TV. It is just like Idol worship. Pictures are not persons. Idol worship is prohibited in Islaam. I respect his commitment, till now. His words inspire me for Gurmat. Well said, Oh young muslim boy!

When we listen to thers; we feel that how lucky but "careless"; we sikhs are. In general, I mean.
1kaur Wrote:
> one of the few bible passages i still remember:
>
> John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the
> Word was with God, and the Word was God.
>
> this is clearly in harmony with gurmat:
> ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ
> ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ
> ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥
>

In the beginning was the Word, and the
> Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I believe that these are the most beautiful words in the Bible.
Its reminds of an extremely beautiful verse in Sri Dasam Granth .

In Bachitar Natak Guru Sahib says

ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਕਾਲ ਜਬ ਕਰਾ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ ਤੇ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਉਪਾਰਾ ॥

In the beginning, Akal Purakh created the world, it was brought into being by the word

Guru Ji in the same pauri states

ਏਕ ਸ੍ਰਵਣ ਤੇ ਮੈਲ ਨਿਕਾਰਾ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਮਧੁ ਕੀਟਭ ਤਨ ਧਾਰਾ ॥

ਦੁਤੀਯ ਕਾਨ ਤੇ ਮੈਲੁ ਨਿਕਾਰੀ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਭਈ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਇਹ ਸਾਰੀ ॥੧੩॥

First cleaning one of his ears, insects came into being.

Secondly he cleaned the other ear, the whole world materialized.13.

This such a great poetic verse of his creation. Guru Ji is mentioning how life came into being.

In this pangti Guru Ji mentions how at first there was complete silence ( void , Samadh). Then the sound was produced which lead to all physical creation

In this pauri Guru Ji uses the analogy of ears being completely blocked by wax. Meaning one cannot hear. There is no sound. But when WaaheGuru spoke all life was created . Guru Ji states by saying after cleaning both ears meaning after removing silence- getting out of Samadhi then all physical life (tan) was created.

This beautiful poetic pauri reminds of a pauri Bhagat NaamDev Ji recited.

ਪਹਿਲ ਪੁਰੀਏ ਪੁੰਡਰਕ ਵਨਾ ॥

ਤਾ ਚੇ ਹੰਸਾ ਸਗਲੇ ਜਨਾਂ ॥

ਕ੍ਰਿਸ੍ਨਾ ਤੇ ਜਾਨਊ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਚੰਤੀ ਨਾਚਨਾ ॥੧॥

First of all, the lotuses bloomed surrounded the woods;

from the nectar in the blossom, all the swan-souls came into being.

Understand God, being immersed in Naam, one gets immerses in the Anhad Shabad ||1||

Meaning God ( lotus) manfisted himself in the physical creation and we should understand this manifestation. Meaning we
should recognize our roots. How refreshing is it to know that God existence is not separate from his creation but existing within his creation.
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh jio,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

"ਏਕ ਸ੍ਰਵਣ ਤੇ ਮੈਲ ਨਿਕਾਰਾ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਮਧੁ ਕੀਟਭ ਤਨ ਧਾਰਾ ॥

First cleaning one of his ears, insects came into being.
Secondly he cleaned the other ear, the whole world materialized.13.

Whose ear wax was that which produced insects and materialized world?

With Regards,
Daas,
Jasjit Singh
Waaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa WaaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

Bhai Sahib Ji I believe ear wax is being poetically used. Meaning there was no sound. When the ears are clogged with ear wax there is no sound which also can be viewd as void ( shun, Samadh)

I believe Guru Ji uses different words to explain the begging was in a state of self absorption/ Samadhi. For example in this pangti Guru Ji uses the word air to refer to Samadhi.

ਪਵਨ ਅਰੰਭੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਤਿ ਵੇਲਾ
First thing is that in Jail Chithiaan Bhai Sahib has written that Bachitter Natak was one of the baanis that was recited everyday. This means Bhai Sahib considered it Mukhvaak baani and he has quoted extensively from this baani.

Second thing is that Bachitter Natak has loaded with symbolism. The pankitis in question are:

"ਏਕ ਸ੍ਰਵਣ ਤੇ ਮੈਲ ਨਿਕਾਰਾ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਮਧੁ ਕੀਟਭ ਤਨ ਧਾਰਾ ॥

Literal meaning of this is that from dirt of one ear he created insects like Madh and from the dirt of other ear created the whole universe. This necessarily should not be taken literally. This pankiti could be showing how trivial this world is in comparison to Vaheguru and easy it was for Vaheguru to create this world. It contains some heavy symbolism. We need to think deep when interpreting this baani.

In Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee too there are similar shabads that show how great Vaheguru is and how trivial this world is. I remember one pankiti from Bhagat Naamdev jee's baani, that goes as follows:

ਨਖ ਪ੍ਰਸੇਵ ਜਾ ਚੈ ਸੁਰਸਰੀ ॥ ਸਪਤ ਸਮੁੰਦ ਜਾਂ ਚੈ ਘੜਥਲੀ ॥
(Great river Ganga is like the sweat of his nails. The seven oceans are like pot of water for him).

This does not mean that Vaheguru jee has nails and he sweats but this pankiti is to show how trivial Ganga and 7 oceans are in comparison to Him and how great He is.

Kulbir Singh

Kulbir Singh
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio,

Thanks for the your time input for the interpretation. Although still it not clear from that explanation to whose ear Guru Sahib referring to. i.e AkaalPurh himself or his creations like Brahma or Vishnus etc.

Bhai Kulbir Singh jio,

First thing is that in Jail Chithiaan Bhai Sahib has written that Bachitter Natak was one of the baanis that was recited everyday. This means Bhai Sahib considered it Mukhvaak baani and he has quoted extensively from this baani.

ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਤਾਂ ਕਹੀ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਹੈ ਜਾਂ ਨਹੀ ਹੈ। ਕਈਵਾਰ ਨਾ ਆਪਾਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਪਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਮੋਜੇ ਲਾਹਣੇ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕਰ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਹੋ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿੳਕਿ ਅੱਜ ਕਲ ਮਾਹੌਲ ਹੀ ਇਸਤਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਚਲ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਹੀ ਜਾਨਣ ਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਲੈਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਵਾਲ 'ਚੋਂ ਆਪਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਤ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾ ਕਿਉਂ ਨਜ਼ਰ ਆ ਗਈ? ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਸਪੱਸ਼ਟ ਕਰ ਦੇਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਸੀ।

Literal meaning of this is that from dirt of one ear he created insects like Madh and from the dirt of other ear created the whole universe.

ਜਿਥੋਂ ਤੱਕ ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਦਾ ਸਬੰਧ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਵਿਚ ਕਈ ਰਾਜਿਆ ਦਾਂ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਆ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਖਾਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਸ ਪਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਕਿ ਮਧ ਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਕੀਟ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਪਰ ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਅਰਥ ਪ੍ਰਣਾਲੀ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਇਹ ਮਧ ਕੀਟ ਪੈਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਇਆ ਇਹ ਮਧ ਅਤੇ ਕੇਤਬ (ਕੀਟਭ) ਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਦੋ ਦੈਂਤ ਭਰਾ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ। ਔਰ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਏ ਕਿਸੇ ਰਾਜੇ ਤੋਂ ਜੋ ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਹੁਣ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀ ਪਤਾ ਕਿਹੜੇ ਅਰਥ ਠੀਕ ਹਨ ਜਾਂ ਕਿਹੜੇ ਗਲਤ ਪਰ ਇਕ ਗੱਲ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਜੀ ਦੀ ਲੇਖਣੀ ਤੋਂ ਮਿਲ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅੱਜ ਕਲ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਲ਼ਿਖਤ ਤੇ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਭਾਵ ਹੈ ਜਾਂ ਤੁਸੀ ਸਾਧ ਲਾਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਹੋ ਜਾਂ ਕਾਲੇ ਅਫ਼ਗਾਨੇ ਨਾਲ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਦੋਹਾਂ ਨੇ ਹੀ ਅੱਤ ਚੁੱਕੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ। ਖ਼ਿਮਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਦਾਸ ਦੋਹਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਠੀਕ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਦੋਵੇਂ ਹੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਤਖ਼ਤ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਹੁਕਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਾ ਮੰਨਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਬਰਾਬਰ ਦੇ ਭਾਗੀਦਾਰ ਬਣਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ belong ਨਹੀ ਕਰਦੇ।

ਹਾਂ ਜਿਵੇ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਹੌਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਦੇ ਕੀ ਅਰਥ ਕੀਤੇ ਹਨ ਜੀ?

ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਭੋਰਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,
ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ
"God helps those who help themselves"

ਸਲੋਕੁਮ: 5 ॥
ਉਦਮੁਕਰੇਦਿਆਜੀਉਤੂੰਕਮਾਵਦਿਆਸੁਖਭੁੰਚੁ ॥
ਧਿਆਇਦਿਆਤੂੰਪ੍ਰਭੂਮਿਲੁਨਾਨਕਉਤਰੀਚਿੰਤ ॥1॥ (this is where HE is suppose to help ussmiling smiley)
( ang 522, ਗੂਜਰੀ, ਮ: 5)

ਆਪੁਸਵਾਰਹਿਮੈਮਿਲਹਿਮੈਮਿਲਿਆਸੁਖੁਹੋਇ ॥
ਫਰੀਦਾਜੇਤੂਮੇਰਾਹੋਇਰਹਹਿਸਭੁਜਗੁਤੇਰਾਹੋਇ ॥95॥
(1382-18, ਸਲੋਕ, ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਜੀ)

Chota veer
ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਭਾਈ ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਓ,

ਮਾਫ ਕਰਨਾ ਜੇਕਰ ਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਲੇਖਣੀ ਤੋਂ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਅਸਰ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ ਕਿ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਤੇ ਸ਼ੰਕਾ ਕਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਦਾਸ ਤਾਂ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਵਿਚਾਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਚੰਗੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਜਾਣੂ ਹੈ। ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਮਗ਼ਰਬੀ (Western)ਮਾਹੌਲ ਵਿਚ ਪਲੇ, ਭੋਲੇ ਭਾਲੇ ਨੌਜਵਾਨ ਤਬਕੇ ਦਾ ਫਿਕਰ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਕਿਤੇ ਗਲਤ ਫਹਿਮੀ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਿਕਾਰ ਨਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਣ।

ਬਾਕੀ ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਇਹ ਟਿਪਣੀ ਖੂਬ ਸਹੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਕਰੋ ਤਾਂ ਜਾਂ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਸਾਧ ਲਾਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਰਲਾ ਦਿਤਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਜਾਂ ਕਾਲਾ-ਅਫਗਾਨਾ ਜੁੰਡਲੀ ਨਾਲ। ਅਸਲ ਵਿਚ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਤਾਂ ਆਜ਼ਾਦ ਹੀ ਵਿਚਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਸਹੀ ਪੁਛੋ ਤਾਂ ਸਾਡਾ ਅਸਲੀ ਮਕਸਦ ਤਾਂ ਹੋਰ ਹੀ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਆਪਾਂ ਹੋਰ ਹੀ ਕੁਥਾਂਇ ਫਸੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਾਂ।

ਇਹਨਾਂ ਪੰਕਤੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਲੋਂ ਅਰਥ ਕੀਤਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਪਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ। ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਪੰਕਤੀਆਂ ਦੇ, ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਪੁਸਤਕ ਵਿਚ, ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਲੋਂ ਕੀਤੇ ਅਰਥ ਨਹੀਂ ਦੇਖੇ ਹਨ।

ਭੁਲ ਚੁਕ ਦੀ ਮਾਫੀ ਜੀ।

ਭੁਲੜ ਦਾਸ,
ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ
JASJIT SINGH Wrote:
> Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh
>
> Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio,
>
> Thanks for the your time input for the
> interpretation. Although still it not clear from
> that explanation to whose ear Guru Sahib referring
> to. i.e AkaalPurh himself or his creations like
> Brahma or Vishnus etc.
>

Bhai Sahib sorry for not being clear. I will try to be more clear as much as possible. So sorry If I sound to repetitive.

What I mean to say Is my understanding of this pangti is that Guru Ji is using the words , ears , dirt in a symbolic sense. I believe ear wax ( dirt) as a symbol for silence. There are no ears, or dirt (earwax) these are just words to express a message Guru Ji is trying to illustrate.

My understanding of the word ਨਿਕਾਰਾ is to remove (ਕਢਣਾ). My understanding of ਸ੍ਰਵਣ ਤੇ ਮੈਲ is meaning dirt ( ear wax) in the ears

I think in this pangti Guru Ji is trying to say Akal Purakh was in self- absorption and there was complete silence no thoughts at all. self absorption ( inner silence) was completed tuned in the sound. This is not an ordinary sound which is limited by time and space. When the sound became audible all came into creation including our atmas. In a way this sound gave birth to our atma so its like our mother because we originated from this sound/voice. This sound is what our atma tries to reunite with because its where we came from.

So Guru Ji is trying to express sound became audible after inner silence and he does this through poetic verse. Using the words ear and dirt ( ear wax) is a great way to express the words sound and silence. For example, as Human beings when the ears are completely covered with earwax one cant hear. When one cleans this dirt from their ears then the sound become more audible.

So I believe Guru Ji is not referring to anybodys ear. Ear , dirt , and the removal of dirt is used to show that from silence- (deep samadhi) sound was in existence but not audible ( gupt). Akal Purakh kept silent, when Akal Purakh spoke the sound manfiested became audible and everything was created.

I think many of us focus on the ears and dirt and think Guru Ji is saying there are dirt in the ears. I believe the word dirt means ear wax. When we clean our ears we clean out or remove the earwax. I dont think Guru Ji is referring to a cleansing process instead Guru Ji is trying to point out at the beginning of our atmas journey there was complete silence and the sound, the voice the word, the hukum which every you prefer is the home of our atma. The ears being plugged with ear wax symbolize complete silence. The removal of wax symbolizes sound.

In this pangti Guru Ji refers to cleaning both ears. When cleaning the first ear, beings ( insects) were created. Meaning the inner silence/mystical was still there was no audible sound. When cleaning the second ear silence was removed and the sound became visible externally the whole physical universe was created. I think again this is poetic . I think that everything physical was created after silence was removed. Guru Ji says one ear was cleaned then the other was cleaned to again show that all ear wax was removed from the ears and the sound became audible. While when the ear wax was removed in the first ear the sound was not fully visible extenally the atma was still basking internally in the sound and it had no physical frame. When this sound became audible our atma came into existence in the physical universe.

There was no removal of anything dirt ( deafness). The sound was always there , but Guru Ji trying to illustrate the sound by mentioning its opposite silence and does so poetically.

Veer Ji im no scholar and I really dont know how to explain such things.I kept using words that show present tense ( before) and future tense ( then, after) but one cannot really use these words when explaining such things. GurShabad is without past or future. I had to use the words because Im speaking a language that forces me to use such words. So I really do not feel comfortable talking about Gurshabad in such terms . I dont know anything about creation and how things were created. im just trying to explain my understanding of the pangti because you asked. Bascailly my understanding is that in this pangti Guru Ji is saying through the Gurshabad all came into existence. The inner silence mergence of GurShabad is where we originated from and our goal in life.
February 18, 2010 12:11AM
sukhdeep singh

I think in this pangti Guru Ji is trying to say Akal Purakh was in self- absorption and there was complete silence no thoughts at all. self absorption ( inner silence) was completed tuned in the sound. This is not an ordinary sound which is limited by time and space. When the sound became audible all came into creation including our atmas. In a way this sound gave birth to our atma so its like our mother because we originated from this sound/voice. This sound is what our atma tries to reunite with because its where we came from.

is this the same as "naad" or "anhad shabad"?
1kaur Wrote:
> >
> I think in this pangti Guru Ji is trying to say
> Akal Purakh was in self- absorption and there was
> complete silence no thoughts at all. self
> absorption ( inner silence) was completed tuned in
> the sound. This is not an ordinary sound which is
> limited by time and space. When the sound became
> audible all came into creation including our
> atmas. In a way this sound gave birth to our atma
> so its like our mother because we originated from
> this sound/voice. This sound is what our atma
> tries to reunite with because its where we came
> from.
>
>
> is this the same as "naad" or "anhad shabad"?

I would assume its the same as Anhad Shabad. But only Guru Ji knows
ਭਾਈ ਸੁਖਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਉ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥

ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਫੇਰ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਵਲੋਂ ਲਗਾਏ ਗਏ ਸਮੇਂ ਦੀ ਦਾਸ ਕਦਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਦਾਸ ਨੇ ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਵਿਚਲੀਆਂ ਰਚਨਾਵਾਂ ਭਾਵੇ ਉਹ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਹਨ ਜਾਂ ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਬਾਬਤ ਹਨ ਜਾਂ ਉਲੱਥੇ ਹਨ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਵਿਸਥਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਚਾਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਦਾਸ ਅਜੇ ਸੰਕੋਚ ਹੀ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਗੱਲਬਾਤ ਹੋ ਪਾਸੇ ਹੀ ਚਲੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਸਮਾਂ ਅਜ਼ਾਈ ਹੀ ਚਲਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਫਿਰ ਵੀ ਦਾਸ ਆਪਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਜਰੂਰ ਕਰੇਗਾ ਤਾਂ ਅਗਰ ਆਪਜੀ ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਨੂੰ ਆਦਿ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਚੋ ਤਾਂ ਅਰਥ ਭੇਦ ਵਿਸ਼ੇ ਦੇ ਹਿਸਾਬ ਨਾਲ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਕੁਝ ਸਮਝ ਆ ਜਾਣ। ਦਾਸ ਵੀ ਕੋਈ ਲਿਖਾਰੀ ਜਾਂ ਵਿਦਵਾਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਨਾ ਹੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਕੋਈ ਬਹੁਤੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਜੋ ਬਾਣੀਆ ਰੋਜ਼ਾਨਾ ਪੜਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਜਾਂ ਕੁਝ ਹੋਰ ਪ੍ਰਚਲਿਤ ਲਿਖਤਾਂ ਹਨ ਉਥੋ ਜੇਕਰ ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੀ ਉਤਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਾਂ ਸਮਝ ਕਿ ਇੱਕ ਪੇਜ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਈਏ ਤਾਂ ਕਿ ਘੱਟੋ ਘੱਟ ਉਹ ਸਾਡਾ ਸਮਾਂ ਅਰਥ ਵਿਚ ਲਗ ਜਾਵੇਗਾ। ਸੰਸਾਰ ਉਤਪਤੀ ਵਾਰੇ ਦਾਸ ਦਸਮ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਦੀ ਹੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਦੋ ਕੁ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹਾਂਗਾ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਆਸ਼ਾ ਤਾਂ ਇਕੋ ਹੀ ਇਸ ਸਿਧਾਂਤ ਤੇ ਦਾਸ ਦਾ ਨਿਸਚਾ ਹੈ। ਆਉ ਹੁਣ ਇਹ ਛੋਟੀ ਜਿਹੀ ਵੀਚਾਰ ਆਰੰਭੀਏ। ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਚੌਪਈ ਅੰਦਰ ਫੁਰਮਾਨ ਹੈ:

“ਜਬ ਉਦਕਰਖ ਕਰਾ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥ਪ੍ਰਜਾ ਧਰਤ ਤਬ ਦੇਹ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥”

ਭਾਵ ਓਸ ਕਰਤਾਰ ਪੁਰਖ ਮਾਲਕ ਜਦੋਂ ਵੀ ਵਿਸਥਾਰ (ਫੈਲਾਉ) ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀਆਂ ਦੀ ਹੋਂਦ ਆ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਸਾਬਿਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੀ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦੀ ਰਚਨਾਂ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਮੇਰੇ ਖਿਆਲ ਮੁਤਾਬਿਕ ਆਪਾ ਸਾਰੇ ਹੀ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਨੂੰ ਸਤਿ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੰਨਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਹੁਣ ਅਗਾਂਹ ਚਲਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਦਸਮ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਜੀ ਇਸ ਵਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਹੋਰ specific ਹੋ ਸਮਝਾਉਦੇਂ ਹਨ:

ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ ਜਿਨ ਸਭ ਸੈਸਾਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਦਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇ ਬਣਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਿੰਧ ਪਰਬਤ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਥੰਮ੍ਹਾ ਗਗਨਿ ਰਹਾਇਆ ॥
ਸਿਰਜੇ ਦਾਨੋ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬਾਦੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥

ਇਥੇ ਦੋਖੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਕਿਆ ਖੂਬਸੂਰਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਕਦੋਂ, ਕਿਵੇਂ ਤੇ ਕੀ ਕੀ ਰਚਿਆ ਬਾਰੇ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਚਾਰ ਤੁਕਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਬੰਦ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸਨੂੰ ਆਮ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਗਾਗਰ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਗਰ ਭਰਨਾ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ। “ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ” ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਖੰਡਾ, ਹੁਣ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਸ਼ੁਨਯ, ਧੁਨ ਆਖ ਲਉ ਤੇ ਭਾਵ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਖੁਦ ਹੀ ਸੀ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕਰ ਜਿਸਤੋਂ ਸਾਰੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੀ ਉਤਪਤੀ ਕੀਤੀ। ਕਮਾਲ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਇਥੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਲੇਖਣੀ ਦੀ ਦੇਖੋ “ਖੰਡਾ” ਅੱਖਰ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਰਖ ਕਰਕੇ ਫਿਰ ਬਾਕੀ ਦੇ ਅੱਖਰ ਲਿਖੇ ਹਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਲਿਖਣ ਨੂੰ ਕੀ ਸੀ “ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਖੰਡਾ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ…” ਵੀ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਸੀ ਤਾਂ ਕਿਹੜਾ ਅਰਥ ਭਾਵ ਬਦਲ ਜਾਣੇ ਸਨ। ਪਰ ਨਹੀਂ “ਖੰਡਾ” ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਰੱਖਣ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਹੀ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਮ ਆਦਿ ਜਗਾਦੀ ਅਤੇ ਜੁਗੇ ਜੁਗੇ ਹੈ। ਫਿਰ ਅਗਲੀਆਂ ਤੁਕਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਕੀ-ਕੀ ਅਗਾਉ ਰਚਿਆ ਉਹ ਦੱਸਿਆ, ਦਾਸ ਇਕ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਜੋ ਛੋਟੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸੀ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਸੀ ਦਿਲਚਸਪੀ ਲਈ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੇਗਾ, ਇਹ ਆਮ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਕਿਹਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਧੌਲੇ ਬਲਦ ਦੇ ਇਕ ਸਿੰਗ ਤੇ ਖੜੀ ਹੈ ਜਦੋਂ ਉਹ ਇਕ ਸਿੰਗ ਤੋਂ ਦੂਜੇ ਸਿੰਗ ਤੇ ਬਦਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਧਰਤੀ ਹਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ ਭਾਵ ਕਿ ਭੁਚਾਲ ਆਉਦਾ ਹੈ। ਛੋਟੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਬਹੁਤੇ ਸਵਾਲ ਜਵਾਬ ਨਹੀ ਸੀ ਕਰੀਦੇ ਮੰਨ ਲਿਆ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਇਵੇ ਹੀ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਪਰ ਇਹ ਸਵਾਲ ਮੰਨ ਵੀ ਜਰੂਰ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਤਾਂ ਮੰਨ ਲਿਆ ਬਈ ਬਲਦ ਦੇ ਸਿੰਗ ਤੇ ਟਿਕੀ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ ਪਰ ਫੇਰ ਬਲਦ ਕਿਸ ਤੇ ਖੜਾ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਆਖਿਰਕਾਰ ਬਲ਼ਦ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਤਾਂ ਖੜਨ ਲਈ ਜਗ੍ਹਾ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ। ਖੈਰ! ਸਕੂਲ ਗਏ ਸਾਇੰਸ ਦੇ ਸਿਧਾਂਤ ਪੜੇ, ਧੌਲਾ ਬਲਦ ਦੀ ਸਟੋਰੀ ਦਾ ਭੋਗ ਪੈ ਗਿਆ। ਸੋ ਦਾਸ ਸੋਚਦਾ ਹੈ ਬਈ ਅਸੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਚਲੋ ਮੰਨ ਲਿਆ ਕਿ ਸਾਇੰਸ ਪੜਨ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਮੰਨ ਗਏ ਕਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਤਾਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਭਾਰ ਹੀ ਲਟਕ ਰਹੀ ਪਰ ਪੁਰਾਣੇ ਲੋਕ ਤਾਂ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਸੱਚ ਮੰਨੀ ਬੈਠੇ ਹੋਣਗੇ ਪਰ ਦੇਖੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਤਿੰਨ ਸੋ ਸਾਲ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਹੀ ਸਾਇੰਸ ਦੇ ਇਸ ਸਿਧਾਂਤ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਇੰਨ ਬਿੰਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਸੀ ਕਿ “ਬਿਨੁ ਥੰਮ੍ਹਾ ਗਗਨਿ ਰਹਾਇਆ ॥” ਵਾਹ! ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਕਿਆ ਬਾਤਾਂ।

ਹੁਣ ਚੌਥੀ ਤੁਕ ਵਿਚ ਜਾ ਕੇ “ਸਿਰਜੇ ਦਾਨੋ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬਾਦੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥” ਹੋਰ ਸਪੱਸ਼ਟ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਦੇਵਤੇ (ਚੰਗੇ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਨੂੰ ਸੁੱਖ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲੇ) ਦੈਂਤ (ਭਾਵ ਮਾੜੇ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਦੁਖ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲੇ) ਆਦਿ ਸਿਰਜ ਕੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਆਪ ਹੀ “ਬਾਦੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ”। ਕਿੰਨਾ ਹੀ ਸਤਯ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ, ਜਦੋ ਅਸੀ ਦੇਵੀ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਜਾਂ ਦੈਂਤ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਜਾ ਪੜ੍ਹਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਸਾਡੀਆ ਅੱਖਾ ਅੱਗੇ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮਿਥਿਹਾਸ ਘੁੰਮਣ ਲਗ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਕਿ ਅਸੀਂ ਆਮ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਹਿੰਦੂਆਂ ਦੇ ਟੀਵੀ ਸੀਰੀਅਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਵੇਖਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਕਿ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤਾਂ ਕਲ਼ੀਨ ਸ਼ੇਵ ਕਰਕੇ ਅਤੇ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਵਰਗੇ ਹੀ ਦਿਖਾਏ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਪਰ ਦੈਂਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬੜੀ ਹੀ ਕਰੂਪ ਸ਼ਕਲ ਵਿਚ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਕਿ ਦੇਖ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਡਰ ਲੱਗੇ, ਕਰਮ ਦਾ ਪਤਾ ਤਾਂ ਵਰਤ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਲੱਗੇਗਾ। ਜਿਸਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਕੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਦੈਂਤ ਦਾ ਇਮਜ਼ ਆਮ ਬੰਦੇ ਦੀ ਸੋਚ ਵਿਚ ਕਰੂਪ ਜਿਹਾ ਬੰਦਾ ਹੀ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਅਤੇ ਇਸ ਵਿਚ ਸ਼ੱਕ ਵੀ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀ ਕਿ ਦੈਂਤ ਕਰੂਪ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਪਰ ਇਹ ਇਕੱਲੇ ਹਿੰਦੂਆ ਤਕ ਹੀ ਸੀਮਤ ਨਹੀ। ਸਾਨੂੰ ਲਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਇਹ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਪੁਰਾਣੀਆ ਹਨ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਹੁਣ ਕੋਈ ਮਤਲਬ ਨਹੀਂ, ਪਰ ਦਾਸ ਇਥੇ ਸਵਾਲ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੇਗਾ ਕਿ ਕੀ ਹੁਣ ਨਹੀ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤੇ ਦੈਂਤ ਹਨ? ਜਵਾਬ ਹੈ ਬਿਲਕਲੁ ਹਨ, ਬਾਬਰ ਜਾਬਰ ਸੀ ਦੈਂਤ ਸੀ, ਜਹਾਂਗੀਰ ਜਾਬਰ ਸੀ ਦੈਂਤ ਸੀ, ਔਰੰਗਜ਼ੇਬ ਜਾਬਰ ਸੀ ਦੈਂਤ ਸੀ, ਮੀਰ ਮੰਨੂੰ ਜਾਬਰ ਸੀ ਦੈਂਤ ਸੀ, ਮੰਸਾ ਰੰਘੜ ਦੈਂਤ ਸੀ, ਜਨਰਲ ਅਡਵਾਇਰ ਗੋਰਾ ਦੈਂਤ ਸੀ, ਇਥੋ ਤੱਕ ਅਜੇ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਸਮਾਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਇਆ ਇੰਦਰਾ ਗਾਂਧੀ ਦੈਂਤਣੀ ਸੀ ਜਿਹਨੇ ਹਜ਼ਾਰਾਂ ਮਾਸੂਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਲਹੂ ਪੀਤਾ। ਭਾਵ ਇਹ ਸਾਰੇ ਅੱਜ ਵੀ ਹੈਨ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਬਾਹਰੋਂ ਵੇਖਣ ਨੂੰ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਸੀਰੀਅਲਾਂ ਦੇ ਦੈਂਤਾਂ ਵਰਗੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਰ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਉਹੋਂ ਹੀ ਹਨ ਬਸ ਰੂਪ ਆਮ ਬੰਦੇ ਵਰਗਾ ਹੀ ਹੈ ਹੁਣ ਤਾਂ ਇਥੋ ਤੱਕ ਕਲਜੁਗ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਿਖੀ ਭੇਸ ਵਿਚ ਵੀ ਦੈਂਤ ਆ ਵੜੇ ਹਨ ਚਿੱਟੇ ਚੋਲੇ ਤੇ ਚਿੱਟੀਆ ਗੋਲ ਪੱਗਾ ਬਾਹਰੋ ਦੇਖਣ ਨੂੰ ਤਾਂ ਹੰਸ ਲਗਦੇ ਹਨ ਪਰ ਕਰਤੂਤਾਂ ਦੈਂਤ ਵਾਲੀਆ ਹਨ। ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਪਿਛੇ ਜਿਹੇ ਪਤਾ ਲੱਗਾ ਕਿ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹਾ ਚਿੱਟਾ ਦੈਂਤ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਧੀਆਂ ਭੈਣਾ ਨਾਲ ਦੈਂਤ ਵਾਲੀ ਵਿਰਤੀ ਦਾ ਸਲੂਕ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਨਾਲੇ ਤਾਂ ਮੁੰਡੇ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਨਾਲੇ ਵਾਹ ਵਾਹ ਖੱਟਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਸੁਣਨ ਵਿਚ ਇਹ ਵੀ ਆ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਹੜਾ ਉਸਦੇ ਕਾਰਨਾਮੇ ਪਰਗਟ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਓਸ ਨੂੰ ਡਰਾਉਂਦਾ ਧਮਕਾਉਂਦਾ ਵੀ ਹੈ ਇਥੋਂ ਤੱਕ ਕੇ ਨ੍ਰੇਤ ਹੀਣ ਕਰ ਘਰ ਨੂੰ ਅੱਗਾਂ ਵੀ ਲਾ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਹੁਣ ਦੱਸੋ ਇਹ ਕਰਮ ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਤਾਂ ਹੋ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ ਹਾਂ ਦੈਂਤਾ ਦਾ ਜਰੂਰ ਹੈ। ਖੈਰ, ਵਿਸ਼ੇ ਵੱਲ ਵਾਪਸ ਆਵਾਂ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਜੋ ਪੇਖਿਆ ਸੋ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ ਜੇਕਰ ਆਪਾ ਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਸਿਧਾਂਤ ਹੁਣ ਸਪੱਸ਼ਟ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਜਿਹੜੀ ਚੌਪਈ ਦਾ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਭਾਈ ਸੁਖਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਹੋਰਾਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਉਸਦੇ ਵਿਸ਼ੇ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਸਮਝਣਾ ਸੋਖਾ ਹੋ ਜਾਵੇ:

ਚੌਪਈ ॥
ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਕਾਲ ਜਬ ਕਰਾ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ ਤੇ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟ ਉਪਾਰਾ ॥
ਕਾਲਸੈਣ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਭਇਓ ਭੂਪਾ ॥ ਅਧਿਕ ਅਤੁਲ ਬਲਿ ਰੂਪ ਅਨੂਪਾ ॥ 10॥
ਕਾਲਕੇਤ ਦੂਸਰ ਭੂਅ ਭਯੋ ॥ ਕ੍ਰੁਰ ਬਰਸ ਤੀਸਰ ਜਗ ਠਯੋ ॥
ਕਾਲਧੁਜ ਚਤੁਰਥ ਨ੍ਰਿਪ ਸੋਹੈ ॥ ਜਿਹ ਤੇ ਭਇਓ ਜਗਤ ਸਭ ਕੋ ਹੈ ॥ 11॥
ਸਹਸਰਾਛ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਸੁਭ ਸੋਹੈਂ ॥ ਸਹਸ ਪਾਦ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਤਨ ਮੋ ਹੈਂ ॥
ਦੁਤੀਯ ਕਾਨ ਤੇ ਮੈਲੁ ਨਿਕਾਰੀ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਭਈ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਇਹ ਸਾਰੀ ॥ 13॥
ਤਿਨ ਕੋ ਕਾਲ ਬਹੁਰ ਬਧ ਕਰਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੋ ਮੋਦ ਸਮੁੰਦ ਮੋ ਪਰਾ ॥
ਚਿਕਨ ਤਾਸ ਜਲ ਪਰ ਤਿਰ ਰਹੀ ॥ ਮੇਧਾ ਨਾਮ ਤਬਹਿ ਤੇ ਕਹੀ ॥ 14॥
ਸਾਧ ਕਰਮ ਜੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥
ਕੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਕਰਮ ਜੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਅਸੁਰ ਤਿਨ ਕੋ ਸਭ ਧਰਹੀਂ ॥15॥

ਹੁਣ ਦੇਖੋ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਤੁਕ ਵਿਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਸਪਸ਼ਟ ਕਹਿ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ “ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਕਾਲ ਜਬ ਕਰਾ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ ਤੇ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟ ਉਪਾਰਾ ॥”
ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਓਵੇ ਹੀ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਕਿ “ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ…” ਵਿਚ ਤਾਂ ਕਿ ਜੋ ਵਰਨਣ ਅਗਾਂਹ ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਣਾ ਹੈ ਉਸਤੋਂ ਕਿਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਭੁਲੇਖਾ ਨਾ ਖਾ ਜਾਣ ਜਿਵੇ ਵਰਨਣ ਆਇਆ ਕਿ ਕੰਨ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਮੈਲ਼ ਕੱਢ ਕੇ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਰਚੀ ਆਦਿ, ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਜੇ ਮੈਲ ਤੋਂ ਸ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਰਚੀ ਗਈ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਵ ਹੋਇਆ ਕਿ “ਓਅੰਕਾਰ” ਮੈਲ ਹੋਈ, “ਓਅੰਕਾਰ ਤੇ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟ ਉਪਾਰਾ”। ਪਰ “ਓਅੰਕਾਰ” ਤਾਂ ਮੈਲ ਹੋ ਹੀ ਨਹੀ ਸਕਦੀ। ਸੋ ਇਥੇ ਟਪਲਾ ਖਾਣ ਦਾ ਕਾਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਜਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਅਰਥਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਹੀ ਭੇਦ ਨਾ ਹੋਣਾ ਹੀ ਹੋ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ “ਤਾ ਤੇ ਮਧੁ ਕੀਟਭ ਤਨ ਧਾਰਾ ॥” ਦੇ ਜੋ ਅਰਥ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਧਿਆਨ ਹਿਤ ਆਏ ਹਨ ਉਹ ਹਨ ਮਧੁ ਤੇ ਕੇਤਬ ਨਾਮੇ ਦੇ ਦੋ ਦੈਂਤ ਭਰਾ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਏ ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਵਿਚ ਸੰਬੋਧਤ ਨਾਵਾਂ ਵਿਚੋ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਏ। ਜੇਕਰ ਕਾਲਸੈਣ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ, ਕਾਲਕੇਤ ਦੂਸਰ, ਕ੍ਰੁਰ ਬਰਸ ਤੀਸਰ, ਕਾਲਧੁਜ ਚਤੁਰਥ ਨਾਮਾ ਵਾਚੀਏ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਜਰੂਰ ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਸੰਬੋਧਤ ਹਨ। ਹੋ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿਸੇ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਤੀ ਸੰਬੋਧਤ ਹੋਵਣ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਨਾਲ ਦੀ ਨਾਲ ਗਿਣਤੀ ਵੀ ਆ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਵਿਚ ਧਿਆਨ ਰੱਖਣੀ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ। ਇਸਦਾ ਦਾ ਸਹੀ ਨਿਰਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਗੁਰਮਤੀਂ ਵਿਦਵਾਨ ਜਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਪਰ ਇਕ ਗੱਲ ਹੋਰ ਜੋ ਇਸ਼ਾਰੇ ਮਾਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ 15 ਵੇ ਪਦੇ ਵਿਚ:

“ਸਾਧ ਕਰਮ ਜੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥ਕੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਕਰਮ ਜੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਅਸੁਰ ਤਿਨ ਕੋ ਸਭ ਧਰਹੀਂ ॥15॥”

ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਨੂੰ ਨਿਖੇੜਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ ਜਿਹੜਾ ਸਾਧ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਸਨੂੰ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਆਖਦੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਜਿਹੜਾ ਕੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਕਰਮ ਭਾਵ ਮਾੜੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਸਨੂੰ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਅਸੁਰ ਭਾਵ ਦੈਂਤ ਕਿਹਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਤੋਂ ਇਹ ਸਪੱਸ਼ਟ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਾੜੇ ਚੰਗੇ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਵਾਲਿਆ ਦਾ ਟਾਕਰਾ ਦਰਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ ਜਿਵੇ ਉਪਰਲੀ ਵਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਅਗਾਂਹ ਚਲ ਕੇ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੋ ਇਸਨੂੰ ਅਕਾਲਪੁਰਖ ਦੇ ਕੰਨ ਦੀ ਮੈਲ ਮੰਨਣਾ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਸਮਝ ਗੋਚਰੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਆ ਸਕਿਆ। ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਫੇਰ ਦਾਸ ਇਹ ਕਹਿਣਾ ਚਾਹੇਗਾ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਦਾਸ ਦੇ ਨਿਜ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਹਨ ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਜੇਕਰ ਕਿਸੇ ਕੋਲ ਹੋਰ ਚੰਗੇ ਅਰਥ ਇਸ ਚੌਪਈ ਦੇ ਹਨ ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕਰੇ ਤਾਂ ਕਿ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਗਿਆਨ ਵਿਚ ਹੋਰ ਵਾਧਾ ਹੋ ਸਕੇ ਜੀ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਭੌਰਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,
ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ
Very deep thoughts Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo. It is something we need to do vichaar.

First Guru Sahib, in the same Chaupai says:

Then what is the meaning of these pankitis?

One thing is for sure. This world has been created by Nirgun Vaheguru Oankara as is also evident from Siri Bavan Akhri:

ਓਅੰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕੀਓ ਅਕਾਰਾ ॥
ਏਕਹਿ ਸੂਤਿ ਪਰੋਵਨਹਾਰਾ ॥
ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਬਿਸਥਾਰੰ ॥
ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਤੇ ਸਰਗੁਨ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਾਰੰ ॥
ਸਗਲ ਭਾਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਉਪਾਇਓ ॥
ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਮਨ ਮੋਹੁ ਬਢਾਇਓ ॥
ਦੁਹੂ ਭਾਤਿ ਤੇ ਆਪਿ ਨਿਰਾਰਾ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰਾ ॥2॥

Bhai Sahib jee, if possible, please solve this riddle.

Kulbir Singh
Bhai Kulbir Singh Jio,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

It is true this chaupai needs extra attention and vichaar. May Guru Sahib give his mercy to solve this riddle. All we can do is just an effort.

With Regards,
Daas,
Jasjit singh
Bachitar Natak is an explanation of Akal Purakhs play/ show ( illusion). The following verses are an explanation of Akal Purakh Jis play/drama ( false world) and Guru Sahib gives hint of the true world. From the beginning of history mankind has been trapped in this play. To explain this play in Bachitar Natak , Guru Sahib used characters and a time period of history which the people of those times could relate to. In this play people did not praise WaaheGuru because they were trapped in Trigun. The world was not created by an illusion, instead it was created by his word. This word is where we originated from. Because this word is the creator not the created it cannot be created nor can it be destroyed.

I believe in the below verses Guru Sahib is mentioning the three states ( triGun) , and then mentioning the fourth state which is the secret state ( Chauta Pad/ParamPad).

ਚੌਪਈ ॥
ਸਹਸਰਾਛ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਸੁਭ ਸੋਹੈਂ ॥ ਸਹਸ ਪਾਦ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਤਨ ਮੋ ਹੈਂ ॥
ਤਿਨ ਕੋ ਕਾਲ ਬਹੁਰ ਬਧ ਕਰਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਕੋ ਮੋਦ ਸਮੁੰਦ ਮੋ ਪਰਾ ॥
ਚਿਕਨ ਤਾਸ ਜਲ ਪਰ ਤਿਰ ਰਹੀ ॥ ਮੇਧਾ ਨਾਮ ਤਬਹਿ ਤੇ ਕਹੀ ॥ 14॥
ਬਹੁ ਬਿਸਥਾਰ ਕਹਾਂ ਲਗੈ ਬਖਾਨੀਅਤ ॥ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਬਢਨ ਤੇ ਅਤਿ ਡਰੁ ਮਾਨੀਅਤ ॥

Guru Sahib begins by saying that the world was created by his word/ Ek Oankar (sound, voice,etc). So this sound/word permeates throughout the whole universe. But then Akal Purakh who Guru Ji refers to as Kaal, Kaalsehn, KaalKeyt, and KalDhuj created a play/drama. This all pervasive illuminating light became hidden through the three states ( RajoGun, SatoGun, TamoGun).

Akal Purakh created the very powerful state/gun RajoGun. Through this state equilibrium/balance becomes imbalanced and ones main disposition was bent on gainning power, thus one became/becomes blind to ones original nature/atma and begins to identify itself with the world not the atma.

Akal Purakh also created the second state of SatoGUn, and the third state TamoGun.

Amongst these three states the hidden and most secret-beautiful state ( Chauthey Pad, Param Pad) exist . The fourth state is the true origins of the atma it is the balanced state. Every mind is under one of these states.

So the fourth state is where we originated from its the state the atma enjoys most and longs for . Its a state where there is no Ego, there is only pure devotion to WaaheGuru.

Guru Sahib says

I think in this pangti GuruSahib is stating Akal Purakh was in self- absorption and there was complete silence no thoughts at all. self absorption ( inner silence) was completed tuned in the sound. This state is where the atma resides . When the sound became audible all came into creation including our mind. In a way this sound gave birth to our mind so its like our mother because we originated from this sound/voice. This sound is what our mind tries to reunite with because its where we came from.

In this pangti Guru Sahib refers to cleaning both ears. When cleaning the first ear, beings ( insects) were born through hearing this sound with the innner ear. Meaning the inner silence/mystical sound was there , but there was no audible sound. Atmas reside in the fourth state. In this state the atma was completely absorbed into naam. But taking birth in to this worldy drama , the one moved out of the fourth state and entered into Trigun.

When cleaning the second ear silence was removed, and the sound became audible externally then the whole physical universe was created. I think again this is poetic . I think that everything physical was created after silence was removed. Guru Ji says one ear was cleaned then the other was cleaned to again show that all ear wax was removed from the ears and the sound became audible. While when the ear wax was removed in the first ear the sound was not fully visible extenally the atma was still basking internally in the sound and it had no physical frame. When this sound became audible our atma came into existence in the physical universe.
[www.sikhitothemax.com]

In this world play people were/are caught up in pun and papee ( good and bad actions) a philosphy which still falls under the trigun category. There are countless people under this category, so much they cant be named. If someone does good under the quality Satogun they are regarded as a Saint ( Devta), if someone acted under Rajo or Tamo Gun they were regarded as a Demon ( Asur). Through this give and take philosophy numerous are born and reborn there numbers cant be counted.
ਅਮੁਲ ਵਾਪਾਰੀਏ ਅਮੁਲ ਭੰਡਾਰ ॥
ਅਮੁਲ ਆਵਹਿ ਅਮੁਲ ਲੈ ਜਾਹਿ ॥

Through these ego based actions one never escapes trigun they keep coming and going untill they finally reach their orginal state ( Chautha Pad) through Naam which is given through the grace of the True Guru.

ਬਹੁ ਬਿਸਥਾਰ ਕਹਾਂ ਲਗੈ ਬਖਾਨੀਅਤ ॥ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਬਢਨ ਤੇ ਅਤਿ ਡਰੁ ਮਾਨੀਅਤ ॥

Many Religious Granths explained the principles of this good and bad/ give and take philosophy. Granths were created that contained thousands of laws explaining this philosophy and its principles. Through these principles people obeyed out of fear and respect. Socities were governed on such principles, and Kings governed on such principles. But none obtained the fourth state which was strictly devoted to Godly devotion. No granth gave details on how to reach the secret fourth state all were engrossed in to blind rituals under the guise of trigun.
Today in the morning I was having a bad day. I woke up late for Amrit Vela and I didnt do Nitnem properly. My body was feeling completely weak while I was driving to work. On my way to work I was passsing by a Church and I saw an extremely beautiful saying on the wall board of the Church . This message made me think of Nitnem The message said:

" Seven Days without prayer makes one Weak"

WaaheGuruuuuuuuu!

Which reminds of GUru Sahibs message

ਜੈ ਤਨਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਸਰਿ ਜਾਇ ॥ ਜਿਉ ਪਕਾ ਰੋਗੀ ਵਿਲਲਾਇ ॥੧॥

That body, which forgets the Word of the Guru's Bani,
cries out in pain, like a chronic patient. ||1||
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login