ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dhara

Posted by Unjaan 
Dhara
May 05, 2010 12:44PM
Sadh Sangat Jio,

Currently I use a beard brush for my Dhara. Should I be using my Kanga instead of something with plastic bristles, on a curly Dhara? I fear I may damage the hair with my Kanga.

For some reason I feel a Kanga should be used but worried about the practicalites. What is the right approach?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Dhara
May 05, 2010 02:42PM
Keeping Kangha would become a ritualistic Karma if we don't use it for the purpose it has been blessed us.

Daarha and hair must be combed with the Kangha as opposed to a brush or plastic comb. If the hair on the beard are curly, then you may want to wet your beard before combing and apply oil as well to the beard, so that there is minimal damage to the hair while combing.

From what I have learned from Sangat, use of brush to comb is not appropriate.

Kulbir Singh
May 05, 2010 03:15PM
Before giving my head to Guru Maharaj I use to use a Brush but when Guru Maharaj blessed me with wooden Kangha, I started using Kangha.

Guru Pyareyo,

Buy a good quality wooden Kangha, its a heavenly experience using wooden kangha on head and beard. Try it and you will love it.

Vaheguru Ji Kirpa Karan!
May 05, 2010 03:29PM
Kulbir Singh Ji and 1Kaur Bhenji, you have removed my shanka. I will try to start using my Kanga now. Many years ago someone mentioned to me that plastic bristles are not good for the hair but I chose the easier route! Thanks fpr the swift replies.
May 05, 2010 03:30PM
Vaheguru Ji

I thought I was logged in to my account, above post was from 1kaur's Singh.

Bhul Chuk Di Khima Ji!
May 05, 2010 07:23PM
ok, this is really me now. smiling smiley

natural fibers are always best for keeping your kes in top shape. even hair dressers will tell you this. the wooden kanga avoids static build up, and the wider spaced teeth help keep from breaking the kes. on the head, the wooden kanga can be used as an excellent massager, bringing blood flow to the scalp, which stimulates healthy hair growth and can even relieve tension headaches.

guru sahib was way ahead of his time when he gave us these gifts. smiling smiley

but ya, i don't have any dhara to speak about so i can't really comment on the question with any authority. winking smiley
May 06, 2010 09:03AM
I heard this before, if i remember it correctly , Maskin ji beautifully explains the scientific benefits of using KANGA in following AUDIOs

KAKKAR
May 06, 2010 11:19AM
Natural Fibers?

Bhein Ji, please explain further. Do we have available, Brushes with natural fibers or bristles? Whar brushes they suggest other than Kanga?
May 06, 2010 11:27AM
1kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vaheguru Ji
>
> I thought I was logged in to my account, above
> post was from 1kaur's Singh.
>
> Bhul Chuk Di Khima Ji!

So, that means Bhein Ji's Singh Ji has his account on this site. But we never know, who is whose singh.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 06, 2010 02:56PM
natural bristles are usually derived from animals, so i think they're not suitable for sikhs. guru sahib's kanga should be best. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login