ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Asa Di Vaar Kirtan Key Notations?

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Lately I have been trying to learn Kirtan. I was wondering does anybody have the kirtan key notations for Asa Di VAAR. If so can you please share them..

thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Veer ji, just learn the sargam for aasa raag and try to make up a tune that is in rhythm. Before you learn kirtan, it will be a good idea to get a basic understanding of tabla and taals, such as a kehra, teel taal, rupak and dadra. Kehra is not a traditional taal but it is used most often, it will be a good start to be able to count kehra. Once you can do that, you can just make up tunes by pressing different keys and fit shabads in it. That is the starting point. Real anand is when you think of a shabad, try to make a tune that resembles that mood of the shabad.

If you find aasa raag little hard to start with, try bilawal or bherwi since these are the easiest raags and both can be used for kirtan in morning.
Thanks for the advice Bhenji/Bhaji (?)

It seems very complicated. I dont plan to do kirtan at Gurdwaras with a table. I just want to do kirtan in the morning and evening at home.
Perhaps I need a personal teacher to teach me Asa Di Var.
I dont know the sargam and I have learned part of Aaarti just by memorizing the different keys I was hoping I can do the same with Asa Di Vaar?
Veer Ji, I too need Asa Ki Vaar notation. Someone must help us. What I know, a bit is as below.

sa sa re re ma ma pa pa dha ne(komal) dha dha pa pa (Har amrit bhine loena) pa sa
pa pa pa dhe pa ma ga ga sa re ga ga re re sa sa (Man prem ratana raam raaje)

Please try that. Something may come out from that. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Umkeo heo Veer Ji has given excellant hints. For him things seem to be so simple. From his brief tips, it seems Kirtan is not very difficult job. May be he is right. But it is not so for me.sad smiley
I can scan the notation from a book if that's okay. Please let me know but you guys might not like the tune :p That's why I said it's best to just learn the basic saroop of the raag and then come up with your own tune.

I'm not much of a kirtani myself either veer MBSINGH ji, but I like studying theory so all what I am saying is based on that. I am able to improvise at times though, lately haven't had much time to practice.
MB Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Veer Ji, I too need Asa Ki Vaar notation. Someone
> must help us. What I know, a bit is as below.
>
> sa sa re re ma ma pa pa dha ne(komal) dha dha pa
> pa (Har amrit bhine loena) pa sa
> pa pa pa dhe pa ma ga ga sa re ga ga re re sa sa
> (Man prem ratana raam raaje)
>
> Please try that. Something may come out from that.
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Umkeo heo Veer Ji has given excellant hints.
> For him things seem to be so simple. From his
> brief tips, it seems Kirtan is not very difficult
> job. May be he is right. But it is not so for
> me.sad smiley

Thanks Veer Ji I will be sure to give that tune a try in the near future.smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login