ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki

Posted by harinder_singh 
Vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki
April 30, 2010 08:42AM
[sikh-reality.blogspot.com]

This bani is called Vaar Sri Bhagauti or Bhagat Bhagauti Vaar, and is not to be confused with Vaar Sri Bhagauti in Dasam Sri Guru Granth which is also referred to as Chandi Di Vaar. This bani does appear in Dasam Sri Guru Granth in various old handwritten copies but not in the standard published version. Please view the attachments at the bottom to see an old handwritten copy of Dasam Sri Guru Granth with this Vaar Bhagauti in it.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki
April 30, 2010 09:46AM
ੴ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ॥
Victory & Blessings Of One God Abound

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜੀ ਸਹਾਇ ॥
May Sri Bhagauti Protect

ਵਾਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਦਸਵੀਂ ॥
An Ode to the Sword - the Divine Power

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ਦਸਵੀਂ ॥
Uttered by Patishahi 10 Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥ ਭਗਤ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਤਿਸੇ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਰਣਧੀਰ ਧਰੇ ॥
Dohira: I, the divine Bhagauti, only belong to those devotees who stay steadfast and resolute in the battle field.

ਹਉ ਅੰਗ ਸੰਗ ਤੇ ਲਾਗ ਹੂੰ ਜੋ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਗ ਨਾ ਧਰੇ ॥
For those who do not take a single step back in the battle field, I remain close to them as if I am part of their bodies.

ਸਵਯਾ ॥ ਭਗਤ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਗ ਅਰੰਭ ਰਚਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
God created divine sword before beginning the task of creation of the world.

ਰੱਣ ਰੂਪ ਭਿਭੂਤ ਚੜ੍ਹਾਇ ਕੈ ਡੱਫ ਡਉਰੂ ਡੰਕ ਬਜਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
In the battle field, God smeared divine ash on his body, and started kettle drums in jubilation.

ਕੱਲ ਨਾਰਦ ਹੱੜ ਹੱੜ ਹਸਿਆ ਰਣ ਸਾਬਤ ਜੁਧ ਮਚਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Kalyugi Narad burst with laughter as the battle began to raze.

ਦੁਲ ਦੁਲ ਖਿੰਗ ਬਿਗਿਸਆ ਰਣ ਕਹਰ ਕੁਹਰ ਬਰਖਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Just like lions are jubilant to jump at their targets, there is joy on the faces of the brave fighters.

ਘਰ ਸੁਤਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਜਗਾਇਆ ਖੱੜ ਧਰਤੀ ਹਾਂਕ ਚਲਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
It is as if the sleeping lion has been awakened, and it its growl has shook the earth.

ਮਾਨੁਖ ਪਕੜ ਭਕੋਲਿਆ ਕਰ ਜੱਗ ਘਮੰਡ ਮਚਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Men who took the sword in their hands, they destroyed the pride of the oppressors.

ਭਕਲ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਦੁਰਜਨਾ ਫੜ ਡੁਮਚੁਰ ਕਫ ਤੰਗਲ ਖੋਲ ਬਹਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Holding the sword in their hands they squeezed the blood of the wicked. The sword has cut open their skulls and blood flowed from their skeletons, like rivers.

ਉਥਲ ਪੁਥਲ ਘਪਨ ਘਪਰੋਲ ਤਕਰੂਲੋ ਧੁੰਧ ਮਚਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
This sword created complete chaos and turned things upside down, the dust created in the battlefield has blinded all

ਲੁਥ ਪਲੁਥ ਧਰਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਧੱਤ੍ਰ ਪਿੰਜਰ ਕੁਤਕ ਘਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The earth is saturated with blood and skeletons are scattered all over the battle ground.

ਲਪਟ ਝਪਟ ਲੈ ਤੇਗ ਨਾਲ ਰਣ ਸੂਰੋ ਘਾਨ ਘੜਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The brave ones are jumping fiercely to strike the enemy down.

ਖੱਚਕ ਖਫਨ ਜਹਾਂ ਜਮ ਧੜੇ ਰਣ ਲੁਥ ਪਲੁਥ ਖਪਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The coffins, and messengers of death are devouring the dead in the battle field.

ਰਕਤ ਪਲੇਟੀ ਜੋਗਨੀ ਰਣ ਦੁਰਜਨ ਖੇਤ ਖਪਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The blood drenched sword is decimating the wicked in the field of the battle.

ਰੁੰਡ ਮੁੰਡ ਘਮਸਾਨ ਖੇਤ ਰਣ ਜੰਭਕ ਗਿਰਝ ਅਘਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
There are body parts scattered all over the field, and jackals and vultures have arrived to feed upon them

ਕੜ ਧੜ ਦੜ ਕੇ ਪੜੱਛਯਨ ਭਿੜ ਸੈਲ ਹੀ ਸੈਲ ਭਿੜਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
There are body parts scattered all over the field, and jackals and vultures have arrived to feed upon them.

ਗਗਨ ਕੱੜਕੀ ਬਿਜਲੀ ਪ੍ਰਲੋ ਪ੍ਰਲੋਕ ਖਪਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The sound of the sword striking left and right appears as if boulders are striking with each other

ਉਤ ਧੂ ਲੋਕ ਮੁੰਡ ਮਚਾਇਨ ਬਹੁ ਮੁੰਡਕ ਮੁੰਡ ਭੜਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The sound of sword striking is as if lightening is striking and day of Armageddon has reached close.

ਥਰ ਹਰ ਕੰਪੈ ਧਰਮ ਰਾਇ ਰਣ ਸੂਰੇ ਘਾਣ ਘਤਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The slain heads are hitting each other that is causing the Dharam Raja (King of angels of death) to tremble with fear.

ਸਜੇ ਬੋਹਥ ਚਕਿਆ ਕਰ ਖੱਬੇ ਖੜਗ ਮਚਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
In left hand they hold the heads and with right hand they strike the sword.

ਨਿਬੇੜਾ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦਾ ਰੱਣ ਘਤਿ ਖੱੜਗ ਚੁਕਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The conflict between the Hindus and Turks will be decided today only by divine sword in this battle of righteousness.

ਜਗ ਅਰੰਭ ਤਿਹੁ ਜੁਗਰਣ ਮਾਸ ਮਨੁਖ ਘਤਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
This is how the beginning of the world witnessed the divine sword feeding upon flesh of the wicked.

ਰਕਤ ਖੱਪਰ ਭਰ ਜੋਗਨੀ ਰਣ ਮਸਤ ਮੰਗਲ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
The divine sword drank the blood of the wicked by filling their skulls with it.This is how the holy sword was pleased and sang the divine song to celebrate death of wickedness from this earth

ਕੇਸ ਬਿਨਾ ਸਿਰ ਕੁਟੀਐ ਚੰਘਿਾੜੇ ਕਵਨ ਛੁਡਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Those who have no hair on their heads, when struck on bare heads cry in pain, and no one comes to their rescue

ਹੁਕਮ ਮੰਨੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਬਖਸ਼ ਲੈ ਨਿਗੁਰਿਆ ਨੋ ਇਹ ਸਜਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Those without a Guru are punished like this. However, those who submit to the divine will, are accepted with honour before God.

ਫਤਹ ਜੰਗ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਦੱਲ ਕੋਟਕ ਕੋਟ ਖਪਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Guru Gobind Singh ji is always victorious in the battle field, and millions of drones of enemy armies are decimated by his sword.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥
ਆਸਾ ਨਾ ਕਰ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਨਾ ਨਾ ਪਰਸੇ ਪਗ ਜਾਇ ॥
Do not put faith in Brahmins and do not touch their feet [in respect].

ਆਪ ਤ੍ਯਾਗਿ ਦੂਜੈ ਲਗੇ ਕੂੰਭਿ ਨਰਕ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥
Forsaking your True Self [Atma] and praying to another [Brahmins] you shall go to the worst hell.
April 30, 2010 10:42AM
Thank you Veer Ji, for introducing us to that Vaar. So, it shows that there could be more Bani of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji other than Sri Dasam Granth. The language of this Vaar at some points resembles that of Sri Chandi Ki Vaar. The whole blog of Jawala Singh Ji is very informative and inspiring. A very dedicated comprehensive study of Dasam Sri Guru Granth (Granth of Sri Dasam Guru) and Sarbloh Granth is needed for the benefit of all of us and coming generations.

ਫਤਹ ਜੰਗ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਦੱਲ ਕੋਟਕ ਕੋਟ ਖਪਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
Guru Gobind Singh ji is always victorious in the battle field, and millions of drones of enemy armies are decimated by his sword.

From this quote, a little doubt sprouts in the mind that this may be a Rachna of a Sikh premi as opposed to Guru Sahib. There must have been a reason, why this was not included in the current Dasam Granth by the Sodhak Committee of late 1800s.

And the language of this Vaar is not that similar to Chandi di Vaar because Chandi di Vaar is in pure Punjabi and this Vaar is not in Punjabi. But there is similarity in concept as is evident from this pankiti:

ਭਗਤ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਗ ਅਰੰਭ ਰਚਾਇ ਹੈ ॥
God created divine sword before beginning the task of creation of the world

In Chandi di Vaar the word is "Khanda" and here it is "bhagauti". Bhagauti here literally means Siri Sahib (sword) but in actuality it means the Khanda or Kirpan of Naam. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has done this meaning of the word Khanda - the Khanda of Naam. First Vaheguru jee established Naam and through Naam the whole creation came into being. Khanda is another name for Naam and even today Singhs refer to Naam Abhyaas as "Khanda Khadkauna".

Having said that, Bhai MB Singh's point is valid that there is Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee's rachna out of Dasam Granth. The entire shabad of Khalsa Mehma that has been sung in Jatha from the beginning, is said to be not from Dasam Granth.

Kulbir Singh

First Vaheguru jee established Naam and through Naam the whole creation came into being.

That seems true because in Sri Asa Ki Vaar, we read :
aapenai aap sajiyo, aapenai rachiyo nau.
Duyee kudrat sajj kai.......

After creating Himself, Akal Purakh created His Name and from Naam, He created Kudrat and this world.

After creating Himself, Akal Purakh created His Name and from Naam, He created Kudrat and this world.

The word "saajiyo" in Siri Asa kee Vaar is translated as "Created" which is not correct. The closest translation would be "Established". Vaheguru was always there and was never created but when He was about to create the world, he established Himself in a form that could be known to the creation. In Punjabi another word for Saajiyo would be "Asthaapat" keeta.

Kulbir Singh
April 30, 2010 01:00PM
Veer Harinder Singh Ji and MB Singh Ji,

I have a question for both of you. Why has the word "Dasam Sri Guru Granth" been used in your posts instead of the commonly used Dasam Granth or Sri Dasam Granth. Dont get me wrong on this one, I am a complete supporter of Dasam Granth. But why are we using the word Guru, when Choji Pritam Siri Dasmesh Ji only accorded Gurgaddi to Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and hence, adi granth became Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

MB Singh ji, I know you defined "Dasam Sri Guru Granth" as Granth of Sri Dasam Guru, but even if we use the already exisitng terminology, Dasam Granth or Sri Dasam Granth, doesnt it still mean the same, Granth of Sri Dasam Guru? Why insert the word guru and create confusion for the reader or common sikhs?

Bhul chuk di khima
vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh
Jaachak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Veer Harinder Singh Ji and MB Singh Ji,
>
> I have a question for both of you. Why has the
> word "Dasam Sri Guru Granth" been used in your
> posts instead of the commonly used Dasam Granth or
> Sri Dasam Granth. Dont get me wrong on this one,
> I am a complete supporter of Dasam Granth. But
> why are we using the word Guru, when Choji Pritam
> Siri Dasmesh Ji only accorded Gurgaddi to Dhan
> Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and hence, adi granth
> became Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
>
> MB Singh ji, I know you defined "Dasam Sri Guru
> Granth" as Granth of Sri Dasam Guru, but even if
> we use the already exisitng terminology, Dasam
> Granth or Sri Dasam Granth, doesnt it still mean
> the same, Granth of Sri Dasam Guru? Why insert
> the word guru and create confusion for the reader
> or common sikhs?
>
> Bhul chuk di khima
> vaheguru ji ka khalsa
> vaheguru ji ki fateh

I think when people say Dasam Sri Guru Granth they are saying the Granth of the 10th holy Guru which is much different then saying Sri Guru Dasam Granth which is saying Sri Dasam Granth is Guru. Either way the bani in this Granth should be studies and respected regardless of what title you want to give it.
April 30, 2010 03:28PM
Veer Ji, following text is copied from patshahi10.org.

The complete literary works of Guru Gobind Singh Ji are compiled in the Dasam Granth. These were put together in the present form some time after the guru left this worldly form by Bhai Mani Singh and some other leading sikhs who were always present in the darbar (court) of the Guru and had complete knowledge of his writings. Although the manuscripts of these writings were lost in the River Sirsa, hand written copies of all these important works were collected and compiled in the form of the Dasam Granth, Initially the compilation was referred to as "Bachittar Natak Granth", later it come to be referred to as "Dasvey Patshah da Granth". Today, in short form it is called the 'Dasam Granth'.

Veer Ji, I searched for this name----Dasam Sri Guru Granth. But instead I have found above names. So, I do not how this name is used.

But for me "Dasam Granth" is too short and incomplete, a name. It seems disrespectful. If Dasam Granth means Dasam-SriGuru Granth or Dasvey Patshah da Granth; then why should we have short name instead of full name? In english, we can translate Dasam Granth as Granth of the Tenth? What do we mean by Tenth? Why not, Tenth Guru.

Avoiding confusion to common sikhs, I think; is less important than using the proper name and being respecful to Dasam Patshah.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.