ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some spiritual queries with relation to sarabloh bibek rehat

Posted by akaal74 
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veer Kulbir Singh Jeeo and all other Guru pyaareo

Daas has been thinking about some of the concerns in relation to the sarabloh bibek rehat. Although it is clear that for a married couple it is important for both to keep similar rehat. But if they don't what are the implications?

Our mataji in India always kept the bibek pehra but pitaji was dhilla in this rehat. He would generally eat from hands of non amritdharis. In daas' case its the other way round. Singhniji finds it difficult to keep the sarabloh pehra.

Another question daas has relates to the specific dietry requirements due to some illness/deficiency. Daas suffers from Vit D deficiency and VitB12 deficiency. B12 is only sorted by getting injections as there is some disorder due to which daas cannot consume it through food.

As for VitD daas was diagnosed with some problem related to Para thyroid gland thus meaning that again Vit D is very low in the body. Doctors advised daas to eat fortified cereals and drink plenty of fortified supermilk. Are these two ok to consume while keeping sarabloh rehat?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Akaal74 jeeo,

Daas has been thinking about some of the concerns in relation to the sarabloh bibek rehat. Although it is clear that for a married couple it is important for both to keep similar rehat. But if they don't what are the implications?

The couple should at least observe Bibek Pehra i.e. not eating from the hands of non-devotees. As for implications, if one of the partner is weak in Rehit, it affects the other partner too, even though he or she may be keeping full Rehit. At personal level, Guru Sahib knows what the implications are but at Sangati level such person whose partner is not Tyaar bar Tyaar cannot do Sewa with Bibeki Gursikhs in Punj Pyare, Langar, Degh etc.

Another question daas has relates to the specific dietry requirements due to some illness/deficiency. Daas suffers from Vit D deficiency and VitB12 deficiency. B12 is only sorted by getting injections as there is some disorder due to which daas cannot consume it through food.

As far as I know, Singhs don't stop anyone from taking medicine and it seems like the B12 injections you take are due to a medical condition. So it does not affect your Bibek. Do Ardaas and do Paath so that your medical condition may be cured. Guru Sahib is Samrath (capable).

As for VitD daas was diagnosed with some problem related to Para thyroid gland thus meaning that again Vit D is very low in the body. Doctors advised daas to eat fortified cereals and drink plenty of fortified supermilk. Are these two ok to consume while keeping sarabloh rehat?

Different Gursikhs have different standards. Some Gursikhs will not allow and some will allow. The understanding that this Daas has, after associating with Rehitvaan Gurmukhs, is that the Vitamin D fortified milk will be okay if you boil it in Sarbloh before consuming it but fortified cereals are not fine.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
veerji, vitamin D can be had from sunlight. bhai nand desa singh ji rehetnama says a singh should dry his kes in the sun. only 20 minutes of sunlight will give you all the vitamin D you need for the day. so take the advice of puratan singhs and dry your kes in sunlight. be sure to roll up the sleeves of your bana so your skin has exposure.

my doctor recommended to me to sit in the sun and i immediately thought of these rehetnamae of old... guru sahib gives the best advice. smiling smiley
1kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> veerji, vitamin D can be had from sunlight. bhai
> nand desa singh ji rehetnama says a singh should
> dry his kes in the sun. only 20 minutes of
> sunlight will give you all the vitamin D you need
> for the day. so take the advice of puratan
> singhs and dry your kes in sunlight. be sure to
> roll up the sleeves of your bana so your skin has
> exposure.
>
> my doctor recommended to me to sit in the sun and
> i immediately thought of these rehetnamae of
> old... guru sahib gives the best advice. smiling smiley

Bhenji, were daas lives, sun hardly comes out. Also the temperature outside is so cold sitting with open kes will only lead to more trouble. In India this is what we always used to do. After keshi ishnaan dry the hair in sunlight.
if you get sunlight in spring and summer, vitamin D is stored in your body and will last through the rest of the year. smiling smiley

otherwise you can get vitamin D supplement tablets at a vitamin or natural health store.

another alternative is to get a "full spectrum lamp". they emit the UV rays that are necessary for producing vitamin D. they can also help with depression caused by long dark winters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login