ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Larivaar or padh chedh?

Posted by Hari Singh 
Larivaar or padh chedh?
March 01, 2010 08:33AM
I read this comment about the pictures below and it made me think. Any thoughts sangat ji?

H.S

----------

Singh1699 says:
The handwritting is remarkable. Can some background information please be provided. Who done this sewa? How long it took? Where this Bir is currently being kept? and so on..

This is actualy something new. It would be called 'Larivar' due to the continous old tradition of chain writting but once looked closer it is actualy PadChed. Why has the writer left excess space between words? There seems to be an extra space between words. The writer has played a clever trick.

However, the writting is fantastic and writting the Bir is comendable

Yours humbly, Gyan Singh
--------------------------------------

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I agree with Veer Gyan Singh, that the above saroop is a pad-chhed and not Laridaar. There is extra space between words and just by joining these words by the means of the top line does not make this saroop Laridaar.

I agree, the writing is beautiful. Alas!

Kulbir Singh
The handwriting style resembles the style of Bhai Jaswant Singh Khosa from Malaysia.

I believe - someone correct me if I'm wrong - that he has done Seva of a saroop that is Prakash in Singh Sabha Gurduaara, Southall; Singh Sabha Gurduaara, Edmonton; Fremont Gurduaara Sahib and at Har Kee Pourree, Sri Amritsar.

[www.sikhsangat.com]

[www.sikhsangat.com]
Re: Larivaar or padh chedh?
March 01, 2010 05:59PM
nice writing, but clever trick by the writer.
March 01, 2010 08:16PM
Seems about right. [www.gurdwarasahibsunway.net]

DilaavarSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The handwriting style resembles the style of Bhai
> Jaswant Singh Khosa from Malaysia.
>
> I believe - someone correct me if I'm wrong - that
> he has done Seva of a saroop that is Prakash in
> Singh Sabha Gurduaara, Southall; Singh Sabha
> Gurduaara, Edmonton; Fremont Gurduaara Sahib and
> at Har Kee Pourree, Sri Amritsar.
>
> [www.sikhsangat.com]
> e=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&att
> ach_id=9526
>
> [www.sikhsangat.com]
> e=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&att
> ach_id=9527
Yes, it is him.

Chota veer
Seva of another saroop has been done & this time it is BIGsmiling smiley :

A huge labour of love

Anyone from Freemont let us know if it is lareevaar...and anyMORE pictures of this saroop?

Chota veer
April 11, 2010 11:08AM
What an amazing Singh and so much dedication..

'However, the arduous task of sitting and writing for 14 hours a day has left him with a bent back and feeble legs.'

I can't even sit down for 1-2 hours without complaining and less than half the age!
piyasi chatrik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seva of another saroop has been done & this time
> it is BIGsmiling smiley :
>
> [thestar.com.my]
> swant_2.jpg
>
> A huge labour of love
>
> Anyone from Freemont let us know if it is
> lareevaar...and anyMORE pictures of this saroop?

I lived in Fremont for awhile, and I was fortunate when they first did parkash of the world biggest lareedar saroop written by Bhai Jaswant Singh Ji. My brother met Bhai Sahib and mentioned he is originally from Malyasia , and he likes to spend his time doing seva of writing lareedar saroops. he live lived in Fremont for a couple of years So he could finish this project. What dedication!

Unfortunately I do not have picturessad smiley
April 13, 2010 10:38AM
With all respect for the aged writer of these Saroops of Guru Sahib; is it not proper for the Sangat, who thinks that he is not writting Lareedaar Saroops; that he should be contacted to request about our concerns. If it is not Lareedar Gurbani; will his services be accepted by Guru Sahib? At Sri Harminder Sahib; always Lareedar Sarups are there. If at Harr Ki Pauri; the Sarup written like above replaces the earlier big sized Lareedar Sarup; is it not an undesired act? Never in history; Gurbani has been written by Gursikhs in Padd Chhed, for writting Guru Sahib Sarup. So, he will be the first man to break this tradition.

Guru Sahib Di Rakhya Hove Ji.
April 13, 2010 10:42AM
Bhai MB Singh jio, you are right. This baba ji should be contacted. Whoever has contact for him, should contact him.
I totally second Bhai MB Singh jee's views above. The writer should be contacted and requested to write in Laridaar format and it is even more important to contact SGPC to not allow non-Laridaar Saroop to be Prakashed at Siri Darbar Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
He does write lareedar gurbani piareo, some years ago he wrote a Sri Sukhmani Sahib gutka, since the calligraphy/handwriting was beautiful . His handwritten gutkas were printed and distributed to the sangat.

Chatrik can try to get his contact , but seriously don't have the skills when it comes to talking.
Someone else here might have to do it!tongue sticking out smiley

Chota veer
April 16, 2010 12:17PM
Please provide sangat with contact details so that gurmukh piarey writing can be informed of the sangat's concern.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login