ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Daswandh to buy Farming Land

Posted by harinder_singh 
Instead of using daswandh for creating bigger gurdwaras with lots of marble, daswandh can be used to buy farming land which can be turned into 'Khalsa Farm' of Bhai Sahib Fauja Singh Jee.
This could be an excellent way to do parchar and this will also give employment to lots of singhs.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
sounds like an excellent idea.

dasvandh can be given to any worthy person, group, or project. it doesn't even have to be sikhi related (of course, sikh charities are closer to our heart). smiling smiley

we can give to individuals as well, helping a poor family pay their children's school fees, or helping arrange a daughter's marriage. we can give to small gurdwaras who do not have the money for lots of marble, but just need to cover operating expenses. there are hundreds of worthy trusts in india, caring for widows and children of shaheeds, for the disabled and mentally ill (a group who get treated miserably in india, but through seva are now getting a better life). we can work with groups who do "micro loans" for poor women, helping them build a business based on their skills. this has been very successful for upliftment of women in south asia and south america. there are literally a thousand places we can give our dasvandh,

the idea of buying land, animals, equipment for a communal khalsa farm is a wonderful one. thanks for sharing your idea. smiling smiley
In the western world, the concept of ecovillages has come up recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecovillage
Ecovillages are intentional communities with the goal of becoming more socially, economically and ecologically sustainable.

Lots of ecovillages are being developed in North America and Europe. [directory.ic.org]

It will be great to have a KHALSA ECOVILLAGE. It will be an ideal example to live an ideal life based on Naam and gurbani with as less burden on mother earth as possible. It will also be a very good way to do parchar of sikhi and give employment to lots of sikhs.
I absolutely love this idea.... and I can't wait for it to happen. It will, I'm sure of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login