ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

design of akaal takhat sahib?

Posted by Vaheguru 
design of akaal takhat sahib?
March 30, 2010 07:35AM
vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh!!

does anyone know why akaal takhat sahib ji's structure and design was changed when the panth rebuilt it after the attack on darbar sahib ji?

why has the design changed from the original built by siri guru hargobind sahib ji?

original

Present
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I don't think the pre 1984 structure with gold and all was the way Guru Sahib had left it - but I think sangat changed it to show that Sikhs and Akal Takhat Sahib would be stronger, and bigger after the attacks

I don't think the pre 1984 structure with gold and all was the way Guru Sahib had left it

i did not mean to suggest that the gold was fixed on by guru sahib. i think we all know that it was raja ranjit singh who took the sewa of gurdwaras and applied gold to them etc.

your thought on the design changing is interesting, i never thought of it that way. thank you ji, please can others share.

Both structures look beautiful.
The main thing at Siri Akal Takhat Sahib is the Takhat itself. This Takhat is what was built by Siri Guru Hargobind Sahib jee. The building was built by Gursikhs from time to time and if the design changed a bit, its not a big deal. The Takhat itself should stay as is i.e. the dimensions of the Takhat should not change and I am hoping it stayed unchanged during the Kar Sewa.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

The main thing at Siri Akal Takhat Sahib is the Takhat itself. This Takhat is what was built by Siri Guru Hargobind Sahib jee. The building was built by Gursikhs from time to time and if the design changed a bit, its not a big deal. The Takhat itself should stay as is i.e. the dimensions of the Takhat should not change and I am hoping it stayed unchanged during the Kar Sewa.

im confused ji. please explain? what do you mean by the takhat itself ? please explain what you mean.

Takhat is the actual structure on which Guru Sahib used to sit. The building was built afterwards, on top of the Takhat.

If I am not wrong, the height of this Takhat is higher than the Delhi or Agra Takhats.

Kulbir Singh

(google search)
That is very informative painting. Thank you Amrit vela Veer Ji for that. I think, this is the Takhat Kulbir Singh JI is referring to. Shasters are placed at that spot presently. Does that mean this is the only structure that was there at Guru Sahib time?

Regarding that Takht structure I know one incident. After 1984; when the building repaired by Government was being demolished by Singhs; they were very aggressive. Late Prof. Jatinder Singh Jolly of GNDU wrote one article on similar events. He wrote that those singhs were also going to demolish this structure which was intact. Bhai Sahib Surinder Singh Matewal laid on the platform. He told them to stop and do not destroy the structure made by Guru Sahib himself. They stopped and realized their mistake. This structure having Nanakshahi bricks can be seen through the glass panes fixed at the front of the Takhat now.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Hove Ji.
mbsingh ji great information

Caption: "This part was made by pavitar hands of 6th guru sahib and baba budha ji"
[www.flickr.com]
Was the main building made under the supervision of 6th Guru or other Guru Sahibaan?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login