ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bibeki burgers with home made buns cool smiley

Posted by 1kaur 
sometimes i'm in the mood for a good old fashioned burger. i thought i'd share an easy recipe.

this is great if you have leftover rajma chawal.

1.5 cups of leftover beans of your choice. rajma, black beans, maa di daal... any of these work fine. (if you're not using leftover daal, add onions, garlic, and masala of your choice).
1 cup of cooked rice
1 spoon of dahi
1/2 cup of atta

mash the beans and rice and mix it all together in a bowl. put a small amount of oil or ghio in a flat bottomed pan. drop large spoons full of the burger mixture onto the pan, flattening with the back of a spoon to make a burger shape. don't make them too thin of they'll fall apart. cook on medium heat for 5 minutes per side, or until they're a bit crispy and brown.

for the buns:
use any bread recipe. this one by vista veerji is perfect: [www.gurmatbibek.com]

divide the dough and shape into balls (the size you'd use for a large parontha). let them rest for 5-10 minutes and then flatten the dough with your hand. place on a cooking sheet with a light dusting of corn flour (makki atta) to keep them from sticking and add a bit of texture. allow at least once inch between buns because they'll grow a bit in the oven.
bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes, or until deep golden brown.

i like to serve the burgers with mashed avocado spread on the bun. you can also use home made salsa mixed with dahi for a tasty burger sauce. basically dress them however you like (onion, tomato, lettuce, etc).

burgers always go great with potatoes, i recommend a dry sabji like bombay style or aloo amchur.

enjoy!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login