ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

japping gurmantar without amrit chakk

Posted by harinder_singh 
There is a person who says that he japps 15 Mallaas (108 beads) of gurmantar and he gets lots of anand.
Many amritdharis ask him for advice how to japp naam.
I told him that he shud chakk amrit as its the pritham rehit but he said that whats the need, he already knows the gurmantar.
What shud I tell him ? How shud I convince him to chakk amrit ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

There is a person who says that he japps 15 Mallaas (108 beads) of gurmantar and he gets lots of anand.
Many amritdharis ask him for advice how to japp naam.
I told him that he shud chakk amrit as its the pritham rehit but he said that whats the need, he already knows the gurmantar.
What shud I tell him ? How shud I convince him to chakk amrit ?

15 Maala of Naam Abhyaas is not too much abhyaas that one should be bragging about it. As for getting Anand, sure one would get Anand if one Japps Naam and recites Gurbani but the purpose for which Naam is chanted is to meet Vaheguru and this boon can only be achieved if one does Naam chanting through the Guru.

Remember, Vaheguru is "Gurprasaad" i.e. attained through the Guru. So unless, one seeks refuge of Guru Sahib, one cannot achieve the spiritual goal of attaining Vaheguru. Seeking Sharan or refuge of Guru Sahib means to offer oneself to Guru Sahib and receive the Naam from the Guru. The whole world knows that the Naam or Gurmantr of Khalsa is but that does not mean that anyone can chant this Naam for desired results, without following the protocol of first taking the Khande Pahul.

As for convincing him to chhak Amrit, you have to make sure that you are not just wasting your time. Don't talk about spirituality to someone who is not a suitable candidate. Such is the Hukam of Guru Sahib. From what you write, it does not seem like he is a suitable candidate. Leave him to Will of Vaheguru, and take Anand by chanting Gurmat Naam.

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login